2. Isn’t it abuse?
116 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyle Goodhill grew up in a regular house with both parents and younger sibling. 

His father was an Imperial knight so he learned to use sword from a young age. And he was exceptionally good at it. 

His life was going on normally until the Saintess appeared in his front door.

'Soon, the danger will come. You're the only one who can protect the world' 

He was declared as one of the 5 heroes. 

Until he meets four other heroes, he had to train hard to get stronger. In the meantime his safety was guaranteed after enrolling into the Silverguard academy. 

To fulfill his childhood friend's dream, Kyle asked the temple to enroll Rosemary with him which they agreed hesitantly. 

Only after studying here for few weeks could Kyle understand why they were hesitant.

The continued bullying from the students of noble origin didn't stop. 

Kyle is good with sword so he was able to protect himself but when they can't touch him, they started targeting his friend instead. Besides, Rosemary was a young beauty with unique red hair so many male students tried to court her which always resulted to getting rejected and having their prides scratched.

Due to Rosemary's sudden popularity, the female students started to get jealous and treated her like an eyesore. Kyle feared that something bad might've happened to her when she wasn't waiting for him in the cafeteria as usual. 

It took him long time to find her. However what welcomed was some prick beating up senior year students with a huge grin while Rosemary stood in the corner like a statue. 

So he asked. 

"What's going on?"

Rosemary snapped out of her terrace and quickly grabbed Kyle's wrist before he could do something reckless.

"Kyle! I-.."

"Hey, you there! Did you come here to join me? Or them?"

Unfortunately she was too late. 

Luke had that violent smile on his face again as he eyed Kyle with clenched fist. It wasn't that hard to recognize the number 1 swordsman of the second year. 

"Don't you think you've went too far?'

Hearing that the first thing Kyle said was worrying about the people under his feet, Luke scoffed. "It seems like you came to join them seeing how you're also brainless as well" 

Wasn't it obvious? He was being a nice person and silencing those who bothered the girl. What was so hard to understand? 

He heard that he was from a countryside. Even his way of thinking was like a country pumpkin.

"Kyle, don't fight. Those guys attacked me and he helped. So forget about them and let's go to class..." 

"But shouldn't we take them to the infirmary first?" 

"What?" 

It was Luke who asked because he doubted his ears. 

But the look on the country pumpkin's face said that he was totally serious. For a moment Luke felt that his eyes looked quite similar to his brother's eyes, who brought a bouquet for the person who attempted to kill him countless times.

'Did everyone around me lose their brains these days? At least the girl seems to be fine' 

His excitement to fight him died down. With a dejected look, Luke kicked one of them in the abdomen, causing the unknown student to groan in pain.

"You guys hear him? Don't cause trouble for our saint here and go to the infirmary yourselves" 

"Y-yes" 

With a soft whimper, they stood up and started to make their way towards the building. 

Kyle, who was referred to as a saint because he simply felt worried just watched them silently with unexplainable feelings. 

"Are you satisfied now, your holiness? If you are, I'd like to take some rest" 

"Don't you think you should take responsibility for what you've done?" 

For the second time, Luke doubted his ears again. 

"Kyle, stop it. Let's just go!" 

Rosemary tried her best to change her insensible friend's mind to no avail.

"Responsibility? What am I? A five year old?" 

"You could've just called the guards instead of going that far. Don't you think you owe them an apology for beating them so badly?" 

'What a hypocrite'

Luke just buried one in the morning. Meeting another was a little too soon. To avoid this pointless argument, he decided to not speak with this guy any longer. 

"You can go and complain to the principal for all I care. Just follow your little girlfriend's advice and leave me alone" 

Having a nap was more important than wasting his energy on this righteous guy anyway.

****

"Luke Alaistar" 

"Yes, I know my name, Mr. Blackburn" 

The principal smacked the back of Luke's head. 

"How dare you pick a fight as soon as you came in? Do you come here only to fight?!" 

That was technically true but Luke didn't dare to speak his thoughts out loud. 

"I'm so so sorry Mr. Blackburn. Do you want me to write an apology letter for you?" 

"Three of them. Each with over thousand words" 

After getting called here for almost everyday, Luke was getting incredibly good at writing apology letters filled with fake self-reflection. 

"The six students you beat up... They didn't file a complaint. The infirmary doctor healed all their wounds" 

The principal spoke cautiously in case Luke went after them for revenge. The blonde haired boy simply nodded in response.

He already knew which dumbass dared to snitch on him.

"Mr. Blackburn, I heard you're doing a charity work these days?" 

"..."

