Chapter 19: “The End of the Espadas”
226 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Espadas had met in their usual conference room, Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck had returned, which meant Aizen had too, and they had a meeting scheduled when he returned, although from the start several felt there was something wrong, the owner of Las Noches is usually the first to arrive and neither were Gin and Tousen.

"Where's Aizen!? I want the exciting mission he told us about!" The blue-haired man was losing patience.

"Remember who you're talking about, Grimmjow, and it's not even certain that you'll be sent," The Fourth Espada stated monotonously.

"Do you want to fight Ulquiorra?!"

"That trash, do you really think he has a chance?" Yammi mocked, although he also wanted action

"Those three have already started... how I wish I could tear them apart to shut them up" Despite his smile, Luppi could only dream about it, he could barely win his place as Sixth Espada.

Szayelaporro just sighed and shook his head at the stupidity of his companions, even with the Arrancar they couldn't have their magnificence.

Tier just wanted to get this over with to go visit Nelli

"This is not the attitude of a leader" Baraggan would take any opportunity to degrade the one who took the throne from him.

At that moment a Shinigami arrived, but not the one they expected.

"Who the hell are you?!" Grimmjow just didn't attack because he could be Aizen's ally.

The Eighth Espada narrowed his eyes, the question here is: How did he enter without being noticed until now?

The Third Espada opened her eyes when she recognized him.

"I'm Kevin, are you the Espadas led by a Shinigami named Aizen?"

"So what if we are, tadpole?" The Tenth Espada smirked at him dismissively.

“I only came because some friends of mine live here and to tell you not to wait for it”

"Why should we listen to you?" This whole situation seemed absurd to the Ninth Espada.

"Because I killed him"

At that statement, several looked at him shocked until a laugh resounded.

"Ha ha ha, we have a snooty." Grimmjow gave him a wild look.

The Seventh Espada, who had been meditating, widened his eyes and began to yell at him.

"Blasphemous! How dare you talk like that about the God of Hueco Mundo?!" Contrary to what one would expect, he lost his cool easily and lunged at Kevin.

"No one insults..." He didn't get very far because a Cero pierced his skull.

“I have to admit, I didn't expect Zommari to be the first to attack.” The one responsible, the Second Espada, spoke into his gun.

“I told you he was a freak, always talking about “Amor” and those Aizen posters posted on his territory” Lily answered, the gun, at least the rest weren't hypocrites and they were pretending to be monks.

"Starrk, I see you are betraying us." He was the only other Arrancar to give the old king a fight, he would have been an excellent general in his army if it weren't for his laziness.

"I was never a willing part of this, Baraggan, and with Aizen dead I can retire."

"Do you believe a complete stranger who proclaims the death of your leader?" The pink-haired man expected a better reason.

"He's not a stranger, he's my friend" He gave them a smile, a strange gesture in him for them.

“How absurd!” The First Espada seemed indignant at that answer.

"This will be fun, let's see what you can do, assassin!" Grimmjow was the next to launch, but he didn't neglect Starrk for a second, however, it wasn't him who stopped him.

"Aren't you the Starrk Fraccion? Are you going to meddle, woman?" He only recognized her because one of his own Fraccion was terrified of her.

She didn't answer, Nelli just swung her sword and threw him out of the room, her job was to distract Grimmjow while her companion kept an eye on Ulquiorra.

"Bitch, I'll finish you off and then I'll go after him!"

Nelli chased after him, but not before her gaze met Tier's.

Those who stayed in the room had no time to process the situation because someone else took action.

"Destroy, Tiburon." Without hesitation, she released her zanpakuto to hunt down her enemy.

Szayelaporro was no idiot, he immediately understood what was coming and acted accordingly.

"Sip, Forni-" Or tried

“Tridente” From the curtain of water caused by her release, a blade of yellow energy shot out at high speed, cutting off the Eighth Espada's arm.

"Damn" He wasn't going to end up like this, he had plans to wipe out almost all of the Espadas, but he never expected such a sudden development.

"You won't do anything, I've learned everything about you, surely you have a way to counter me, even if you don't, you won't be that easy to kill, I won't let you act in any way" After those cold words she guided the water to form a dome that trapped her enemy.

Tier's appearance, after her liberation, couldn't be more human, if we forget the giant shark-tooth shaped weapon in one of her hands, any daily that is just a beautiful woman with little clothes.

"Before I finish you off, I want to show you something, Congelacion." She solidified the sphere of water and carried it through the hole opened by Nelli and Grimmjow's fight.

"This must be the best meeting so far, who should I attack? There is Starrk, who is less trash, and that trash that supposedly killed Aizen" Yammi pointed out the best "luck"

Ulquiorra hadn't reacted since he received the news, another one who didn't move either was the Ninth Espada, but his situation was due to the fear of ending up like Zommari, and then there was Luppi who was the only one left analyzing what action to take.

