Chapter 2 – Unexpected Event (2)
29 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"I just got teleported to this world, huh?"
 
Not far from where we came from, we arrived at the castle.
 
"Open the gate!"
 
They started taking us in. when I thought about it, there weren't many people teleported here either. 
 
"Greetings, it's a pleasure to welcome you to my palace."
 
"All of you, Who comes from a distant world, have been teleported here."
 
"You all may be confused now, but we will explain what is happening now."
 
"This world is called Slyrith."
 
"There are four main continents in total and each of them. Was inhabited successively by humans, elves, beastmen, and demons."
 
"You are currently in Rizea country, one of the five human nations."
 
"The reason you are here is because of the appearance of the Valiants. They are powerful monsters, Strong monsters."
 
"We need your strength, Explorers. And this is related to your survival."
 
"Now, say status window."
 
`S- Status window.`
 
`Whoa, what's this?`
 
Well, I already checked the status window by accident. But I don't know if my status is high or low. I better stay low and observe the situation for now.
 
"Look at your status, if any of you have the title of hero, please come forward. We will invite you to become one of the Royal Knights of the Rizea kingdom. We will support you until you are strong enough to kill the Valiants."
 
That sounds like a great offer, but I don't know what the kingdom is planning. Being a Royal Knight must obey all royal orders, right? I don't want to be used by the government.
 
"Once again, do any of you have a title hero? If there is, then move forward."
 
It seemed like the kingdom wanted a hero to appear. Is the situation here really that bad?
 
"This is bad, If there's no hero, then we'll have to wait for the next dimensional rifts."
 
What? Dimension Rifts? So earlier we entered the Dimensional Rifts and teleported to another world? This is unbelievable. However, I met a god before coming to this world. Did they also meet the gods?
 
"Since you all still don't have jobs, We will provide short training to survive low-tier monsters. After the training is over, We will give you enough money to live for a week. You have to get used to living in our kingdom."
 
`Fight with m-monsters?`
 
`Are you telling us to die?`
 
"Die or survive, it's up to you. We'll give you a brief training, then leave you free to do what you want. But still, be bound by royal rules."
 
Everyone looks shocked, do they think the kingdom will take care of you until you die? It's the same as when I was in mercenary, you need to "earn" to live.
 
"The training will start tomorrow, we will allow you to stay in the palace guest room only for today. Starting tomorrow, you must be able to adapt to this kingdom."
 
"Now, our maid will take you to your rooms. Prepare yourself for tomorrow."
 
When the maids took us to our rooms, we passed an enormous library. There are lots of books in there. I wanted to go in there and learn about this world, but we were told to rest for today. Good thing we were given our private room. I guess I should take a rest now. 
 
Wait, should I? I could go there now. When I opened the door to go out, I met a guard guarding outside the room.
 
"What are you doing? You should be in the room until lunchtime. We'll let you know when that time comes. Now, go back to your room."
 
What the hell, are we a prisoner? Why are we locked up in our rooms? I must find a way out.
 
"Sorry, but I need to go to the bathroom. Can you let me out for a bit?"
 
"I'll give you 10 minutes, don't take it too long."
 
"Sure"
 
I'll try sneaking next time. For now, I'm going to the library.
 
[You have acquired a new skill - Negotiation]
[Negotiation Lv.1 has been added to the ability list]
 
What? A skill? 
 
"Hey, why are you standing still? Don't you want to go to the bathroom?"
 
"Of course, I'll be walking towards the bathroom now."
 
Didn't he see something that appeared in front of me? Or are they unable to use or notice the system board? I'll find out more about this later. I'll go to the library first, or else the guards will be more wary of me.
 
With the ability I just got, will this negotiation skill be able to help me in negotiating? There is a level next to it. If this were a game, wouldn't higher levels mean stronger abilities? If so, then how do I level up this skill?
 
"Status"
 
[Status]
[Name - Zin Renhard]
[Title - Blessed by Gods]
[Age - 26]
[Trait - Expert Strategist]
[Job - Unemployed]
 
[Stats]
[Strength - 10]
[Dexterity - 7]
[Intelligent - 9]
[Endurance - 15]
[Mana - 20]
 
[Abilities]
[Sixth Sense]
[Reinforced Physique]
[Negotiation]
 
Can I interact with the system? Can I take a more detailed look at this negotiating ability?
 
Tap
 
[Negotiation Lv.1]
<Passive>
[The other party will find your argument acceptable (Low)]
 
"Good! Now, time to go to the library. This ability will be useful later."
 
I walked through room and room, remembering the location of each room in this castle. It's not like I'm going to get lost. Because by memorizing the place of each room, I will know the location of each room in this castle. I plan to try sneaking out at night if security isn't too tight.
 
[You have acquired a new skill - Cartographer]
[Cartographer Lv.1 has been added to the ability list]
 
"What?"
 
Surprised by the system that suddenly appeared, I barely noticed a guard passing by.
 
"Damn, there's a guard."
 
While trying to hide, I tried to find a way to get past the guards who were staying there. Not much hiding place to sneak. Hiding on the side of the room while waiting for the guards to pass isn't a great idea, but it can be tried.
 
"I should be safe here." 
 
There was the sound of footsteps getting closer and closer. I saw the guard pass the room right beside me. Now is my chance! While hiding my presence, I tried to walk carefully. Making my footsteps silent.
 
[You have acquired a new skill - Stealth]
[Stealth Lv.1 has been added to the ability list]
 
"What? Stealth?"
 
I keep getting surprised by this notification window. I should have been far away by now, and the guard wouldn't have been able to see me by now.
 
"Gosh, I hope there aren't many guards guarding this castle"
 
I managed to sneak away from some guards watching the room. Walking stealthily, I arrived in front of the library door. There wasn't anyone nearby.
 
This is a great opportunity to bring a book from the library. I managed to pick up several books such as world history, the economic system of the country, and some books that I think are important.
 
"I will read these books when I get to my room. Now, it is time to return before the guards get suspicious."
 
When I returned, I didn't realize that someone had been secretly following me all this time.
3