Chapter 4: Objective
516 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our strange group continued on its way through the Hueco mundo, Kevin finally got an official name, right now they were passing through a kind of mountain or rocky area

“Come to think of it… Where are we going?” It would have been better if Lily had asked is when they hadn't been traveling for months.

Kevin stopped and the others followed.

"I can't believe I never told them" he patted his face he had been busy, forging bonds with his group, training and with the new skill he obtained

…………………………………(Flashback)……………………………………………

Sometime after Stark and Lilynette will join.

Kevin was in one of his typical meditation sessions to communicate with his zanpakuto, sometimes they were simple talks other times he couldn't even connect.

When he opened his eyes and was in the forest inside him.

"Good evening." He knew she could hear him and she liked the courtesy.

“It is a pleasure to see you today, I must congratulate you”

"Why?" He didn't remember winning anything.

"To your new friends, they're a curious bunch." She let out a giggle.

“They're eccentric, but they're great; Nelli so loyal, Lily so vibrant and Starrk…reminds me of one of my teachers.” They were good friends and that was what mattered.

“I think it's time for our formal introduction…” Footsteps could be heard from inside the forest.

That statement surprised Kevin, he had been waiting for a long time, he felt so sudden.

(I wonder what's her power?...) He couldn't be arrogant enough to declare it his own.

(… And how does she look?) Kevin looked expectantly at the place where the sound came from.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

"I started this trip for two reasons, the first was to find friends" The black-haired man smiled at them while he looked at them.

“I already got that”

"You have kept your word, it is an honor to be your friend" Despite sounding very serious, she had grown fond of her group.

"Yes, you are lucky, we are very cool, but we accept you anyway" Lily's smile was going to leave his mouth.

Starrk was just scratching his head, but he had a small smile too.

“The other was…” He couldn't finish the Arrancar warning.

"We have company" he kept his lazy expression so the threat level was ambiguous, but if he was a simple Hollow you wouldn't even mention it.

“Who are you and what do you want?” A new group made an appearance

“…” If there's one thing Kevin could credit the Hollows with, it was their different aspects; they range from misshapen monsters, animals to separate categories such as the Arrancar; That's why I only accept the group made up of a lion, a snake, some kind of deer or horse and a blonde woman, who seemed to have bone armor glued on that only showed a little skin around her eyes, with a huge sword attached to one arm.

“Our lady is speaking to you!” The deer did not seem very patient.

"Don't jump on them" The lioness looked contemptuous.

"Who do you think you're talking to, asshole!"

"To you, idiot!" They both started yelling at each other.

"Lose your elegance to your enemies, you savage bunch." The snake looked at them with pity.

""Don't think you're better than us"" At least they agreed on something

The blonde woman who seemed to be the leader, analyzed them, normally she wouldn't pick on other groups for no reason, especially one this strong if the feeling the older man gave her was correct, but they headed to their base and if they were sent by Barraggan must be ready.

(It's like seeing Starrk and Lily, if they had similar personalities)

"Just passing through, sorry if we bothered you" Kevin Ignore the comic routine, the less they have to kill, the better.

“What do they do with a Shinigami?!” The deer was still ready to fight.

"What do you think stupid?! We're friends! Can't you tell?!" Lily looked at her superiorly.

(I don't think you're the one to say that)

"Ha, ha, I'll grab you, the tail, Apacci." The lioness continued to laugh, but she too was ready to fight.

"Shut!"

The blonde woman found it hard to believe them, but she didn't see the reason for that lie.

"If this is your home, we'll leave immediately, there's no need to fight, we're just traveling" Kevin wanted to focus the conversation.

“Haa, listen to him, I want to avoid fatigue” The biggest Arrancar yawned.

"...Let's go." She led her group away from them.

"Everything went perfect for once" The black-haired sighed, the last group they found had to destroy.

"They seemed to be led by a sensible Vasto Lorde." Nelli had been analyzing the other side as well, it was good to see other groups that weren't savage warmongers.

"We should continue, what was I telling them?" Kevin remembered where he left off the conversation.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

"Lady, is it alright to leave them?" Apacci did not like that Shinigami and how they seemed to despise them, especially that midget.

"I wonder how strong that Adjucha was?" The lioness gave a strong impression, as she did not take her eyes off them.

"What else could we do? Lady Harribel would have problems facing those two strange Vasto Lorde, she would be very hurt when she beat them and we don't know the level of the others, it was a risk" The snake seemed the most centered of the trio.

The truth was that their leader, Tier Harribel, did not even have the confidence to defeat the strongest of this strange group.

(He's a Hollow, but he doesn't feel like a Vasto Lorde and why was following the orders of that Shinigami?) She should keep an eye on them, they were a very big threat and if they formed an army like Barraggan, the Hueco Mundo would become more turbulent and dangerous for people like them.

……………………………………………....................................................................

“Can you really open a portal to the human world?” As Kevin finished his previously interrupted sentence, he didn't expect Starrk to say that they could just walk out of this hellhole that easily.

"Of course we can, we call it Descorrer!" Lily patted her chest superiorly.

"..." The Shinigami hoped that there was some special condition or important artifact to travel between dimensions.

“Are you going?” Nel's “eyes” focused on him, waiting for her answer, she didn't know how to feel.

"Why would he leave us for that stinking dimension if he has us!?" Lily's expression said that she was convincing herself.

Starrk just waited for her answer, not trying to lie down.

This made Kevin reflect, did he have a compelling reason, leaving aside comfort, to leave? This was not his universe, there was no one waiting for him there, unlike here.

"Why don't you come with me?" Sure, it would be hard to hide Nel, but when she became an Arrancar she could easily fit into civilization like Starrl and Lily… with a few minor tweaks.

"We can't, the Shinigami would easily notice us and come to kill us" It wouldn't be different from what they live now, Nelli didn't want to start some kind of war for no reason either.

“It would be a pain, they would get stronger all the time.” That would tire the Arrancar a lot, but she didn't reject the idea outright.

"Too bad..." He couldn't finish because the little girl grabbed him by the clothes.

“Are you seriously going to abandon us after everything you told us?!” She looked like was going to cry, either out of anger or sadness.

"... I was just going to say that I'll have to make do with punctual visits" Although she didn't need it, or so she assumed, she missed eating and drinking, as well as means to pass the time that were not fighting or walking.

"… You!" It was time for more training.

Starrk gave a small laugh and Nelli let out a breath she didn't know was in it.

10