Chapter 22 – Take It Away
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was woken the next morning by the sounds of movement below us, indicating the waking-up of the Gryffindor boys to get ready for breakfast. Fred and George stirred on either side of me, mumbling, and I felt their arms tighten around me. 

"Shh, shh, it's okay." I whispered, smoothing back their hair from their foreheads. "You don't have to go to class today. We can just stay right here." 

"O-okay..." George murmured, and Fred curled tighter into my side. 

"Go back to sleep, Georgie..." I kissed George's forehead, "Freddie..." I kissed Fred's, pulling the blanket further up over us. 

But as the twins drifted back off, I lay awake staring up at the ceiling. These boys were broken. It was way worse than I'd thought. They'd literally screamed and cried when I'd only fallen a few feet to the ground, thinking I'd died... did they really believe I was dead, or were they just afraid of the possibility that I was? 

I mean, I'd faced my fair share of death in my lifetime. My parents, Amy, Terry, Harry... and three of those had ACTUALLY died. I wasn't trying to one-up the twins or pretend I was better than them, but how was I able to cope with my trauma so much better? 

Was it because of how recent the 'loss' was? But I 'lost' Harry at the same time, and I wasn't like this. Maybe it would kick in if I saw Fred or George lying there unconscious. 

But I couldn't recall ever reacting like they had to anything. I knew that my trauma due to the events of the past two years had been manifesting in the form of presenting myself as an object; sometimes I'd try to resolve conflicts by disassociating and trying to persuade the twins to take out their frustrations on me sexually. Of course, every time they'd recognise what it was and coax me down from my state, never once giving in. And I was always grateful for that. 

Obviously this was a result of the trauma Riddle and Floppy had given me; they'd treated me like an object so sometimes I would believe I was one. But this was only sexual trauma - I had trauma from torture as well, but we didn't need to get into that - why didn't I have a response to death? Or maybe I did. I just didn't know it yet? 

But that leads back to the question - why were Fred and George's responses so bad? 

Maybe it was because they'd never experienced a loss that big before? Maybe because I'm an angel, and my presence had been keeping them magically reined to me or something? Maybe they're more mentally sensitive than the average person? Maybe - 

"Daisy...?" 

"Hmm?" I looked to the side. Fred's eyelashes were fluttering open. His warm brown eyes were unfocused for a second, then connected with mine and cleared. "Fred... everything's okay, baby. You just go back to sleep, now, alright? Everything's gonna be okay..." 

"Daisy..." Fred reached out for me, gently brushing a strand of hair behind my ear and letting his thumb drift softly across my cheek. His eyes moved across my face, full of a sort of intensity that made my heart race. "I'm in love with you." 

I giggled quietly. "I know that, silly." 

"No, Daze..." Fred whispered. "I'm in love with you, that's why it hurts so bad... that's why IT hurt so bad." 

George stirred on the other side of me. He mumbled something incoherent and stuck his face back under my arm. 

"You're the only one I've ever loved. Ever since you came to Hogwarts..." Fred continued quietly. "For the first few years, it was just a friendship love... then as we got older I started to notice you in a more... attracted sense, I suppose. And by the end of fourth year, that was it, I'd sealed my sentence by messing around with you and letting my thoughts run wild. I've been in love with you ever since. You're all I've ever known. And I can't lose you. Because then..." Fred took a deep breath. "Because then I'd have lost everything." 

"Freddie..." I breathed, tracing my fingers over his aggrieved face. "Oh, Freddie..." 

"And for me," George muttered on the other side of me, and I turned my face to him, "you're everything to me, too, Daisy... I guess I could never truly match what Fred is to you and I doubt I could ever feel exactly what it is that Fred feels for you... but I'm in love with you too, and I think the reason why I'm feeling like this is because when I lost you, I'd only just gotten you." 

George sniffled, and I drew him closer. I felt Fred's hand close over George's on my hip. 

