An Abandoned Wagon
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was once a deer hunter who met an abandoned wagon deep in the forest fields, the wagon was full of wealth and valuables, as if a merchant was selling them.

'It's not that bad if I only steal one pack of bread right…?' that's what he thought before guilt strikes him, he cannot even eat the bread without crying, so he waited for the merchant to pay back the bread.

But it's not the merchant who came back, it's a patrol soldier. The deer hunter panics into thinking 'What kind of trouble am I suddenly brought in?!'

He then immediately went into the wagon and dressed himself in luxurious clothing, so that to avoid being accused of suspicion.

"Good day, merchant!" the soldier greets the pretending man.

"Good timing fellow!" the fake merchant chuckled, "I'm in a trouble travelling… east! Will you help me?"

"Isn't east the desert?"

'The desert?! I thought that's where the capital was!' the fake merchant thinks inside his head.

"Y-yeah… I was travelling to the desert, you know! Business! Hehehe…" he acted awkwardly.

"Yeah… I shall assist you then." the soldier prepared his sheathed sword for the travel. But then he's in a panic as well 'Oh no, this is bad! This is extremely bad!'

The soldier kept his cool while crying internally 'After the desert is the capital! I'm not even a soldier, I've deserted from the army! Once I go back there I'll surely be hanged!'

'How do I escape this situation?!' Their thoughts are almost the same.

In the hot expanse of the desert, they were travelling almost unendingly, until they met a starving man, he was so exhausted all he could do was crawl on the ground.

They then helped him and brought him along with them.

The man looks grateful, but he's actually feeling the exact opposite, 'They were heading towards the capital?! I went through tough ways of escaping the dungeon there, now I'm going back to being a prisoner?! I'd rather be left here and starve instead!'

While still travelling in disoriented paths, they accidentally ran into a group of army horsemen, the deserted soldier thought they're the ones looking for him and ran away.

The escaped prisoner thought they're the ones looking for him and ran away. 

The fake merchant thought they are bandits which is why his companions ran away, and ran away as well.

"Hey Jacob, did the men left their wagon?" one of the horsemen asks.

"I don't know Rob, they must've been heading to that oasis over there." the other horsemen answered him.

"Let's protect the wagon then while our folks are still away, shall we?"

"That's a good Idea Rob."

Supposedly going as far away as possible, they all ran into the oasis, and hid there.

"Hey soldier! What're we supposed to do?" the fake merchant shouts.

"I'm not a soldier! Please forgive me, but I'm a deserter!" the deserter soldier whines behind of the trees.

The fake merchant approaches him and sighed, "I'm not a merchant either."

The deserted soldier looks up to him, but with his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"W-wait!" the fake merchant shook his head worryingly, "I'm a deer hunter! I thought I would be arrested for being near that abandoned wagon so I pretended as the merchant!"

The deserter soldier calmed himself down, and nodded.

"I'm an escaped prisoner from the capital." the escaped prisoner said from the bushes.

Before he'll be seen a threat, he immediately explained himself, "I was once a slave when I disobeyed my master and was then brought to prison. Certainly for me, I escaped the dungeons by digging a tunnel, so that's why I am here."

A silent minute passes by before they laughed and made fun of each other.

"I know a good place to hide." the fake merchant suggests.

"Hey Jacob," the guarding horseman calls out, "aren't they coming back?"

"I don't know Rob, it's turning night already." the other horseman replies to him.

"Want to take the wagon and desert from the army, Jacob?"

"Hmm, that's a good idea… Rob."

0