Chapter 9: At the foot of the door
280 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is great! It looks like a secret base!" It was the day of the rescue mission and everyone had gathered in the secret underground room, with Orihime impressed by it.

(I can't believe I'm taking part in the first major arc of a series…) As he always stayed away from the plot and the last few days he kept himself busy, Kevin just had this realization.

(I just have to move on, this isn't a tourist attraction, this is my life now and there are people waiting for me…I'm sure they're fine) He double-checked his pickup location until the last day with vague hope, he had left a message with his situation.

"Okay, guys, pay attention" Urahara drew attention with a few applause, just after columns and rows of a material covered with paper appeared, forming an entrance or portal.

"Dramatic" Kevin muttered.

"This is the door to soul society, listen to me carefully because I'm going to tell you how to cross without dying" The guy in the hat was totally serious and began to explain how the door worked.

(Is that much exposure necessary?) He preferred not to ask after seeing him hit Ichigo with his cane for wanting to enter quickly.

“The problem is time, they only have 4 minutes to cross the path! Or they will be caught between this world and soul society."

“4 Minutes!?” No one expected that time limit.

"As if this is going to stop anyone here at this point, it just means we have to go fast." Knowing that this mission was to rescue a friend, and how hard Ichigo tried, he didn't see anyone backing down, he would be disappointed if that was the case.

"That's right, walk forward, does everyone have the motivation?" Yoruichi made her appearance.

"What are you talking about, we will carry this decision to the end!" Ichigo took a very determined step forward, with the others behind him.

"If you fail, you can't go back"

"I have no intention of failing!"

(Me neither) He was going to return home, he would not fall here in any way.

"Well said!" The cat liked the looks of the group.

"Get ready and come in quickly when I activate it" Urahara put the door to work and everyone rushed in without hesitation.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

"A spiritual bullet train, there had to be." They had survived the breach with minor problems, like crashing to the ground.

"Are you alright, Yoruichi?" As they shot out from the exit, he instinctively grabbed it to cushion the blow.

"You didn't need to bother." She would be unharmed, even if he didn't protect her, but he appreciated her gesture.

"That's not a problem, that's what friends and drinking partners are for" The cat released from his embrace.

"Yes, drinking partners" Laughed and then went to scold Orihime for throwing her shield against Seimichio, the spirit train

"Hey, the smoke clears!" Ishida saw that the dust raised by the crash was dissipating and had to be alert.

“This… This is the soul society?” Ichigo seemed to process his surroundings.

“It looks like an ancient village… I was hoping for a more mystical place” Kevin was a little disappointed.

"Right now we are on the outskirts, the souls sent by the Shinigami live here, it is designed in a circular way and the barracks are in the center"

Ichigo took the cat's explanation as a cue to run toward the center.

"I'll go first!"

“Stupid! How dare you get close like that!?” Thanks to Yoruichi's warning, the protagonist stopped and avoided being crushed by a series of walls that formed a defense around the headquarters.

(That was very close, Orihime's eyes were going to pop out) Kevin let out a sigh, realizing it wouldn't get any easier from here

………………………………………………………………………………………………

(I can't believe all the detours to get to the main site, that this made it to a weekly magazine is impressive, putting that aside, that guy Gin is creepy and I never really liked characters with eyes closed, besides, I didn't expect us to see each other again to Ganju…) Kevin reminisced about the last events, there wasn't much he could change until now, he only helped Ichigo in his spiritual energy training, but that was about to change.

"Yoruichi... Why is your tail bent?" It was the protagonist's first question before takeoff.

(With what it cost me to comfort and calm him down) The black-haired man sighed, the others weren't any better, they knew it was Ichigo's fault.

"You have a problem with that?" Her murderous gaze was daring him to answer.

"No, I must be imagining things"

Luckily Ganju arrived to change the subject, he simply faced Ichigo and Kevin.

"My older brother... he was killed by Shinigamis!" This explained to Kevin because he seemed so mean to them.

(He's the same as Ishida, but at least he's not as dangerous to his surroundings) Although with how little they had interacted, the Quincy seemed to be more focused and less self-destructive.

“…!, Ganju, close the…!” His sister tried to stop him.

"Sister! I must say this!"

Kukaku did not expect to see such a serious brother

"My brother was a genius, he was accepted into the academy at the first opportunity, he finished the 6 years of studies in 2 and in 5 years he became a lieutenant... but then he was betrayed by his own mate! I would never forget that cold look on the face of that Shinigami who brought up my brother's dying body!" Ganji clenched his fists.

"I don't know why, but not once, my brother... said something against the Shinigami... I want to know the reason, why even on the verge of death he didn't stop trusting them?!" He reached out to grab Ichigo, but Kevin stopped him.

“That's because Shinigamis aren't just one person; they are a species, bordering on a profession like the spiritual police; There will be good and bad people and if your brother never hated them even when one killed him, he must have been one of the most understanding people in the world or met people good enough not to tarnish everyone's image " Nobody expected that answer from Kevin, except Ishida.

(This is the same Shinigami who told me to grow up) The Quincy could empathize with Ganju's situation, who didn't know how to respond.

"We must continue, Rukia is waiting for us" Kevin walked towards the canyon.

“Wait! I still want to see it! I want to see with my own eyes what those good Shinigamis are like!” This only fueled Ganju's resolve.

(If Ichigo and I didn't count, going to a battle at the Shinigami HQ isn't the best idea to look for them) But I wouldn't dismiss Ganju's motivation, at least it was a kind of confrontation.

"There is no turning back, forward!" Kukaku gave her approval and it was time to dispel them.

When they presented the orb for the shot, Ichigo had a question.

"If we are going to use the orb as a cannonball, can you do it Yoruichi? We have worked hard to create the barrier."

“”Speak for yourself”” Kevin and Ishida chanted.

"Don't worry about it, just put it on the ground." When the protagonist did so, she stood on top of the sphere and created the barrier smoothly.

"For me it's as easy as breathing" Ichigo fell to the ground defeated

"There's nothing Yoruichi can't do." It wasn't just a joke, with everything Kevin learned, he had accepted how strong and skilled must be.

“Prrrr… Stop, this is not the time for this!” But he still knew her weak point, he really liked to caress her when she acted so superior and it wasn't serious time.

(I never expected to see Yoruichi like this) Shukaku was smiling at her side, but it was time to work.

Bonus: parasite

Fun time was coming for Gossit, that stupid zanpakuto, as he loved to repeat it, played it when he spent all his resources on his plan to avoid the last arc, but it seemed delicious that the first arc was the reason for his liberation.

"The idiot will reach his limit and that will be the time to escape from my confinement, I no longer have to hide and I can't wait to have fun with Orihime and Yoruichi, although soul society also has good prey... I have a lot of time for everything, after killing Aizen, and thanks to the motivation (desperation) caused by this sudden setback, I can show you a sneak peek about the Arrancar… and it will be one you will never forget, ha, ha, ha” His laugh echoed in the empty space

9