Chapter 2 – Drunk
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I paced the empty halls of Malfoy Manor, taking in my surroundings as I swirled the champagne in its flute. Finally, I was alone, after three weeks of being surrounded by people at all hours. Finally, I could be alone with my thoughts. 

I'd excused myself to go to the bathroom, and when Fred and George had cheekily propositioned me, I'd turned them down meekly, which made them step away hastily and offer to go get more drinks. 

I felt sort of bad for taking advantage of their kindness, but they accompanied me EVERYWHERE, and I seriously needed a break. 

I meandered past Draco's bedroom, and I giggled as I glanced in. I'd been in there before, many summers before, and I'd made out with him as I felt up his bare chest, feeling his bulge poking into me. Then he'd taken me out on his broomstick; I also remembered making fireworks in the sky while we sat on our respective windowsills. 

The nostalgia washed over me. I wondered how things would be different if I'd kept dating Draco, instead of falling for Fred, then George. Maybe Draco would have proposed to me during the Battle of Hogwarts too, and maybe it would have been us whom an engagement party was thrown for by his parents. 

And Fred and George would still just be my best friends... or would they? Maybe they would still have fallen for me, and would be so in love that they'd object at my wedding... and maybe I'd still have fallen for them, and I'd leave Draco at the altar for them. 

Yeah, sorry, Draco. No matter who I'd chose to date, I think I would always keep coming back to the twins. 

A flurrying of feathers sounded behind me, and I jumped practically a mile into the air. I backed quickly into Draco's bedroom, setting my glass down on a cabinet, reaching for my wand, glancing around fearfully. 

A hand wrapped around my face, covering my mouth, and a mischievous voice said, "Boo!" 

I screamed. It was muffled in the guy's hand, however, and I reflexively kicked my heel up, smashing hard into his crotch. I heard a cry of pain, and I was released; I spun around, grabbing his arm, and tugged hard using all of my weight. The short guy was flipped onto his back on Draco's rug, and he let out a loud groan. 

"Holy Hell, Daisiel." Gabriel panted. "That's a nice way to greet your loving brother." 

I stared at him. My angel brother, with his shoulder-length hair and whiskey-coloured eyes, was struggling to his feet, huffing and puffing, and Castiel was watching with wide blue eyes, not even attempting to help Gabriel up. And beside him was Lucifer, his black hair slicked back and red eyes glowing; but a completely different shade and shape to Riddle's. 

My angel father opened his arms wide, grinning, as if he expected me to run into them, but I simply gaped at them all. Then my hands balled into fists. 

"Seriously?" I yelled. "SERIOUSLY? You turn up NOW - where the hell were you? I had to get through this past year all on my own, and not once did any of you help, or even show up - no, I'm not done - WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP ME?" 

"Daisiel, c'mon, let us explain -" 

"No, you've had a whole year to come by, and not once - not ONCE -" 

"D-"

"I was TORTURED, I was RAPED, I was MURDERED -" 

"We know, okay!" Gabe yelled over me, and I quietened, panting and glaring at him. "We know, we were aware of everything that happened to you. We couldn't help. I'm sorry." 

I stared at him. Cas looked from Gabe to me. 

"Dad forbid us from intervening at the start." Lucifer explained in a softer tone. "And by the time that Riddle man got to you, it was too late. We could not help if we wanted to. Which we did, little one, so badly." 

"Why?" I said. "Why was it too late - he MARRIED me -" 

"Yes, that is precisely why, Daisiel." Cas said. 

I glanced quickly between them all. 

"Using your Grace, Riddle placed a protection against us on your wedding ring." Gabe explained. "We couldn't get anywhere near you while it was on your finger." 

"And the protection died with him." Cas said. "That is why we can approach you now."

"Why didn't you -?" 

"Come earlier?" Lucifer said. "We needed to get you alone. Those gingers really are persistent, aren't they?"

Despite myself, I smiled slightly. "Yeah, I guess they are." 

"You know what, good on you, sweetheart." Lucifer smirked. "I've heard word in the fiery pits that my daughter was on Earth taking two eligible, handsome young men for herself, and -" 

Gabe shook his head at Lucifer, and Lucifer changed track in the middle of his sentence. 

"- uh, dating them. It's something I definitely approve of." 

"Yeah, you would, wouldn't you?" I muttered. "You're all about sin." 