"I'd only ever felt a platonic kind of love for you until sixth year, I think - when we started having those threesomes? Yeah, around then... and after that I remember feeling so confused, I think I was battling my feelings for you because I didn't want to fall in love with my brother's girlfriend. But then I did. And I'm so glad Fred agreed to this relationship, because now I have everything... but he agreed not very long before you were taken from me, and I guess that's just destroyed me. Because even though I have you back, you could be snatched away from me again so quick, just like that." 

"So it's because you both love me and you both don't want to lose me." I said. "And Fred's main reason is because I'm all the romantic love he's ever known, and George's is because it happened so soon after we got together. That about right?" 

The twins nodded. I heaved a deep sigh. It hurt me to see them like this. I didn't want them to be in so much pain because of me. 

"Haven't you told any of this to Wells?" 

"We've told her everything." Fred shook his head. "She's been trying to help us, but..." 

"It's not getting any better." George finished. 

"I mean, it always takes a while." I said gently. "Especially with trauma this bad. You can't make it go away just like that." 

The twins made eye contact over my head. It was like a light switch had flicked on in their eyes. I glanced between them warily. 

"What...?" 

"You can, Daze." Fred said excitedly. He sat up; his whole demeanour had changed, he was almost hungry. "You can make it go away. Just like that." 

"What are you asking me?" I sat up too, scooting back into the pillows. I glanced quickly at George then back at Fred. 

Fred moved closer, his eyes gleaming. "With your angel powers. You can take it all away from us. Can't you?" 

I glanced warily between them again. George had propped himself up, also looking between me and Fred. He didn't look totally opposed to this idea either. 

"N-no, I can't." I said, my voice wavering. "I don't know how. I could hurt you both -" 

"More than we're already hurt?" Fred said. "C'mon, Daze, we need this. You saw how we acted out on the pitch yesterday... I don't want to feel like that anymore." 

"I - I -" I looked pleadingly at George, but he looked away. 

"I don't want to feel it anymore either, Daisy." He said quietly. 

"I can't! What if I do it wrong?" I said, louder. "I -" 

"Please!" Fred grabbed my face, turning me towards him. His eyes were watering, full of pain, and it was like a shock went through my heart. "Please, baby, we need you... please take the pain away..." 

"Freddie..." 

"Please..." Fred's voice cracked and tears began to spill down his cheeks. I blinked, hard, turning to George - whose eyes were also swimming with tears. 

"Fuck." I said. "Fuck. Fuck! Alright. Fine, you got me." 

