Chapter 1 – Treasure map and a letter.
46 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

9:00 a.m., 4th September, Sunday, Strom city, 2010

I am reading a newspaper while drinking tea. Many days later, I can see the sun. These few because of this cloudy sky and rain, you can't see the sun. Well, it isn't like that I didn't like rain, but everything has a limit. 

"Steven, how long do you need to make breakfast?" I suddenly asked my attendant, Steven. 

"5 minutes, master," he replied. 

Well, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Devin Tiger, well I know ‌it is quite weird to have the animal's last name. As you can guess, I am not from here. I came from another that was the same as this world, but more advanced. But, I don't get any golden finger like any other person gets when they reincarnate into a different world. 

In 2020, on my previous earth, a dangerous virus spread out all over the world. The name of the virus was COVID-19. The most dangerous virus. It kills many people, well I am also one of them. 

In my previous life I was a college student when I was suddenly affected by the covid. I was an adventure lover. Even when I was in college, I traveled almost the world. Forest, desert, and mountains, I also went to these places for adventure. I also went on many adventures searching for treasure. 

Well, sigh, now I am here. I am 18 years old, and still in school, but this is my last year. Our final exam is already done, now I am just waiting for the ‌result. If you are thinking about my family, well then besides Steven, I don't have any family members. His name is Steven Yass, he is now 50 year old, but you still see that he muscular body. Twenty years ago Uncle Striven had an epidemic that forced him to quit his job. It was a terrible epidemic in which he lost all his wealth for the treatment, and was in dire straits. I heard that my father helped him a lot and Uncle Stephen started working in our house.

My Mom and dad got into a car accident when they were traveling to a different country. I don't have any relatives except them or even I have, but they didn't contact me. So, only me and Uncle Steven live here.

My Mom and dad were archaeologists, they were quite rich, so I didn't have that much problem with money matters. I am planning to go on a trip after a few days.

Well, come back to the present matter. Steven is already having breakfast. I was about to start eating when I suddenly heard a knocking on the door. 

Steven approaches the door while I start eating. A minute later, Steven came back with another person. That person is my best friend, Jack Orison. Our house is quite close to, because of this we become best friends. His father and mother are also good people. They also treat me like their second son. 

But, currently, my best friend is now panting heavily while sweating. 

"Bro, why are you panting? Relax," seeing his condition, I told him. 

" I… I… huff… huff," he wanted to talk about something, but because he was panting and taking ‌deep breaths, he could not talk. 

"First sit down. You need to calm down," I told him and turned my head toward Steven. 

"Steven, bring a glass of water for him." 

Steven, hearing my word, nodded and went to the kitchen. A few minutes later, he came and gave the water glass to Jack. Jack, in one breath, drinks all the water. 

A few minutes later,

"Sigh," I release a sigh. Finally, Jack calmed down. But this is really making me curious. Why was he panting that much? Did something happen?  

"Well, bro, what happened? Why are you panting like this?" I asked him. 

" Dude, today when I was cleaning our basement I found this." With that said, he brings out 2 papers and puts them down on the table. I looked at these two papers. One is a letter and the other one is a map or something like that. It really made me more curious. With no talking, I gaze at Jack with a questionable look. 

I think he also understood my words and smiled excitedly. He began to talk.

"Well, today mom told me to clear the basement. As you know, in the basement, we have all the old things that grandpa collected during his life as a soldier. You can see many interesting things there. Well, when I was cleaning the basement, I suddenly found a key. It was an old key.” 

“At first I didn't know where I could use this key. So, I stop thinking and put them in my pocket and start cleaning once again. While cleaning, I came beside the old metal. The big metal box that you and I try to open many times, but we never succeed. Well, I suddenly remembered about the key. I don't know why, but I had a feeling today I could finally open the box."

" So, wasting no time, I tried to open the box with that key. You don't even know, that time I was very excited that I felt like my heart beat getting faster and faster. Finally, the mysterious box opened. I finally succeeded." 

" Inside of this box, I found many papers, photos and a strange small box. But, fortunately this box wasn't locked so I could open the box easily. Inside of this box I found this letter and this map. After reading the latter I became so excited that I quickly came to you. If you read the letter, you can understand why I am so excited," Jack explained.

At the moment, when he told me he was able to open the, I also became excited. This was a box that we tried to open many times but did not succeed. Now, he is telling me ‌ he read the latter and because of this; he was excited. Now, I can’t control myself. 

Wasting no time, I began to read the latter. The more I read the latter, the more I get excited. I don't even imagine that I will be very excited after this long time. I can feel the smell of an interesting adventure. 

In this letter, Jack's grandfather told about his journey to find a treasure. In 1978, when he was a soldier, he got a map from an enemy camp. At first he thought it was fake, but after searching in the history book, he found this map was real. 

To be continued… … … … … … … … … … 

1