Lucifer laughed. "Sin? Well, yes, I suppose it's considered rather promiscuous and lustful and indulgent - but many, many things are sins, some of which are harmful to nobody, including eating shellfish. Well, perhaps the shellfish are harmed, but who cares about them?"

"Literally nobody." Lucifer high-fived me, and Cas tilted his head, confused. 

The sounds of someone calling my name echoed down the hall outside, and I flinched. I wheeled around to the door, recognising the voice as Fred's, then turned back, opening my mouth - but all three angels were gone. 

"Don't think this is over!" I shouted into the empty room. "It's not! D'you hear me?" 

~~~ 

Fred and George had found me in Draco's room and brought me back down to the party, where Mrs Weasley found us and brought us some cherry scones. 

"Here, put these in your bag, Daisy, dear." She said hurriedly as she passed me a bundle wrapped in linen napkins, as if she were passing me contraband in prison. 

"Oh - okay -" I stuffed the bundle into the tiny purse I'd brought with me, which I'd magically expanded inside using a spell Terry had taught me. 

"I hope I'll get to see your flat someday soon, you three." Mrs Weasley looked out over the partygoers watchfully as I zipped my purse shut. "It sounds lovely after the upgrade; I'm looking forward to seeing all that lovely rustic brickwork you've told me about, George." 

"It's beautiful, Mrs Weasley." I told her, beaming as she looked back at us. "Lots of light as well now, with the added windows." 

"It sounds absolutely wonderful, dear." Mrs Weasley said fondly. Then she turned to George. "I take it you're staying with Terry, then, if there's only two bedrooms now?" 

George choked on the champagne he'd been sipping, and I thumped him on the back. 

"Er - thanks, Softpaw - um - y-yeah, I'm staying in Terry's bed while he's here, actually, and we'll get another bed in as soon as he comes back - if you're wondering why there's only one, Mum -" 

Mrs Weasley observed him as she sipped on her own champagne. "You seem awfully flustered, George, what's the matter with you?" 

George glanced sideways at me and Fred. "I - I - uh -" 

"Oh, and don't stop holding Daisy's hand on my account." Mrs Weasley said. "You two are best friends, aren't you? Don't make it strange." 

"Uhh -" 

George was bright red as he retook my hand. His was clammy and warm, and I masked my snigger by taking another sip. 

"He's always so flustered and blushy." Fred whispered into my ear, and I giggled again. 

Mrs Weasley eyed us, her eyes lit up. "You two are just the cutest couple - don't you agree, George?" 

"Uh - uh - yeah, I guess?" George rubbed the back of his neck, then snatched a glass of Firewhiskey off a nearby table and downed it. 

And a little while later, as the evening approached and the sun sent golden rays of light across the lawn, George was a bit tipsy, as were Fred and I, though we were slightly more of sound mind than him. 

"Mum," George staggered over to Mrs Weasley, who looked away from Mr Weasley and Sirius, "Mum, I have to tell you something. Fred and Daisy aren't - aren't the cutest couple." George scowled. "It's - it's me, and D-" 

"Drink." I told Mrs Weasley firmly, steering George away from her. "It's him and drink - he's infatuated by it. And now I think it's time to get you home, isn't it, Georgie?" 

George responded by tripping over a bush and face-planting into a wicker basket containing a heap of paper hand-fans. 

Fred seemed to be the most sober out of the three of us, and so he Apparated us back to the apartment. We stumbled up the stairs, me shrieking and giggling as Fred swept me up and carried me. We all collapsed onto our bed, giggling and laughing and holding hands, then George moved on top of me, grabbing my hands and pinning them down to the mattress. 

I grinned up at him. "Whatcha doing there, Georgie?" 

"I'm - I'm gonna fuck you," George slurred slightly, grinding against my leg; my eyes widened as I realised he was already hard, "if that's okay with you." 

"Yeah, I guess it is." I shrugged, spreading my legs underneath him. George's pupils were dilated so much so that I could barely see the brown, a tiny circle of chocolate around the dark black. 

"Hey, am I invited to this party?" Fred leaned in, and I could smell the alcohol off his breath as he grinned lazily. 

"If you have to be." George grumbled, reaching down, and I yelped as he grabbed my legs, hoisting them up onto his shoulders. 

"Dumbass, you have to take her knickers off first." Fred said, reaching over and under my skirt, tugging my panties up. I held my legs up, letting him remove my underwear, before resting my ankles back on George, who was watching me hungrily, his jeans already unbuckled, his wrist moving slowly but purposefully back and forth. 

"D'you want my mouth, Freddie?" I purred, and Fred's eyes darkened. His hands immediately moved to his buckle too. 

"Mmm, yeah, I do, baby girl..." Fred purred back, and he released himself. He brought his fingers to my lips, tracing over them, and I opened my mouth, letting him slip them inside. I sucked on his fingers, gazing into his eyes, swirling my tongue around the digits that had been inside me many many times before, and Fred swore softly, his other wrist moving furiously along himself too. 

Then the twins, uncannily, stopped jerking themselves off at the exact same moment, moving in on me... 

