Chapter 137 – Spar with Arthur Pendragon [2]
2.5k 2 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group moved underground, which surprisingly had a training ground built in.

Jin shouldn’t have been surprised, considering Vali loved fighting more than anything. It should be normal. There would be a training ground where they could train to get stronger and fight each other.

A barrier was also set up around the training ground. Le Fay proudly explained that every damage inside the barrier would be fixed the next day. It seemed like she was the one who put up the barrier with the help of her friend, or so she said.

Jin and Arthur stood at the respective sides of the arena; both held a wooden sword.

Vali and the other four, including Kuroka and Ophis, were watching from the side. Le Fay put up the barrier to protect them from any undesirable stray attack.

"Your posture is good, Jin," Arthur commented as he raised his sword, pointing the tip at Jin. His stance was like a knight from a story. The blonde boy was really the descendant of King Arthur.

"So are you," Jin replied back with a calm smile. This was a swordsmanship spar. He wouldn't use Touki to enhance his physical ability yet. He would try his best to win with a pure swordsmanship

"Then let's start." Arthur nodded. "If you please."

"Yes nya!" Kuroka exclaimed from the side. "On go. One, two, three..."

Both fighters tightened their grip and grinned.

"Go!"

Both didn't waste time; Arthur quickly charged forward, swinging his sword toward Jin's neck.

Jin parried the blow with his sword, deflecting Arthur's blow.

"Ooh?" The blonde man was pleasantly surprised, but his movement didn't stop at that. He swiftly continued his attack, trying to pierce through the defense.

"Nn." Jin lowered his sword, defending himself against the incoming attack. He did it again and again until he had a chance to counter-attack.

"Hah! I can't break through your defense." Arthur noticed that, but it wasn't because he couldn't overpower him. It was just that Jin was also skilled. "What do you think about this?"

Arthur swung his sword upwards, creating a large opening between them. Once again, Jin managed to deflect it. Both of them jumped back and created some distance between themselves.

"I don't know." Jin's reply was honest. It was the first time he tried the skill that he got from Xenovia, and it was so damn satisfying. He knew how to move next and how to counter Arthur's attack. "I don't feel I will lose this spar at this rate." He grinned.

Arthur's eyes widened. "Oh, really?" He asked with a shocked tone, clearly impressed. "You're really skilled. More than what I expected."

"Really? That's great." Jin didn't really understand what Arthur meant. He felt that he was doing well. "Let's continue then."

"Of course. Then...one, two, three."

They started attacking each other once more.

Jin's movements became faster and more precise. He never failed to parry Arthur's attacks. In fact, the boy could only barely land a hit on him.

It was quite a sight to see. Even Kuroka was surprised by Jin's swordsmanship skill. Blow after blow was sent and deflected. The spectators were getting excited.

"Jin is so strong nya! You can do it, Jin!" Kuroka cheered for her lover energetically.

"No way! Jin-sama's is able to match my brother?!" Le Fay Pendragon exclaimed in surprise. She didn't believe what she saw.

"Kahahaha. You were not lying when you said he's strong, Vali. But is that all he can do?" Bikou laughed and turned to Vali, who stood with his back against the wall beside him.

"No. I was also quite surprised that he had hidden his swordsmanship skill, in fact. He had never used a sword against me." Vali shook his head. His upper lips curled into an excited smile. "I would ask him for a spar again one day."

The black-haired girl looked at the spar with a blank gaze. Her eyes, which could even swallow the abyss, looked at Jin and Arthur's movement with interest. Then she muttered, "I want him."

The others were surprised, but they stayed silent and looked at the spar again. Kuroka kept cheering at Jin.

"Beat him, Jin!"

Meanwhile, Jin was happy. He was excited to see how skillful his swordsmanship skill was. But it was enough to fight King Arthur's descendant on the same ground.

The man called Arthur was strong and skillful. His swordsmanship was even better than Xenovia's. But there was one thing Jin excelled at compared to Arthur. Jin's physical abilities were stronger, and his sense was sharper thanks to Senjutsu.

He sent a thrust toward Arthur's neck, but it was only a feint. The sword sliced through the air and stopped in front of the man's stomach.

"Hah!" Arthur took a step back and sighed. "I thought I had broken through your defense, but it was just a feint."

"That's right. It's not enough to break through my defense." Jin smirked.

Arthur chuckled. "It seems like you're good. I'm impressed."

"Well, it's still nothing compared to your skill. Show me your real swordsmanship, Arthur. Don't hold back against me."

"Alright. If you please." Arthur nodded and focused on his next attack. He quickly ran at Jin and swung his sword with a speed that was too fast to follow.

Jin moved away from the attack, keeping a safe distance. He readied his sword, waiting for Arthur to finish his attack.

Arthur's eyes were sparkling with excitement. He swung his sword downwards, but Jin easily parried it with his sword.

"Hmm!"

Jin had been expecting it. He twisted his body and changed the angle of his sword, which allowed Arthur's attack to slip past his guard.

Arthur's sword swung again, but Jin quickly moved his sword, deflecting it. He quickly pulled his sword back, making sure to keep a distance between them.

"Woah, really? You're really strong, Jin. But don't you think you've enough playing around? I heard you can use Touki from Kuroka."

"That girl..." He glanced at Kuroka with a dry smile. He didn't know how to feel about Kuroka telling her friends about his skill. But there was nothing he could do. He would punish the naughty cat later. For now, he should take this spar seriously. "It can't be helped." He muttered.

A white aura started to cover his body as he activated Touki. Strength gushed out as his physical abilities were enhanced tremendously.

"Prepare yourself. I won't hold back this time." Jin warned

"I won't hold back, either." Arthur took a step back as he grinned.

Jin remained calm and focused, taking advantage of the gap between them. He could feel that his swordsmanship had become even sharper due to the enhancement from Touki.

He attacked with a slash at Arthur's shoulder. The man immediately blocked the attack with his sword and deflected it, leaving room for an opening.

"Shit!" Jin cursed and tried to fix his balance. He quickly stepped back, avoiding Arthur's next attack.

Arthur smiled and moved his sword, starting his next attack. He was almost within striking distance from Jin.

Jin readied his sword and waited for Arthur's attack.

"Jin! Look out nya!" Kuroka shouted, but it was too late.

Arthur's sword swung at Jin's chest, slicing through the air. The sword was aimed directly for Jin's heart, but it was stopped before it actually hit.

"It seems I have won," Arthur said as he retracted his wooden sword and extended his hand. "That was a good spar, Jin. I am quite surprised by how skilled you are."

"Hahaha." Jin let out a dry laugh as he took Arthur's hand. The blonde man was truly skillful. Even with Touki, he was unable to win against him in pure swordsmanship without any Magic. While it was his first time trying his new swordsmanship skill, he still didn't believe he had lost. "I have learned a lot."

"It's good to know that you can still improve. But I'll be honest. You're still not as skilled as me. Not yet."

"Yeah. But I'm improving. I will definitely catch up to your level one day." Jin grinned as he shook Arthur's hand.

Arthur was smiling. "I'm looking forward to that day."

The blonde man let go of Jin's hand and walked back to his group.

Support me in patreon: www.patreon.com/marudeossan
I have advanced chapters and polls to decide the scene there!

Did I mention there is also NSFW ASMR in my patreon starting February? Surely I did mention it.

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/4E4qgYrCrZ

68