Chapter 11 – The Hidden Village (Part 1)
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group knew that it would still be a while before

they reached Vermillion City. It was still a week away in fact. Ash was utilizing his time to train the physical abilities of his Pokemon. Ash had another goal to catch some more Pokemon.

On the way, they encountered a forest.

Brock opened his Pokedex and opened the map "Let's see, this forest doesn't seem to have anything interesting in it aside from some wild Pokemon if any of you are interested. I see no reason to stay here for any longer than necessary," Brock muttered as he read the map. 'I have been a long time away from this, that now I even have to get information from my Pokedex.

Ash looked at the forest reluctantly and nodded to Brock.

The group continued to walk. While they were wandering through the forest,

they noticed an Oddish cross their paths.

"Oh! It's an Oddish! Cool!" Ash said taking out his Pokedex.

"Oddish, the Weed Pokemon. During the day, Oddish usually bury themselves underground to avoid the harsh sun and grow by absorbing moonlight," the Pokedex said.

"Okay, now my turn go Pidgeotto" Ash smiled after listening to Pokedex. Oddish soon got into a defense.

"Pidgeotto Gust."

Winds rushed towards Oddish blowing its small body toward a tree.

"Continue with Wing Attack."

Pidgeotto was about to land the finishing blow for its trainer to catch the Pokemon, but to it and everyone else's surprise, another Pokemon leaped into the clearing and delivered a Tackle attack to Pidgeotto changing its direction and using a Winewhip to catch Oddish to safety.

Pidgeotto was knocked to the side and glared at the Pokemon who gave it a sneak attack. It glared back at Pidgeotto and then glared at the humans and Pikachu for daring to harm its friend.

"Oh wow! It's a wild Bulbasaur!" Ash said in surprise. "Bulbasaur Let's battle."

Upon hearing this, Bulbasaur immediately scowled and shot a Razor Leaf at everyone in the group, causing them to duck for cover. It then picked up Oddish with its Vine Whip and disappeared into the sea of trees.

"They both got away," Misty said.

Brock looked around and saw no traces and spoke: "That Bulbasaur is good, he even knows how to hide its traces but like every other Bulbasaur it should be slow, Let's search for two hours if we find him good else we will continue."

Both of them nodded and headed in a separate direction.

But to no avail, it had been about two hours since the group had the encounter with Oddish and Bulbasaur, and they hadn't seen a trace of the two. They figured it was best to just forget about the incident and move on.

They were now upon an old bridge in the middle of the forest that they would need to cross. They looked over the cliff and saw it was a long way down to the water should they fall.

"Uh, do we have to cross this bridge? Surely there

is another way to cross," Misty looked at the old bridge and spoke.

"I don't like the looks of it myself," Ash agreed.

"We better try to cross this bridge one at a time. We don't need to put any more weight on here than we need to."

"I'll go first," Brock volunteered. Both of them agreed as he was the strongest among them and  Onix can easily save him.

Brock then began to make his way across the bridge as slowly as possible. The group was watching him nervously from behind.

"Just keep going slowly," Brock said to himself. Just then, a strong gust of wind appeared from seemingly nowhere causing the bridge to swing violently. He was beginning to lose his balance.

"Brock! Hold on!" Ash cried out as he saw the danger his friend was in.

Brock tried to hold on as best as he could, but the wind was too strong. He soon toppled over the side of the bridge as the rest of the group watched in horror.

Brock had managed to hold onto the edge but was struggling. In their panic, Ash, Misty, and

Pikachu had forgotten about how rickety the bridge

was. They immediately ran onto the bridge to try to help Brock. Unfortunately, the extra weight was all the bridge needed to snap in half.

Brock was sent plummeting into the water below as the rest of the group desperately grabbed onto any part of the bridge they could. Ash and Misty were clinging for dear life onto the dangling bridge. Ash had managed to get ahold of a fully intact part of the bridge Thus, he was able to climb to the ground above. Pikachu rode on Ash's shoulder so it was safe as well. Misty wasn't so lucky. She had no footing like Ash had and was holding on to the edge of the bridge as tight as she could.

Ash knew this was a bad situation. If he didn't think of something quick, Misty would soon fall into the water below just like Brock had. Maybe his flying Pokemon could help!

"Pidgeotto Go!" Ash yelled as he released her.

As soon as the Pokemon appeared, Ash gave his commands.

"Okay, I want you to fly underneath Misty and help pull her up!" Ash told them.

Pidgeotto nodded and immediately went to Misty and pulled her with her claws, once she was within reaching distance, Ash reached out his hand to help her the rest of the way up. Pikachu was attempting to help as well by pulling on her pinkies. Misty had finally made it back onto the ground above and gave a huge sigh of relief. Ash returned Pidgeotto. However, they knew they had one more thing remaining.

"Brock will be alright."

"Brock, yes but we still need to find him let's follow the river flow " Misty spoke after calming down. She got back fast as she was a Water Gym leader she had some confidence to survive in water it may not be as Assured as Brock.

...

Narrator's POV

Brock was safe he was riding on Onix underwater with a mask but his old habit didn't leave him as he saw a beautiful lady plucking fruits down the river so now Mr. Brock was acting like a drowning person.

And he succeeded she saved him.

....

Ash, Misty, and Pikachu had been looking for Brock for over two hours and still hadn't found him.

they followed the river flows down to the waterfall at last.  Unfortunately, they were so in a hurry

they didn't notice the rope that was placed on the ground. The group stepped right into it which activated a trap. Soon, they found themselves suspended in a net.

"Hey! Who put this trap here?!" Ash called out in surprise as they struggled to get free.

"I don't know, but get your elbow out of my face, Ash Ketchum!" Misty yelled.

"Misty, your foot is jammed right into my side!" Ash complained.

"Chuuuuu," Pikachu choked as it was struggling to find room among the bigger humans.

"PIKACHUUUUU!"

"Ahhhhh!"

"Ahhhhhh!"

They were soon turned into a choke by Pikachu.

After calming down. "Shit! We can't even reach for our Pokeball because it's so crammed in this net!" Misty yelled.

It was then that the group heard laughter below them. They looked down to see a Bulbasaur below them. It had a smirk of triumph on its face. It looked just like the one from earlier.

"Hey, Bulbasaur! Could you help us down from here?" Ash pleaded.

Bulbasaur shook its head as it continued to smirk at the group. It then turned around to walk into another part of the woods.

"Hey! Wait! You can't just leave us here!" Ash cried out as he watched it leave.

"What do you suppose that Bulbasaur's problem is with people anyway?" Ash wondered to himself.

"I don't know, but I swear if you don't get your elbow out of my face, I'm going to scream!" Misty shouted.

Ash and Pikachu sighed. Not only were they packed like fishes in a net suspended above the ground, but they also had to listen to Misty's nagging as well. The group soon heard more footsteps approaching. They hoped that whomever it was, they would be able to help them down. To their great relief and happiness, Brock appeared in the clearing and saw the group.

"Brock! You're okay! What happened?" Ash shouted in happiness.

"I'll explain in a little bit. Right now, let's get you guys down from there" Brock told them. Brock then noticed a part of the rope that was holding the net up by him. He then reached into his backpack and pulled out a small pocket knife. He cut the rope which caused the net to fall to the ground where everyone landed with a painful groan, but at least they were free.

Brock was then bombarded with questions by Ash.

"Where were you this entire time?"

"We walked for two hours?"

Misty asked, "Did your Pokedex malfunction, your location just disappeared from the map."

Brock nodded.

Ash wondered "Does Pokedex also have this function?"

"Yes have not read the instructions."

"I skipped it."

"As expected."

........................................

TBC

1