Chapter 22 – Moving forward
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes your majesty we have certainly come to a conclusion, but it is different from the choices you offered to us." duke Cavendish said as he looked at the emperor before glancing at the other nobles.

"We have decided to use a strategy suggested by marquees Samuel,  which incorporates portions of both the choices you had offered to us into a more flexible solution." duke Webb said as he continued from where lord Angus had left off.

With a surprised look the emperor spoke after he nodded his head once, "Is that so, well what is the plan and how do you propose we carry it out?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

As such the meeting continued for the rest of the evening till late at night when the emperor adjourned the meeting asking everyone to stay silent on this matter for the time being until the royal palace announces the situation to the public.

"As it has already gotten quite late,i will be adjourning the meeting for today. I will call all of you once again in a few days to make a concrete decision for the future, with that I would like to thank all of you for coming here on my notice and taking part in this meeting." the emperor said as he announced the end of today's conference.

"BY THE GRACE OF THE GODS WE WILL OVERCOME THIS ORDEAL" the emperor said as he lifted the chalice of wine in his hands.

""BY THE GODS"" all the nobles and minister in the hall shouted as they too lifted their chalices to the toast of the emperor.

*************

'Huuuuuuu while the heavenly sun breathing technique is great in terms of gathering the purest of energies, its speed is its greatest flaw. I need to use something else to offset the speed. I could use some of the other techniques I learned in my time as an explorer after the empire fell, but those aren't really compatible with the heavenly sun breathing technique…'

'Do you remember what you say seconds before your death?' the other Julian said to me, as he sat on the chair at my table.

'What are you walking about?' I asked with annoyance, and genuine curiosity.

'I am talking about the dragon heart.' he said.

'Yeah what about it? It isn't like I can get one.' I said with a confused voice in my head.

'I guess you are trying to ignore, what you already know is the best way to get stronger.' the other Julian said in a condescending tone which greatly annoyed me.

'Look even if I were to reverse my mana right now and try to form a dragon heart it would not work, at least not with my human body' I said as I sighed and waved my head internally.

'That is where you are wrong, you aren't a simple human you have been blessed by the powers of a primordial, do you truly believe you can be compared with a normal human?' the other Julian questioned me, which surprised me quite a bit.

'What do you mean by that? According to what Nihil said he gave me the ability to use void mana later down the road, and an infinite potential. What do those two things have anything to do with me forming a mana heart?'

'Fool do you not understand the underlying meaning behind the latter ability? How do you believe Nihil managed to give you the abilities he gave to you? He reconstructed your entire body to give them to you.' he said causing my jaw to drop that led to the following exclamation, "Holy shit!"

"Could you please keep it down I am trying to focus here" Leopold said as he looked at me with a very annoyed face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you." I apologized knowing it was my fault, yet slightly annoyed at the attitude of this kid.

"Please keep in mind that you are not alone in this room." he said as he looked up from his book and stared at me.

"I will make sure to do that" I said, as I ended the conversation with the guy.

'Right where were we?' I thought to my self, or rather asked the other e inside my head.

'You were about to form your mana heart' he replied as he stared out the window.

'That still seems like a risky choice to me, as once I start to break my core and reverse my mana there will be no turning back.' I said as I folded my arms and thought for a bit.

'Well you will just have to take the risk.' he said as he turned his face to me.

"Huuuuuuu hey Leopold, can you do me a favor?" I said to Leopold as I made up my mid to pull the crazy stunt.

"Sighhh what is it?" he said as he looked at me.

With the most serious face I could make I started to speak, "No matter what happens from this point on do not talk about it with anyone else, also do not call for help even if it looks like I am in deep pain."

Confused by what I just said Leopold asked, "And why would I do that?"

"Just do me a favor, who knows I may be of help to you some time in the future." I said with a smile on my face.

To which he just waved his head and said, "Haah whatever."

"Thanks" I said before I got off my bed, and moved towards the wardrobe.

Taking a towel out from the wardrobe, I sat back down on my bed, and placed it between my teeth so that I wouldn't end up screaming, 'well here goes nothing.'

"MPHHHHHHH" a muffled noise came out of my mouth as I started to pull in all the mana in my body straight to my mana core, and started to rapidly spin the mana inside of it in an anticlockwise direction.

"AMMMMMPHHHHHHHH" another muffled shout came out of me as I spun the mana faster and faster which caused cracks to form inside my core.

'A little more, and I will be half way there' I thought as the cracks started to increase.

*Crack boom*

A sound came from inside Julian which meant that his inner core had completely exploded.

"Cough" blood came out of Julian's mouth that made the entire towel turn blood red.

"What the fuck is this guy doing that so much steam is coming out of his body, also what is with the blood?" Leopold said as he looked at the white towel that had turned completely red.

'Now it's time to break the mana vessels' I thought as I started to move the mana inside me across every single mana vessel in my body and forcibly exploding them so that when I start forming my mana heart the mana veins that form can handle the pressure of a reversed mana flow.

*Boom boom boom* small noises started to come out of Julian's body, as his skin turned red and hair started to turn white.

"Dude what the fuck, should I call miss andra right now? This doesn't look safe to me." Leopold said as he was genuinely concerned, seeing the slight amounts of smoke that were coming out of Julian's nose.

"D-o n -t" Julian squirmed barley when he heard Leopold's words.

"Aiiishhh I don't know anymore." Leopold said as he went back to his desk and opened his book.

'Great now all the vessels are gone time to start the formation of the dragon heart'

Slowly I gathered all the mana that had just been dispersed across my body into the place where my core was before, right below my heart and started to rotate the mana anticlockwise.

Slowly the speed of the rotation increased and like how object are pulled into a cyclone, all the mana inside me was pulled right where the core was going to form.

*Boom* a somewhat loud sound came out of Julian's body once again scaring Leopold about what his crazy roommate was doing inside his body to make such crazy noises.

'Finally the mana heart has formed', the moment the mana heart had formed inside Julian's body, it started to pull in mana from the environment at a terrifying pace to make up for the lack of mana in Julian's body to make the mana veins.

'Time to start making the mana veins' I thought as I started to move the mana towards the areas where the mana vessels used to be and started to create pipes using the remains of the mana vessels and, the mana that had flown in inside me during the formation of the mana heart, and allowed for the mana to slowly crystallize making my new mana veins.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Huuuuuuuuuuh" hours had passed by and my mana heart and mana vein circuit was complete, leaving me completely exhausted as I opened my eyes.

The first thing that I saw was Leopold just staring at me as he sat on a chair in front of my bed.

"Care to explain what you did?" he said with a very serious expression.

To which I replied as my stomach grumbled, "I will but first can you get me some food for now I am starving, also get me a few pain meds as well."

0