Chapter 14: Genkei vs Girls
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!”

Ren and Yoko yelled this at the same time that Genkei went off. Genkei was running like an Olympic runner as he didn’t look back but focused on the finishing line which was past the clothing store. Both Ren and Yoko pretended to be commentators on a sports show.

“Off he goes! What do you think about this, commentator Ren?” Yoko was dazed by this.

“As you can see right now, Genkei had just had a perfect start to this race but for him to succeed he needs to run past the clothing store that’s doing the half-price discount for him to survive.” Ren talks like a professional commentator.

“Oh look at that! There’s another girl who’s catching up to Genkei’s pace!” Yoko was too into her role.

“It’s not only her but all the girls that are behind Genkei are all gaining speed on him! Will this be over for him? All he has to do is go past the clothing store!” Ren commentates.

“Wow, Genkei sure is slow! Nevertheless, the boy still got spirit!” coming from Yoko as she mocks him.

“Hold on! I can see some obstacles that are blocking the young runners' path!” Ren said with worry.

“Your right Ren! What’s coming first ahead, is a man with extremely tall legs! I call it Daddy long legs and what will runner Genkei do to overcome this!” Yoko who’s too indulged in this.

Genkei used the momentum of his speed and slid through the tall man’s legs.

“OH WOW! Did you just witness that Yoko!? What skill and finesse from our boy Genkei!” Rem overly excited yells.

“He never fails to amaze me but let’s see how the girls from behind will deal with daddy’s long legs.” Yoko commentates.

“There’s a man in our path? What should we do?” a random girl from the stampede said.

“He’s a man! They can deal with a bit of pain, just push him out the way.” Another random girl shouts.

“YES MAAM!” the voices of all the mob girls saying it altogether.

“Isn’t that a bit…unfair for men?” Ren was unsure about this.

The stampede of thirsty girls simply trampled over the man like he was just some kind of insect as he was left lying down there.

“OHH MY WORD!! DID YOU JUST SEE THAT REN!? Those girls treated that civilian like he was nothing! This is crazy! This just proves that these girls will do anything to reach that store!” Yoko was fascinated by this.

“Ermm… Yoko… I think they have only done that to him because he was a man.” Ren still felt unsure about this.

“Back to Genkei who somehow is keeping the lead in this race and the next obstacle incoming which is a child with her mother!” Yoko notifies the situation

“And this time the child is a female which means the mob of girls can’t just simply trample over her! Thank God for that.” Ren sighed in relief.

“How will Genkei deal with his obstacle?” Yoko commentates.

As Genkei runs toward the child and he used every force in his body and jumped over it.

“WOWW!! LOOK AT THAT! THAT JUMP WAS INCREDIBLE! Genkei could even feature in the next Super Nario game! Someone, please call Mintendo!” Yoko crazily screams out in thrill.

“This just goes to show how desperate and how willing Genkei is to survive this race! Let’s see how the girls will respond to the obstacle!” Ren turns the camera to the stampede of girls while she commentates.

“Hey girls! This time it’s a mother and a child. Should we trample over them too?” which was said by a random girl in the stampede.

“But we can’t they’re both females.”  Said by another girl from the stampede

“So wait, if the child happens to be a boy would they still trample on him?” Ren became deeply concerned.

“I’ve got an idea.” One of the girls from the stampede said.

“ HEY, YOU TWO! DID YOU NOT HEAR THE NEWS!?” shouted by one of the girls in the stampede.

“News? What news?” The mother said while confused.

“Mama are they talking to us?” The innocent child said.

“THAT CLOTHING STORE OVER THERE IS DOING A HALF PRICE FOR ALL UNIVERSITY STUDENTS FOR JUST TODAY! “

“Oh my! But as you can see I’m well past the age of a university student and I got my daughter with me.” The mother kindly replied.

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU’RE STILL IN COLLEGE WHICH I THINK THE EMPLOYEES WILL THINK THE SAME TOO! AND IT’S NOT LIKE THEY WILL ASK FOR YOUR ID AND TO MAKE THINGS EVEN EASIER JUST SAY YOUR DAUGHTER IS YOUR LITTLE SISTER! THAT STORE ALSO SELLS GOOD QUALITY SWEETS WHICH YOUR DAUGHTER WILL LIKE TOO!” as the random girl from the stampede attempts to persuade.

“Sweets?” the daughter got mesmerized by hearing this.

“Your right I can lie to say I’m in university.” The mother just figuring things out.

Suddenly, both the mother and the child transformed as they bulk up in lean muscle and began to join the stampede as they sprint towards the store like gold medalist athletes.

A very deep voice was heard which came from the daughter.

“I WANT SWEETS MAMA!” the daughter’s voice got even deeper.

That can’t be her daughter sounding like that. I’m telling you, that’s a man disguised in that child’s body.

“Yes, baby! You can have your sweets once we get there because there’s no way in hell, I’m wasting this opportunity on half-price clothes!” the mother who also sounds like a mad man.

