The Disco of Elysium
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"How does it feel like? To truly live? I don't think life has dulled yet. But maybe it hasn't yet..." - Me

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe." - Lao Tzu

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." - Eleanor Roosevelt

The whirling gowns and suited men had piqued your curiosity but you really didn't care.

You sat down near the table off to the side exhausted from The Ministry of Challenges. You didn't know how to feel about The Guide and his recent meddling with your life but his very existence had raise more than an few questions. You didn't do much to interact with the guests. You didn't really felt like it as some of them weren't even human.

After being served an delicious looking meal you took an bite out it. It was needless to say, immaculate. There was the mixture of scent and taste that made an otherworldly experience only matched by your recent experiences. The way it mixed within your throat and tongue creating something special within you. It wasn't an powerful boost but more like an abstract emotion or the sight of an Beholder. The power faded away just as quickly as it came but in exchange it gave you something. This something quickly engulfed your body. As if your body, soul, and mind was just an simple glass of water before Ambrosia got spilled all over. You took an simple drink as soon as it went. But to your surprise the taste came back with even more power with an side of something special. In your eyes you saw something special. The kaleidoscope of colors hanging at the ceiling became special in some regard. Your ears could echo an mixture of chimes of beats which you saw manifest. The crystalized foods and candied meats were special in some regard. You felt idiotic for not realizing that is was of course good regarding it's luxurious texture.  You could hear their gasps and delighted noises though it was more of taste of exquisite delicacies rather than... whatever that experience was.

These weren't regular humans if even at all you realized. Right after you realized this The Guide suddenly appeared with two gorgeous women with brilliant and well decorated accessories. They gave off an vibe and feeling of something no human would've experienced in an regular life. You would say otherworldly but after today it... really didn't matter. You asked him several questions though in response he gave you an hush. He pointed right at the middle of the room where an huge stage resided. Smoke and lights filled the and what happened next was indescribable, beyond words. You see two gigantic orbs "trade places" with each other, if you could even begin to try describing it. It would be like witnessing some sort of "fission" where an new galaxy born. It was remarkable, beyond your imagination's wildest ideas and attempts. It would be like an blind man trying to explain colors and visions after seeing it the first time. Your face was covered by nothing but wonder and amazement.

It looked like everybody agreed as the room was filled with surging applause as the spectacle continued for half an hour. The entire time you clapped with them seeing even more impossible things happened. There was an flow of wonder to it, an cosmic force behind it. The guide right next to you whispers in your ear that you're the only mortal to have ever seen an galaxy be birthed, and that you're on an special plane of existence that only comes into being every millennia. In an response you could only nod in an daze invoking an laugh. He leaves you to ponder the majestic sight.

As the lights turned back on and the guests make their way to the exits, one of them suddenly realized who you were and calls you out by name. Before you could even realize what was going on, these beings surrounded you asking questions and autographs like you were some sort of celebrity. Perhaps they recognized your masterpiece back at the garden, or maybe your works before all of this even happened. But perhaps something else, like an destiny awaiting...

As the crowd presses onto you, the liveried staff seemingly tired speaks some sort of arcane incantation in unison. The ritual manifested and an disco-like barrier forms between you and the crowd. They quickly usher you to leave as they escort you to that very same white luxurious car when you first appeared. Entering it in you felt some weird foreign feeling leaving you with some sort of odd emotion you can't comprehend. You react of course or maybe you didn't care or noticed.

You pondered, maybe one day you'll come back, they seem like interesting beings.

 

0