Chapter 8: A slip-up
2.2k 4 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Boy, oh boy, you got the attention of a goddess in like half a day?” Riven’s amused chuckle echoed around them. “I made a good choice by giving you access to the realm panel.”

Zephyr’s lips formed a flat line. “It’s your fault for throwing us in her forest.”

“She is the goddess of the forests. By forests, I mean all the forests in this world. You’ll be under her surveillance in any forest.”

Sherine patted his shoulder with a comforting smile. “I’ll kill her if she annoys us.”

Then there was the half dragon goddess promising to swat the forest goddess like a fly.

“I know. I lost my calm over nothing.” Zephyr took a deep breath which resulted in him scrunching his nose. “I stink… let’s return to the house.”

He didn’t have the energy to lift his scythe, much less caring about some goddess hiding behind bushes. He’d kill to have a cold shower and a warm meal. Unlike him, Sherine didn’t have a speck of blood on her blue dress.

She pulled out the dimensional door. Zephyr barged inside and ran out of his room. It didn’t take long to find the large bathhouse, which seemed too large for two people. The swimming pool alone could hold a couple dozen people. Zephyr shrugged his shoulders before he threw his clothes off and jumped under the shower.

Suffice to say, he spent more than an hour cleaning the grime and dried blood.

Only after that, he realized his mistake. He helped Sherine choose clothes while didn’t get any for himself. His clothes were in no condition to be worn again. He walked around the house with just a towel around him and found Sherine in the dining room. She put on a black apron over her dancer dress and carried piping hot noodles, steak and various delicacies to the dining table.

‘She is a great cook.’

The aroma was too much to handle in his current state. He added a double knot to the towel and sat down to eat.

Sherine couldn’t help but giggle at his impatience. “There are some clothes in your closet. Please wear those after dinner.”

“Will do. Come and eat with me.”


Half an hour later.

Sherine peeked into Zephyr’s room to find him sleeping with a blanket covering him. A pair of black eyes looked at her in the dark. The hawk, who was close to Zephyr, stared at Sherine.

“Goodnight.”

Sherine waved her hand before she closed the door. “Father, will the goddess bother us tomorrow?”

“I don’t know, daughter. The goddess of the forests is the youngest and weakest goddess there is. She won’t be a challenge.”

“I’m just worried that she will expose our secret to other gods…”

Zephyr was very weak at the moment. Getting the attention of gods would hinder their adventure and make them overly cautious. The desire for her young champion’s growth and the fear of losing him clashed. A conflict of desires left the girl in utter confusion.

“We’ll talk tomorrow. Have sweet dreams.”

“Goodnight, father… take care.”


Sherine woke up with her alarm, which was set at six in the morning, her usual time to start the day. Even though she dismissed the alarm, she could still hear the sound of chiming birds.

‘It’s Zephyr.’

She took a peek inside her companion’s room. Zephyr slept without a care in the world while the hawk slowly trotted to the alarm clock. It pecked the button on the ringing alarm clock, shutting it down in an instant.

Sherine was taken aback. Did the hawk coincidentally press the button that turned off the alarm?

Sherine gave Zephyr more time to rest and decided to wash up before him. She made breakfast, and yet, Zephyr showed no signs of waking up. The first day of intense physical activity showed its effect on his young body.

‘What do I do?’

Should she wake him up or potentially let him sleep throughout the day? Zephyr might get angry if he lost one day of harvesting Soul Essence. He might not have the energy to fight if he woke up now.

Another situation she couldn’t make heads or tails of.

She glanced at the clock. “I’ll wake him at twelve.”

She settled for the middle ground between two extreme choices.

Fortunately for her, Zephyr opened his eyes half an hour before twelve. The first thing he saw was Sherine sitting near his bed with a book in her hand. She was in a pure black sleeveless dress with black combat boots reaching her mid thighs. The prime outfit of a brawler couldn’t take away her elegance

“Morning,” she said as she flipped the book shut and took off her round spectacle. “Did you sleep well?”

Zephyr glanced at the clock putting his blunder on full display. He never had trouble sleeping but last night was an exception. Laughter of joy and tears of sorrow—he saw them on his parents’ faces. The room being so familiar only contributed to his dreams.

“I’ll get ready.”

Zephyr threw off the blanket and climbed down the bed, stretching his arms with a long yawn. His body had recovered enough to slay a couple dozen more monsters.

Sherine’s eyes went wide, and her mouth gaped. With restrained curiosity, she eyed the girthy member pointing at the door, the veins around it pulsing menacingly. She had seen her father’s member when she used to bathe with him. But it wasn’t half of what Zephyr carried inside his pants.

Zephyr quietly yanked the blanket to cover his lower body. An erection in the morning was a common occurrence for him. “I’ll go shower.”

“N-No problem.”

Zephyr escaped the room before things got awkward. After a quick shower, he found a pair of clothes sitting outside the bathroom along with a pair of flexible leather boots. He got into the dark brown tunic first before wearing the rusty brown breeches. He looked like a typical npc found in the RPGs except for his absurdly charming face.

He tied his long black hair in a ponytail and returned to the dining room. He was greeted with plenty of breakfast on the table. Sherine sat on a nearby chair, lost in daydreams. The powerful imagination of an artist kept her occupied in boring times.

“Thanks for the clothes.”

She absentmindedly bobbed her head. “They will… mix with the adventurer outfit…”

“Yeah.”

While munching on cookies, he summoned his status window.

[STATUS]

Zephyr Cyrus: Level 2 (110/150 Experience to next level)

Race: Human

Soul Rank: Mortal (830/5000 Soul Essence to next rank)

[Attributes]

Strength: 12

Agility: 18

Health: 15

Defense: 14

Magic: 32

[Emblem]

Soulmancy…

[Skills]

Dragon Touch (Bronze) (Passive): The blessing of the dragon improves your resistance to fire.]

Scythe Combat (Bronze) (Passive): When a scythe weapon is equipped, attack power will increase by 4%, attack speed by 2%. Stamina consumption with scythe is decreased by 10%.

Enhanced Focus (Bronze) (Passive): Your focus is enhanced. The chances of getting distracted are severely reduced.

He had reached level 2 after murdering nearly forty wild animals. The Soul Essence he got was of fairly low quality. He had to find brood monsters of higher level and harvest their soul for more experience and Soul Essence. He’d get a huge strength boost once he collected 5000 Soul Essence.

Honestly, he hoped to raise his Soul Rank before stepping foot into the town. Relying solely on Sherine’s god-tier powers might backfire. So, he chose not to rely on it at all unless some extremely powerful enemy targeted them.

The whole purpose of throwing him into this world was his growth, not being spoiled by Sherine.

Favorite if you liked the chapter! Check out my Patreon for more chapters!

 

100