~~~ 

"Guys, c'mon, get up." There was a loud thudding on the bedroom door, and an equally loud groan beside my ear. "We've the viewing in twenty minutes." 

"Ughhhh..." Fred's rough voice was on the other side of me. 

My head was pounding. I whined as I sat up, the room spinning. I succeeded for about two seconds, then collapsed back down onto Fred's chest. 

His bare chest. 

And... oh. The rest of him was bare too. Like me. And... like George. 

"What did we do last night?" I moaned, putting a hand to my throbbing temple. 

"I've no idea." Fred said huskily, blinking hard. "I... oh. Actually, I think I might have one." 

His bleary eyes were focused on my mouth, then dropped to my chest. I sighed, raising my head to look into the mirror on the bedside table; my breasts were covered in something white, and a trickle of the same substance was dried on the left side of my mouth. I smacked my lips; I could definitely taste it in my mouth alright. 

"GET UP!" Terry roared outside, and I jumped. 

"Freddie, I don't think I can walk..." I breathed as the room span dizzyingly around me. 

"You'll be okay in fifteen minutes." Fred reassured me, though he was talking slowly and deliberately. "It's just your little morning problem..." 

I turned to George and shook him as Fred got up cautiously, stretching. George mumbled, turning over. 

"C'mon, Georgie, we gotta go look at Zonko's and the cottage in Hogsmeade..." 

George groaned again but braced himself against the bed, propping himself up. 

"Hopper - hangover potion, please, mate?" Fred called out as he opened the door a tiny crack. A small phial practically flew into his face, and he fumbled with it for a few seconds. 

"Ahhh... fuck, that's good. Here, baby girl..." 

I eyed the potion warily as Fred brought it to my lips. 

"Don't worry, I took a sip and I'm fine. There's nothing in it, I promise." 

I took a gulp, and immediately felt my head start to clear. I sat up as Fred moved across to George, and sighed. Today we would be going to Zonko's and putting in an offer for their shop in Hogsmeade, as the owner was retiring, and then we'd be looking at a seven-bedroom cottage on the same street; obviously we didn't need seven bedrooms, but we thought we could use some of the rooms for studios to invent more items for the shop while we stayed there part-time; and of course - I didn't know if Fred and George were thinking along the same lines as me, but maybe they were - if we had kids in the future, there would be plenty of room for many... 

At last, everyone was dressed and cleaned and had stuffed two slices of buttered toast into their faces, and Terry Apparated us outside Zonko's. 

The owner chatted happily with us as we gazed around the shop, the shelves bare but full of potential. He knew us well from our custom, and from our frequent trips between Hogwarts and his cellar, where a secret passageway led to. 

We were pleasantly surprised when he accepted our first offer on the shop. It wasn't the highest bid we were prepared to make, and we pondered as we made our way down the street if it had anything to do with the fact that I had saved this whole village from Riddle a few weeks ago. 

"Maybe." George said. 

"Probably." I said. 

"Definitely." Fred and Terry chorused. 

And then we were given a tour of the charming cottage at the end of the street. It had a thatched roof, and cute little windows with shutters painted pastel pink and yellow. It had a small garden, which was blooming with wildflowers - cornflowers and baby's breath, poppies and marigolds - and the inside was just as cozy. Fireplaces were in every downstairs room, and the kitchen was spacious and vintage-looking, but in a good way. The oven was massive, and there was a good-sized workbench - "That's definitely a plus for us." Fred had murmured into my ear, and I'd blushed at the implication. The bedrooms were also large and most had their own bathroom. 

It was perfect. It helped that I was also picturing hanging mobiles, teddies, and cots in the smaller bedrooms. 

Just like the owner of Zonko's, the seller of this cottage accepted our first bid merrily and handed over the keys right there and then. 

I looked down at the little silver key in my hand, then back up at Fred, George, and Terry, beaming.

0