Chapter 1: First testing
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

January 15th,  2060

Development of ET has started its first trails since its discovery.  My colleagues debated amongst themselves whether they should really continue this field of research, as it seemed to be an unethical practice that could spell disaster.  Some agreed with this statement, some did not, as the materials that were supplied to us were, as the procurers themselves put it, "Ethically sourced from families that wished to let go, or places where remnants of tragedies remain.

Though the two sides bickered on and on, even reaching the point of minor violence, I only sat and listened to the conversation.  I knew that, even though we were researchers spearheading this new field, we are not the ones in control of what we are going to do or how the technology will be used:  It will be our sponsors and funders, the government, that will use the fruit we sow, I can only hope that they will reap the benefits for peace rather than conquest and greed.  But as history continues to show me again and again, even if it is intended for peace, everything shall be used in war.

January 25th, 2060

The trial we conducted was to test the ability of the agony branch of ET.  The test was meant to prove the effectiveness of objects with Agony compared to those which did not have an ETA.  For this trial, we used two sets of objects: a typical handgun and a magazine of bullets, and then the same set of items but with agony injected into them.

First, we set a bullet proof vest with a sheet of bulletproof glass behind it.  The handgun with no applied ETAs didn't pierce through the vest and was stopped by its plating, as it was expected to do.  Then we fired the agony infused handgun with regular bullets and we were surprised to find that it did pierce through the frontal part of the vest, but was unable make an exit through the vest's back side.  We repeated this again, but the weapon was normal and the bullets were injected with the ETA:  this came with similar results as the ETA infused gun, though it came closer to making an exit wound through the other side

What happened next shocked everyone that was present.  When we used the handgun and magazine infused with Agony, the firepower had increased significantly, so much so that the bullet pierced through both the frontal and back portion of the bullet proof vest and it created a large crack in the bulletproof glass close behind it.  For just a handgun to do this much damage just through the use of  an ETA was astounding, there is virtually no chance this discovery will be overlooked, not by the military at least.

Though there were cheers and celebration from the ones who were just observing, the man who held the gun became noticeably more irritable, assuming postures and motions meant to calm oneself.  He even pointed the gun at one of my colleagues, screaming at him to shut up.  Everyone was in a silent panic, as they had just seen the power that the gunman held in his hands, a bullet from his weapon could pierce the supposedly bulletproof items, what could it do to a human?  We all thought we'd find out that moment, but then wielder of the gun showed a shocked expression on his face before he took hold of himself.  He then apologized and laid the gun back onto the table before walking out of the room.

It was clear to all of us that the ETA of Agony made people in close vicinity around it more irritable and impulsive, a common characteristic in negative emotions.  We all made sure to take that into consideration when we were to conduct another test that involved this type of ETA.

-End

0