“This is totally outrageous” The First Espada couldn't believe how “his” organization was falling apart.

“Bankai” Before he had a chance to unleash his power was trapped by Kevin's room.

“I admit I was curious how my Bankai would affect Hollows and Arrancars, but I hope this isn't the standard.” In blank space was just him and a skeleton.

Kevin reached out and touched it, but it was just a skeleton, a pile of bones.

"They told me how Aizen knocked you down, you show that you are not one of those who learn the lesson" He wasn't going to talk to a tyrant who had a power of decomposition, time acceleration or whatever it was, but he had to get the rest of the Espadas away to minimize the consumption of spiritual energy.

"The cost is to activate it, not to maintain it, a fair deal, I suppose." Since Baraggan no longer considered a living and sentient being, he smashed the skull to pieces to make the room disappear.

Even though it had only been a few minutes, when Kevin surveyed the surroundings, almost the entire boardroom was smashed, the battles outside could be heard.

"That would exhaust me too much, although if Lily's description is true, my Shikai would be enough... I don't want to experience being crushed anyway" Kevin saw how Starrk was fighting against a giant, looked like a bird against a mountain, as for Nelli , she was far away, but seemed fine.

"New boss, capture this one, do you want to torture him?" When Luppi saw Kevin emerge victorious against the First Espada without even breaking a sweat, he knew which side to take and to score points, he released his sword and caught the paralyzed Aaroniero with some tentacles; he wasn't suicidal to try it on Ulquiorra.

(They had to be tentacles) At least they were different from Gottsit's

"You are a traitorous bastard!"

"I'm sorry... I feel sorry that you are so weak" he laughed at his former companion

(Later I will ask Starrk and Nelli how bad this guy is) The Shinigami understood that most Hollows did not have a good nature, but he was willing to give them a chance if they did not cross certain lines and could behave in the future.

Believing it was the best time, Aaroniero fired a Cero at Luppi, it didn't do much damage, but he managed to break free to escape.

"I'll take care of it, don't worry boss." He had a sadistic smile on his face as he chased after him.

(It's going to require a good talk) Kevin saw that there was only one left, he was still sitting in the same place, and he went to talk to him, but without lowering his guard for a second.

"You must be Ulquiorra... do you have anything planned now?" This was the wild card of the group.

"Is it true that you killed Master Aizen?" He didn't seem sadder than usual.

“Yes, he attacked me and my friends”

I could easily tell the lack of falsehood in his statement, many believed the Fourth Sword to be the Arrancar with the most devotion and loyalty to Aizen, but Ulquiorra himself only projected that image because he considered that it was the correct and expected way to carry out his assigned position, since he can remember he has been alone and empty, Aizen was the first existence to "direct" him somewhere, although it was by force and the Arrancar was not interested, it was an attempt to fill that void.

From a certain point of view, Ulquiorra was similar to Starrk and Lily with the difference that the duo wanted friends, partners to be with, Ulquiorra didn't know what he wanted.

"Friendship, I do not believe in those emotional human emotions, my eye could not see them"

"Under that logic, Hollows and Shinigami wouldn't exist because most people can't see them."

“But there are still entities that prove their existence”

"We are talking about abstract concepts, in the end it does not matter if you do not believe in them"

"What are you trying to say?"

"It doesn't matter how much you don't believe in a Hollow or a lion, if you're close to one it will try to attack you, it doesn't matter if you don't believe in feelings like friendship or love, there may come a point where those emotions reach you"

"I doubt it, since my birth I haven't felt any of those emotions" Although he almost felt something when he saw that white tree similar to him.

"Seeing the environment where you live, it doesn't surprise me, going back to the previous example, there can't be a Hollow in a place without souls"

“You say that the environment is not adequate”

“To feel those specific emotions, not even close, would require a lot of luck”

"Why?" He had a faint idea, but he wanted confirmation.

“For how they are born, Hollows don't have families, and by their very nature, they tend to eat or destroy each other, you need a clear purpose and determination to overcome these obstacles” God knows Kevin celebrated when he met Nelli.

“Purpose… I never had a purpose before I met Master Aizen”

“Nobody can impose a purpose in life, I have always believed that life is to find that meaning”

"So, you don't have a purpose, how do you deal with that banal existence and feeling of emptiness?" He unconsciously brought his hand to the hole in his chest.

(I never thought to have this kind of conversation under these circumstances)

“That is something that each person has an answer for, as for me, I live for the people I care about, because know that I make a difference for them and they for me, you can think of it as a small thing, but having people who want you to be there, even if it's just to listen to a story with them, helps me get up in the morning.” Kevin smiled as he remembered the faces of his friends.

"I don't understand"

“A simple conversation is not going to turn your life around, it takes time, dedication, an incessant search to discover what you want or the right people… Do you want help?” Kevin held out a hand, everyone goes through this at some point and Hollows don't have adolescence to let it out.

9