51: Is It Possible To Rent Out A Stadium? For These Self-Intros?
2.6k 10 151
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silence. An awkward silence. 

With a parody song about the ever popular bricklaying game that Lin Songmei still had no idea about playing in the background, the trio walked in an awkward silence that no one knew how to break. 

Flapping his hand while inhaling another lychee jelly with the other, Han Youhong waved his hand in dismissal towards Yan Mingqing and Lin Songmei. “C’mon, just like... talk as if I’m not here. I’m air, I’m air. I’m just here to eat my jelly. Don’t mind me.” 

Squish. 

Songmei didn’t have the heart to say it but... it was a little hard to pretend that Han Youhong was air. For one, he was the direct disciple of Extinguishing Shadow, as somewhat of a “rival” Songmei had to pay at least a little attention to not embarrass herself. For another, and in Songmei’s opinion, more importantly, Han Youhong provided a constant stream of jelly murdering sounds... 

Squish. 

There it was... another jelly’s life gone. 

Walking in another lull of silence for a little while longer, Songmei broke the stillness, turning towards Han Youhong. “Are you uh... doing the emergency mission sent out by your sect? Wait, did your sect release a mission...?” 

“Yeah, my sect released a mission too,” Han Youhong answered while pulling out another jelly out of his spatial ring’s seemingly inexhaustible supply. “I was in the area doing a different mission. So once I completed that this morning, I kinda started walking towards the area. That’s how I bumped into you two.” 

“I... see.” Songmei murmured with a nod, falling silent, unsure on what to say next. 

Awkward! Songmei felt like slamming her face into a tree!

Using Mingqing as a physical shield after that awkward exchange, Songmei along with the other two walked in silence for a little while longer. 

Songmei hoped, her heart almost bursting from the amount she was doing, that Mingqing would think of something to talk about and start to carry the conversation... 

As if the heaven’s had smiled upon her, Mingqing broke the silence, facing towards Han Youhong with a relaxed smile. “I know this is like... very awkward. Like beyond awkward. But it seems like at least for a little bit we’ll be carrying out this mission together. We can decide if we want to stick together for the longer-term of the mission later, but for now, let’s introduce ourselves. It’ll break up the silence and, honestly, it’s safer if we all have a general idea of what everyone is capable of.” 

Amazing!

Mingqing was amazing!!

Songmei wanted to pull out pom-poms and start cheering! 

Too bad she didn’t have any pom-poms... perhaps that was an idea for a future purchase. 

Starting the introductions off upon seeing that Han Youhong was busy pulling jelly out of his spatial ring and Songmei was using her as protection, Mingqing spun around, walking backwards in front of the other two. 

“I’m Yan Mingqing! Direct disciple of Starlight Lake. I cultivate a sword art that focuses on ice and constellations. I won’t talk about my background since both of you already know and there’s no need for me to flex my ego anymore.” 

Doing a flourishing bow while returning to her place between Songmei and Han Youhong, Mingqing shrugged, motioning that either Songmei or Han Youhong should go next. 

Songmei, though, was so proud! She was almost tearing up! 

Mingqing... she had managed to really put down her guard! 

The ice queen! She had truly melted, this was cause for immense celebration!!

Well... probably only for them two for now. Having bumped into Cai Yufei and Lu Qiang a while back, Songmei noticed how the ice queen mask had begun to refreeze around them. Mingqing had been less talkative and more... cool. 

Pun intended of course... hehe. 

Coughing, Songmei pulled herself out of her thoughts, moving forward to introduce herself seeing that Han Youhong had dropped some of his jellies and was in a better position to just listen and pick up jellies rather than talk. 

Giving a very light bow that had much less flourish to it, Songmei began her introduction. “I’m Lin Songmei, also a direct disciple of Starlight Lake. Mingqing and I share a master so that’s how we got close... uhh... outside of all the money and stuff given to me by the sect I’m poor as the dirt we’re walking on though, and have no notable background. I just grew up in one of the Government Funded Public Home For Those Without Homes. Also, I cultivate a bow and movement focused art that uses butterflies and crystals. However, later on I should learn more support techniques.” 

Out of words and breath after giving that short introduction, Songmei stood there unsure what to do for another two seconds before returning to her spot with a quiet, “Yeah and that’s it...” 

Getting a pat on the back from Mingqing for a job well done, Songmei, who was shaking her head out of embarrassment, nodded and whispered a small, grateful, “Thank you” while waiting for Han Youhong. 

“Okay... that’s all twenty-seven of them that fell to the ground...” Han Youhong muttered, nodding while standing up again. “Your two introductions were very nice by the way. Thank you.” 

Squish. 

Spinning on his heel, Han Youhong followed suit, giving a bow with enough flourish to fill an entire stadium. 

“I’m Han Youhong, direct disciple of the Extinguishing Shadow Sect. I have no other senior sisters or brothers under my master though. Hmm... I cultivate an assassination style cultivation art. That’s why I have two chain blades strapped to my back. My art really focuses on the moon and the stars. Though, unlike Yan Mingqing here who focuses on constellations, I focus on the concept of a falling star.” 

Furrowing her eyebrows and tilting her head in confusion, Songmei raised her hand a touch before remembering that she wasn’t in school anymore, and asked, “Concept of a falling star?” 

“Yeah, it sounds fancy, but it's not that cool,” Han Youhong flapped his hand, shrugging while eating another lychee jelly. “Just like... imagine a shooting star, but like... falling on your head. So the mantra we use is like, ‘Strike! Heavy like a falling star! Gone like a flash in the sky!’” 

Getting a whistle from Mingqing and an impressed “woah” from Songmei, Han Youhong, who had gotten animated for a second shouting that mantra, continued his introduction. “I’m from a family of esteemed cultivators, not as esteemed as the ~young mistress~ over here, but still fancy enough, I guess.” 

Seeing that Han Youhong didn’t specify, Songmei didn’t ask who his parents were, instead trying to think of a different question... 

“So uhh... Why are you addicted to lychee jelly...?” 

Not much to sayyy
my essays went welll... i think?
i'm doing so much writing today though... wrote an essay in history, essay in english, chapter, and then also now writing a rough draft of my lab report for biology... pien..
T~T
my writing muscle needs some physical therapy...

Thanks for reading though~!!
Take care reader friends~!! <3

151