Chapter 9 – Who are you?
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Julian walked back into the shade and looked at Leopold and Jason, who were the only two remaining that still persisted on running. 'Ahh those to, they may hate each other's guts, but they definitely make the other strive for more, well either way I shouldn't have to interfere here for now. But anyway, it's good that she bit the bait, now will be able to inform her of the incident that will happen next week.'

Julian's thoughts continued as he looked at the field with a grim expression, and another 10 minutes had passed.

"OYE BRATS STOP RUNNING NOW WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY SO I WILL JUDGE YOUR ENDURANCE TO BE A LITTLE MORE THAN WHAT YOU HAVE SHOWN TODAY, NOW GIRLS GET READY TO START RUNNING "

"YES MA'AM" Leopold and Jason simultaneously replied as they grasped for air and breathed in with difficulty.

Finally upon being called by Andra all the girls moved to their spots and started to perform their warm ups before Andra started to speak again.

"OKAY YOUNG LADIES, YOU GUYS ALREADY KNOW THE RULES, SO WHEN I SAY GO, YOU START TO RUN."

"NOW READY"

"3"

"2"

"1"

"GO"

On her mark, all the 15 girls stared to slowly jog, because they had seen how the boys that decided to run fast early ended up performing badly.

.

.

.

.

So on, the test lasted about 40 minutes and Helen unfortunately retired about halfway into the test, leading both Andra and Helen with a bad taste because of her physical inability.

The one who ended up lasting the longest was a friend of Helen's named Sandra Murray, rank – 8, who lasted about 43 minutes before retiring.

In contrast to Helen's closed off personality, Sandra was much more open and joyful around others, but was also diligent in her training like her best friend Helen.

"NOW THAT THE ENDURANCE TEST IS COMPLETE, WE WILL BE MOVING TO THE STRENGTH TEST AFTER A HALF HOUR BREAK.DISPERSE"

This time rather than moving around, most of the students chose to lie down on the ground and rest, unlike the last time when they were moving about with their friends.

It quite clearly showed that everyone was tired. And looking at this, Julian had a happy smile on his face, as this wasn't a scene he got to see very often after the death of his family in his past life, since he was far more obsessed with gaining strength than things like happiness or a school life.

'Huh to think you would have such idiotic thoughts in the day, do you even really want to try to take revenge against those lizards, *snort*, if you do, and you think that such a peaceful life will let you do that then you are nothing more than an optimistic fool' once again the voice inside his head was bothering Julian's thoughts with his constant pessimism, but Julian too knew that what the voice had said was certainly the truth. 'I know I cannot go on like this, however I wish to live a more complete life this time, spend time with my family and make friends too' scoffing at Julian's reply the voice once again said 'hmpf, optimistic fool, you have seen the true strength of those dragons, you know their strength better than most, yet you hold such aspirations, you are a much greater fool than I had previously thought'.

'I have been meaning to ask this of you for a while now, but who the fuck even are you, you sound very much like me, but I don't remember ever having a pessimistic personality like you?'

'Me, well I am you, that I assure you, but you will know more about me much, much later. For now, I still think it is better for you to stop with your optimism and think about how you will handle the attack on the busses that will happen next Sunday. If not, then I feel like you will be losing some major chess pieces that you might be able to control.'

Disrupting Julian from his conversation with the other Julian, Leopold showed up before Julian who was laying on the grass, and blocked the sunlight from reaching his face.

"You, who are you?" Leopold asked Julian with a blank look on his face that had a slight hint of curiosity towards Julian.

"What do you mean, who am I? I'm Julian from class 5-C, I have been with here with you for pretty much a week now."

"That is what makes it more odd. The fact that you have been with us for about a week, but today all of a sudden it is almost as if you have changed completely. Even your performance today during the endurance test was weird, I noticed that you weren't even tired when you decided to stop. So after all of this I will once again ask you who are you?" this time Leopold had a slight hint of anger in him.

"Oye mister young duke, unlike you who has all the power one can imagine backing you I come from a common household, do you think I have the liberty to flaunt my strength around like you? So what if I hid my strength from the others, that is of no concern to you. Now if you are done with your question's please leave me alone, I don't wish for unnecessary trouble to come my way" I said as I glanced at Jason who was glaring at Leopold and me with utter disgust.

"See that now, if you stay here any longer, that guy will come here and start causing even more annoyances for me." listening to my response, Leopold just left and didn't bother looking back.

"Oye commoner bastard, what did you talk to with that prick?" this time it was Jason who had interrupted Julian's nap.

"Nothing, he just wanted to ask why miss Andra called me earlier after I was done with the test."

"Is that so, well, why did she call you?"

"Dunno, she didn't tell me." listening to my casual response, Jason started to move away from me and walk towards his group.

'Hoooooo those two really get on my nerves, one uncaring bastard, and the other a noble to the core with insane pride in himself. How did both those assholes stop the dragon invasion even temporarily when they grew up?' Julian thought this as he remembered the scene of Leopold and Jason standing on top of a blue dragon holding a spear and sword respectively with blood all over themselves.

"If only those two had been stronger back then the empire wouldn't have fallen"

0