"Sponsering young talent is good but it'll be difficult if that talent were to get trampled on before they could shine. If you're going to take them under your name, you should at least teach them manners" 

It was clear that he was talking about Kyle Goodhill, the commoner student who was sponsored by the principal himself.

It was a small information he learned from eavesdropping the third year students from earlier but Luke didn't want to just sit still. 

Even if Luke didn't warn him, it felt like those two wouldn't last long here. 

"Actually.. I heard you fought because of Rosemary" 

"I didn't fight because of her. It's because those pricks were disturbing my nap-" 

Mr. Blackburn's stern gaze fell on him. Realizing his mistake, Luke quickly retracted his words.

"Actually you're right. I wanted to help the girl" 

Disgusting.

He couldn't believe he just used the word help for some noisy girl. It sounded like something a male lead of a romance novel would do, not him.

However the look on the young principal's face visibly softened. 

"Look, I know you're going through a tough time because of your circumstances. But the professors are complaining about your attendance. At this rate you might even get expelled" 

"Expelled?" 

Luke couldn't believe what he just heard. 

They were planning to expell the Marquis's son. It didn't even sound funny. 

"You see, the students need an attendance of 3 hours a day at least. But you doesn't even show up for an hour. And remember the knight you beat up?" 

"Yes?" 

"He's the head professor's cousin" 

'Ah, no wonder'

It was understandable. 

"Okay. You can expel me" 

He finally admitted defeat. However Mr. Blackburn was surprised to hear him straight out say to expel him as if it was nothing. 

"Wait, Luke I'm going to give you a chance. If you just attend all of your classes from now on.." 

"Haha, there's no way" 

The boy carelessly laughed at the principal's face and left the room with his unfinished apology letter.

"It's not like I'm here because I want to. It'll be a good opportunity to leave" 

Perhaps he should ask his father to leave the academy before they could expel him and damage his reputation.

.

.

.

"I heard you called for me, Marquis" 

Turns out he didn't need to request an audience with his father. By the time he returned, his father was already waiting for him at the training ground with a cold gaze.

The black haired man holding a Great Sword in his hand looked more intimidating than ever. The young boy secretly braced himself.

"Do you know what you've done?"

"I just buried my mother this morning"

Not that anyone cares, Luke thought. 

Even he didn't put much meaning into it but it'd be a perfect excuse to get away with whatever he had done to make his busy father wait for him with a sword.

"I heard you're going to be expelled from the academy" 

"..."

"Pick up that sword" 

Luke carefully and cautiously picked up the sword his father threw at him.

As soon as he picked it up, the Marquis swung his sword towards his direction, which Luke barely managed to dodge but he was quickly caught in the next attack. 

The thin boy who's too lazy to workout flew away like a paper and rolled on the ground.

"*Cough, cough..."

"I let you be for a long time. Now it's time to bring you back to your senses. Stand up"

'He's serious'

Norton Alaistar is a 7th class magic-swordsman. There was no way the likes of Luke would even compare to him. 

The aura he released was intimidating enough. Luke could barely find some strength in his legs as he used his sword as a support to stand up. 

"W-wait, how about we talk it through like a normal people-"

Baam!

He was hit right in the stomach by the sword handle. It felt like all the air in his lungs left his body. 

'I'm pretty sure I just saw the afterlife'

"Stand up"

The boy barely managed to get back on his feet, only to get knocked down again like a training dummy. 

"Starting from tomorrow you'll attend school without skipping a single class"

'This is a child abuse'

Luke was only 18 year old boy who last held a sword like 5 years ago. This was by no means a father son bonding time or a training. 

"Stand up"

He heard this word for almost the 10th time. In all 10, he rolled on the ground after receiving a huge blow. 

"Fine, fine.. I will attend the academy. I'll even stop picking fights. Satisfied?"

Thud! 

He was hit in his rib once more. 

"If you fail to graduate from the academy, I'll send you to the front lines"

"S-sure" 

"Get a grade above C. Or go and live with your aunt Matilda for the rest of your life"

That last threat legit terrified Luke. 

Matilda Neville is his mother's older sister who dotes on Luke a lot. 

The problem is she dotes on him way too much. She'd cry if she saw a single scratch on his hand. If he goes there, he'll be nothing more than a dress up doll.

"The training is over. You can go and rest now"

"Training my ass.."

"Did you say something?"

"Nothing"

Even after Norton left, Luke kept whispering the word 'child abuse' over and over again. 

The problem was the promise he gave. 

'Attend your lessons and get a grade above C' 

It was almost impossible to achieve no matter how hard he thought about it.

7