“TWO NEW CONTESTANTS HAVE JOINED THE RACE! LOOK AT THE MOTHER AND DAUGHTER GO! WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT? WHAT’S YOUR OPINION ON THIS REN?” Yoko became thrilled by the increase in competition.

“What did we just watch?” Ren was weirded out.

“The finishing line is near! Genkei is almost close to the clothing store and all ever has to do is run past it and he’s safe! He can really do this!”

“But look at Genkei! Although he has the willpower! His body is beginning to fall apart!” Ren picked up on it.

What Ren said is exactly that. Genkei is running out of stamina as he is slowly about to be swallowed by the stampede of girls. His running posture is now sluggish as his tongue is stuck out like a dog who is desperate for air and water. The sweat from his body is forming a streamlined river on the floor which is making it hard for him to run but despite all this Genkei is still pushing through.

“YOU’RE ALMOST THERE GENKEI!!!!! DON’T GIVE UP!!!!” Yoko screams as she cheers for him.

“DON’T LET ALL YOUR HARD WORK BE IN VAIN GENKEI!! PUSH THROUGH!!!” Ren also cheers for him.

Genkei is starting to feel even worse as he begins to hallucinate due to exhaustion.

“I can hear Ren and Yoko. But how? Why are they calling my name? Why am I even running? Actually, the real question is… what am I doing outside? I rarely come outside. I hate being outside so why did I come out today? I can’t remember what I’m meant to do.” Genkei tiredly said in his thoughts

The sounds of Yoko and Ren’s cheering continue in the background but Genkei can’t hear them clearly as he’s deep within his thoughts.

“Oh, I kinda remember a bit now. I’m running away from girls, right? I’m running away from girls… again. I’m always running away from girls. Why do I always run away from them? Why is it I’m so scared of them? I’m meant to be a man. What kind of man runs away from girls just because he can’t chat with them? This is so cringed. This is so sad. Forget this running too. I just want all of this to be over. This is too exhausting.” As Genkei is feeling defeated within his mind.

Genkei began to slow down even more as he was on the verge of being swallowed by the stampede.

“This is not looking good… this bad! Genkei is going to hurt himself, especially at the speed the girls at coming at.” Ren panics.

“GENKEI KEEP RUNNING! KEEP RUNNING DON’T STOP!” Yoko still has faith in him.

Genkei is about to brutally be trampled over by the stampede of girls. Ren is horrified by this and closes her eyes, but the camera is still recording.

“I can’t watch this!” Ren said with fear.

LUCKYYYY!!!!!!” Yoko screams her heart out which rang the whole shopping center.

As Genkei was going to fall into the collision of the stampede a sudden voice appeared which was Lucky who was standing near the clothing store.

“Yo Genkei, there’s nothing wrong with feeling to give up, you know,” Lucky grins.

This caught Genkei’s attention during his thoughts.

Right beside Lucky is Dai who has his arms crossed while leaning on the shop’s window. He looks kind of badass if I must admit.

“He’s right, Genkei. If you want to give up, just give up. But just know I will forever laugh at you!” Dai said with seriousness.

“You will laugh at me if I give up? What kind of friend are you? Genkei is fighting for air as he’s completely knackered.

“A friend that will laugh at you and still be your friend!” Lucky chuckles as his teeth blatantly show.

Genkei’s exhausted eyes opened.

“That doesn’t make any sense!” Genkei argued.

“Who cares if it does or doesn’t! Just know if you give up or lose to a bunch of women, you’re never going to hear the end of it in the group chat.” Lucky shouts back while grinning like a Cheshire cat.

“How the hell can that misogynistic prick be talking like that with a fat grin across his face,” Genkei said annoyed within his thoughts.

Then Genkei thought deeply about what Lucky said.

“Argh! He says he will laugh at me if I give up but knowing both of them, they will laugh at me whether I give up or not.”

Then Genkei thought to himself again.

“But…”

At this moment Genkei clenched his fist as hard as you can hear it tightening. He straightened his back and raised his head as the pool of sweat flies off into the air and as he stomps his feet into the ground while building momentum to go for the final dash past the store.

“But I’d rather laugh with them about this than to ever allow them to just laugh at me!”

As Genkei was on the verge of being swallowed by the stampede, he began to pick up speed which he was giving everything he got.

“Unbelievable! Truly unbelievable! Genkei who was just about to call it quits suddenly got the fire back in him as he’s going in for the final sprint!” Ren commentates.

“But will he be able to make it!? As he’s not the only one building speed as the thirsty mob of women are also picking it up for the final sprint.”

As Genkei is pushing his body, he’s almost near the clothing store as all he has to do is go past it. But…

Unfortunately, Dai is not your average friend and he purposely stuck out his foot which Genkei tripped over it and is falling face flat into the ground in slow-motion. As time went slow for Genkei, he was able to see a glimpse of both Lucky and Dai. They both had smug expressions on their faces. Genkei just had one thought in his mind. Just one thought and that is…

“I’m gonna get them back for this!”

 

1