I sighed deeply, taking both of their hands in mine. I had no idea what the hell I was doing, but I was going to try my best. My very best to take away their pain and suffering... 

~~~ 

The next couple of weeks were strange. The twins had been the subject of gossip for the first week after the Quidditch match, due to their traumatic outburst and the way they'd walked around after I'd cured them, like they hadn't a care in the world for anything. To outsiders, it had seemed like they'd made a miraculous overnight recovery. 

But I knew different. 

The prank war continued, and the twins had started to partake in meaner and meaner pranks. Once, they'd unleashed a Boggart on me, and had only stepped in once I started crying. 

"It's alright, princess." George laughed as he took me in his arms, pulling me firmly back from the forms of Riddle and Floppy, their red and black eyes glinting. "It's not real, silly. Surely you know that by now?" 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I choked out, watching through my tears as Fred stepped forward, his wand out, and said casually, "Riddikulus." 

But I'd noticed that the Boggart hadn't changed into anything for him when he'd stepped closer. In fact, it had changed into nothing. There hadn't been anything in the space where Riddle and Floppy had stood. And that freaked me out. He couldn't just... not be afraid of anything. Right? 

And in Hogsmeade one weekend, at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Fred and George surprised me again. 

"And the employee of the month is..." Fred announced to the gathering of employees in the warehouse, "Luke McVey. Unfortunately. Round of applause for your role model, everyone." 

I clapped along with Terry as Fred and George handed a grinning Luke a little plaque and shook his hand. The twins turned at the exact same time and their eyes landed on me; identical grins spread across their faces, and I gulped. There was something wicked about their grins (something very attractive too, but I was slightly more scared than turned on). 

And before I knew it, they were next to me. Luke was being dragged along behind them, Fred's hand wrapped tight around his forearm, looking bewildered. 

"Hey, baby girl." Fred said lowly, his eyes gleaming with wicked mischief. "How's it going?" 

And without waiting for an answer, George said, "We want you to give McVey his employee of the month gift." 

"Oh." I said. "Well, the vouchers are in the -" 

"Not that kind of gift, princess." 

I stared at George. Terry glanced back and forth between us, raising his eyebrows. 

"What kind of gift do you mean, then?" 

George smirked. Fred glanced at Luke then me, a smirk unfurling on his lips too. He leaned in close to my ear. 

"We want you to give McVey the best blowjob of his life." Fred purred. I shivered as his lips brushed against my earlobe, then stepped away, anger flaring inside me. 

"What? What the fuck did you just say?" I demanded, wrapping my arms around myself. 

"You heard me." Fred's voice was laced with dark amusement. "Suck him like a lollipop." 

I stared first at him, then at George. 

"Are you two fucking serious?" 

"Deadly." George said. "You know, you don't have to. We don't really CARE either way." 

I felt myself swelling up, fury pounding through me. Terry took a step back from me, eyes wide, as I felt myself draw up to my full height, suddenly reminding myself of the twins' mother. 

"You know what? Fine. Fucking. Fine." I launched forward, grabbing Luke's other arm and ripping him away from Fred. "Let's see how much you really do care, then." 

And so I pulled Luke out into the main shop, up the stairs to the first floor and into a small cleaning cupboard, slamming the door behind us. I pressed myself up against the sandy-haired man, who gazed down at me, still confused. 

"Daisy, what's -" 

I slammed my lips down on his, and I felt him give in to the sensation as our mouths moved together. His tongue slipped into my mouth after a few passionate moments, and I let him press me against the wall behind me as his hands moved slowly down my body. 

Then, with a burst of energy, I pushed him against the wall behind him instead. I broke away from his mouth and kissed down his chest, over the purple WWW shirt and down to his belt buckle. I got on my knees on the rough stone floor, gazing up at him as I reached up to undo the buckle. Luke's dark eyes were even darker than usual, but he reached a hand out for my hair. 

"Daisy... you don't have to do this if you don't want to - are the twins making you -" 

"NO!" I burst out, ripping the belt apart and dragging his jeans and boxers down. "They're not making me do ANYTHING, Luke. Do you want this?" 

Luke hesitated, then nodded vigorously. 

"Good. Then shut up." I lowered my face, eyeing Luke's length. "I don't wanna hear it." 

And soon Luke's head was tilted back against the cupboard wall, his eyes shut and pleasured groans escaping his mouth. His hands were clamped tight in my hair as I bobbed my head furiously back and forth on him, feeling him sliding all the way down my throat as he guided me, and he looked down at me, hissing out my name as I let most of him slip out of my mouth, twirling my tongue around his tip. 

"Fuck... how are you so good at this?" Luke moaned as I took him all inside again. 

"Lots of practice." I said thickly as I let him out again, then sank down slowly. 

"Daisy... I'm gonna... I'm gonna come..." 

I grabbed him tighter, gazing up at him, telling him I wanted him to with my eyes. Luke groaned loud, throbbing on my tongue, and I felt the hot liquid hit the back of my throat. When he finished, he slipped out, collapsing against the wall and staring down at me, his pupils blown. I swallowed thickly, swiping at the corners of my mouth with my tongue, and staggered up next to him. 

"Daisy..." Luke reached out for my face with a hand, probably to cup it, but I ducked away from him and exited the cupboard, hurrying away through the aisles and down the stairs. Fred, George, and Terry were at the bottom, and before I could catch more than Terry's shocked expression, I barrelled through them and left the shop. 

I stormed down the street, not sure where I was going. The only thing I was sure of were the tears now streaming down my face.

0