Chapter 19: Why is everyone in the CIA named Lynch?
68 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The duck starred at him once he explained that his body tier said F. "You're a new System User but I didn't expect anywhere near that new. Ok uhm we can do the basic type F prosthetic for two percent for the arm and the leg. No internals? Too bad I'm sure we will need them later." The duck walked down the hallway to the third doorway before it turned around and beckoned him forward. "Go lay down on the scanner so we can get all the connections right. And buy a neuro prosthetic Control from your store."

 

Ice laid down on the large white table. "Raven, can you buy that…. Thing? The duck said we need."

 

"Certainly, I'll take care of it."

 

Ice waited for something to happen for quite some time before he fell asleep.

 

___________________________________

 

Alanna woke up with a splitting headache and looked around. The last thing she remembered was getting in her camero. "Hello? Is anybody there?" The darkness around her was silent.

 

"System Online Activation Code Alice. Dimensional Shift successful."

 

The words came from inside her head. She would swear to it.

 

After a few minutes of fumbling around on a nearby wall she found a doorway and a switch. Toggling the switch caused a bright and intense light to fill the small room that contained a bed and not much else. Alanna shielded her eyes, blinking repeatedly. She tried to find a way to open the door but there was no handle or panel anywhere. Pounding on it did nothing besides hurt her hand. And the way it sounded… no hollow sound it sounded like she was hitting a bank vault door.

 

The room itself was small about 10ft by 10 ft if she guessed and the ceiling was only slightly above her head. Everything was the same grey metal besides the mattress which had neat blue sheets on it. The bed frame was built into the floor. And the walls were bare. Even the light was covered in a metal framework.

 

Alanna sat down on the bed. "Fuck." She examined herself noticing she was wearing blue a blue coverall and not a stitch else. Well it's a good thing she wasn't shy.

 

"Greetings, my name is Alice, commencing memory scan." Again with the voices in her head.

"Memory Scan complete. Wow, a stunt woman we are gonna have so much fun! Let's see. Opening a nano tech library. Releasing a nano spore cloud."

 

Alanna saw the air around her sparkle in the light for a second before it all seemed to get sucked down to her body.

 

"Nano layer armor commenced. Any colors you like?"

 

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?" Alanna shouted into the walls of the room as she scrambled off the bed and pressed her back against one wall. "Who the fuck are you? Why are you doing this to me? Where did you take me?"

 

"Oh dear, you must have slept through the system explanation. It happens sometimes. My name is Alice. I am your bonded Neural AI System Interface! I am so happy to finally meet you! You have been dimensionally shifted to help in the combat against the Theriopes, an interdimensional species bred for war and conquest! We are gonna kick their ass!"

 

Alanna just put her head in her hands as she sank down the wall to the floor. "So… am I dead? Is this hell?"

 

"Far from it! You are now one of the twenty-six most powerful people who will ever exist! We just have to figure out what it is that you do…. First." At this Alice went quiet for a moment. "So it seems you have two main paths open for your abilities …. Nano weaponry and nano enhancement…. And all the weapons are from pre 80s action movies…" Alice trailed off slowly.

 

"So like the sword from Conan?" As soon as Alanna said it the sword from Conan the Barbarian formed on the bed in front of her.

 

"Yea looks like your upgrade path will be on effects and how many nano spores you can release at one time. Right now that sword is about the limit of what's available. So… when are we gonna leave the room?"

 

"There's no door handle… idiot."

 

Suddenly the door opened as Alice giggled in her head. It tickled. Alanna stood up and walked to the doorway looking into the hallway made of the same grey metal. She jumped and hit her head on the doorframe as a man spoke from right next to the door.

 

"HI there. I drew the short straw so I have to show you around. Names Lynch. My AI is also named Lynch. We specialize in stealth and information gathering. With a bit of wet work on the side." He opened his eyes and looked over and then down to where she was on the floor rubbing her head. "Uhm, are you alright?"

 

"Fine. Just the doors are kinda short yea?" Alanna took the man's hand when he offered it and stood up. His grip felt weird. Like it was there but not at the same time. Releasing his hand quickly she nodded her thanks even as she unconsciously wiped her hand on her coverall.

 

"Names Alanna. I think my AI said it's name was Alice… we do something with nanos…" The more she said the quieter she got. "I'm not really sure what's going on… to be honest."

 

Lynch burst out laughing. "At least you admit it some of the others wouldn't admit it until I pulled my phasing trick during combat training. Keep that attitude and you'll be fine. Follow me. I'll show you where to get some miramites and explain what I can."

 

"Alright."

0