Chapter 19 – Roommate
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a vibrant room, made with white walls, and green pillars with all types of intricate artwork.

"I greet the great lion of the empire" Alfred said as he bowed and greeted the emperor who sat o a couch before him.

"Good day count Alfred, please take a seat." the middle age man said as he pointed to the couch in front of him.

"Before we start the discussion regarding what to do with the war with the demons, I believe I need to congratulate you on getting yourself a disciple." the emperor said with a smile as he looked at the count.

Nodding Alfred said,"Thank you your majesty, the child seems to be bright from what I see, and as such I will do my best to train him to serve the empire well."

"I will take your word on that. Now that greetings are out of the way how about you actually explain the entire situation to me, also tell me the state of the student's at the academy while you are at it." the emperor asked the count with a grim look.

.

.

.

.

"So you say that one of the students found that his bus driver had a different demeanor than he was used to and pointed it out to a teacher, who took the words of a child seriously, so she did a check on the drivers to discover that they were partially corrupted demonic humans." the emperor said with a darkened expression.

"Huuu this seems to have been more serious than I imagined, to think that the demons would have infiltrated into our system to such a degree truly warrants caution."

Pondering for a moment the emperor nodded his head and finally spoke,"Alfred after the meeting is done today I want you to launch an investigation, and find every single one of the corrupts, and I give you permission to murder on sight, you don't need to wait for a trial, if you have proof that the individual is a corrupt, then you may confront and kill them."

"It will be done by your order, your majesty." While surprised the count agreed to the order as while he knew that this was wrong, he also thought that these individuals had long forgone their humanity, and their existence was also a great threat to their empire.

"Well now tell me how were the cadets that you saw at the academy" the emperor said deciding to end the previous conversion there seeing the grim expression on the count's face as he received the order.

"There were a few good ones. The children of the dukes were quite exceptional which was to be expected from children of transcendents" the count said as he pondered for a second before he spoke once more.

"But there was one more student who picked my interest, he was quite the brilliant one. Julian forester I think was his name, he had gotten quite close to landing a blow on me during the spar, however his talent for battle likely will never reach it's full potential because of his poor talent with mana." Alfred said as he waved his head in disappointment at Julian's great talent, and lack of the same talent in mana.

"However your majesty, why are you asking for this right now? I don't believe that these children have done anything to pick your interest." the count said with curiosity for he knew that the emperor wasn't one who would be interested in how well young kids were performing in school, so this was quite odd behavior.

"Well you see old friend, Jessica intends to transfer to the academy as she feels the royal tutors are boring, so I was wondering what kind of individuals she might see over at the academy, but oh well those are just the concerns of a parent, nothing more." Sigmund coughed as he told of his woes as a parent.

"I see, so the princes intends to join the academy, this will cause Micheal quite a bit of headache especially in these times." Alfred said as he grinned and held tried to hold back his laughter.

The emperor said too looking at the count but soon hardened in his expression as he said,"Well let's end our conversation here, and move to the meeting room, I believe most of the other nobles have likely already arrived."

"Yes your majesty." Alfred replied as he got up and approached the door behind the emperor.

********

Meanwhile, Leopold had just reached his room in the dorm.

"Seriously, did miss Andra really screw me over this badly" Leopold heard the moment he entered the room. Julian was staring at him with annoyed eyes.

"Umm this is room 2 right?" Leopold asked in a confused tone.

"Well yes this is sadly room 47. So I see that you and I will be roommates for the rest of our time here." Julian said unenthusiastically.

"Well I will get my stuff unpacked then."

"I'm okay with that, oh by the way let's lay down some ground rules for each other here shall we."

"Hmm that makes sense I guess."

"I honestly only have 2 rules, a) don't do anything stupid, and b) don't interrupt me when I'm in the middle of doing something."

"Those rules work with me, and let's try to not bother each other as much as possible."

"Great, I believe we have mutual understanding there then."

************

An hour after Julian had his conversation with his father he had arrived at, he had arrived at the dorms that had been prepared for the students to live in.

"Cadet Julian before you go to your room miss Andra has called for you to meet her immediately." Julian was told by the man sitting on the reception as he was given the key to his room.

"Alright then, could you please tell me where she is so that I may go to her then" Julian said, with a face of mixed emotions.

"She has her own staff room in the building, so you should visit her there john here will guide you to her office and then from there directly to your room." the receptionist said as he pointed at the boy who stood behind him.

"Thank you sir." Julian nodded and said.

.

.

.

.

.

"Well here we are, this is miss Andra's staff room." john told Julian once they arrived before a black sliding door with a nameplate that had Andra's name on it.

"Thank you for guiding me here john, I will meet you here again when I am done with my meeting with miss Andra." Julian said as he opened the door and walked in.

*Slide shut*

0