Chapter 02: A new world
1.4k 1 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dark place, illuminated with the few candles that decorated the interior of the minimalist room in faint orange color, one could appreciate a sense of tranquillity and antiquity.

That was not all; what stood out most in this place was not the white marble throne in the center of the room nor the various paintings with different historical scenes glued to the walls.

The prominent figure was sitting on the throne in the center of the room.

The simple fact that he was sitting was enough to convey a sense of oppression and, at the same time, a feeling that only those who have overcome the turbulence of life for thousands of years could possess.

His aura is not something a King or an Emperor could think of possessing; no, it is a different aura. Only those who were born by the will of the world could have an aura, that is, those beings known as gods.

Despite being a god who wandered the mortal world, the man possessed sensible clothing; a white robe that conveyed his divine presence and a black cloak that shadowed his stoic, wrinkled face, with his long, white hair peeking out from under his shoulders.

With his eyes closed, he watched over that place where millions of monsters dwelled. A place known and called home by monsters, equally, a place where the humans of this world ventured and fortified themselves in search of a path that would lead them to wealth, recognition, and women.

Although his eyes were closed and his concentration remained totally on that place, as a God with no sealed strength, he could observe and feel everything in this world.

*Buzzing!

A sudden stirring in the world's own will buzzed merrily in his consciousness, alerting the hooded man in the process.

Without opening his eyes, he focused on the world; however, even after a few seconds, nothing was happening again, as if the above was merely an illusion on the part of his consciousness.

But, before turning his attention back to his main work, something happened that he never in his life thought he would see with his own eyes.

With his senses, he could observe a pillar of golden light illuminating the darkness of the world that only those divine beings could follow. A post that rose and penetrated the very sky as it expanded and embraced the world with a sense of warmth.

The man abruptly opened his eyes and looked in a specific direction. For the first time in who knows how many thousands of years, the azure blue eye emitted myriad emotions. His hands clenched tightly and made the armrest of his throne shatter.

"... Perhaps, this world... no, I can't assume anything."

Though low, his murmur carried an incredible and profound majesty. Soon, however, his brows furrowed in some bewilderment.

"Even with my senses, I can no longer feel or see it."

Although the man could neither see the appearance nor feel the aura of that newly arrived entity that made the will of the world dance with happiness, he knew that this world would undergo a significant change.

As to whether that change would be good or bad, even he did not know.

"I simply hope that the outcome will not be too disastrous. I don't want to imagine what would happen to this world if the worst were to occur. Even Tenkai might not be saved.

Accompanied by a long sigh, the God waved his arm, and as an immediate response, a hooded man materialized inside the room with his head down, showing his loyalty and reverence towards his God.

"Ouranos, is there anything I can do for you?".

The God looked towards his subordinate and nodded, "I want you to go and hide the Xenos from everyone's eyes. I don't want anyone to know of their existence, understood?".

"Understood. Are there any other requests, Ouranos?".

"No, that's all."

With a simple nod of his head, the man in the black hood dissolved into thin air, leaving behind only a puff of wind within the once again silent room.

***

This world was not as simple as one might imagine just by observing the bustling city, where several adventurers wandered and chatted happily about their conquests and acquired experiences. At the same time, others drank a few glasses of cherry to quench their thirst inside a bar where beautiful waitresses ran back and forth to attend to their customers.

From the mantle, it looked like an ordinary world of ancient times. However, it was a world where gods roamed freely alongside mere mortals.

They were the gods who descended from heaven to the mortal world to bestow their blessings on their families and, simultaneously, have fun. Only they knew how boring and monotonous life was in that so-called heaven.

Their relatives gained power and fame. Losses and gains that went hand in hand accompanied them in their adventures, as well as death or the fortune to survive to tell their stories.

They were strong, but no one knew when the God of Death would visit them to cut short their lives; so many beings of this world did what they wanted and what they found possible today instead of leaving their desires for tomorrow, where their fates were unknown.

Although the gods' blessings encouraged them to rise to a higher position in the food chain, it was not enough for them to follow their desires without the interruption of so-called destiny.

However, that word that had an abstract meaning and concept, a natural law that no one could observe or influence, today, that same natural Law was suddenly broken without anyone being aware of it.

Thousands of threads of fate connected the past, present, and future of a world and its inhabitants were shattered into billions of golden fragments at the same time that an unknown entity arrived in this dangerous world inhabited by gods and mortals.

Although no one noticed the phenomenon of the breaking of one of the essential laws of existence, some beings of this world were alerted by the sight of a column of golden light piercing the sky and covering the world under its wings.

Those beings were, naturally, some of the gods who, although their powers sealed, could still see what human eyes could not observe.

Among these gods who paid no mind to it and went on with their vibrant lives, one in particular who, the instant he observed and felt the warm embrace of the golden light, had been moved.

"So beautiful...a warmth that even the act of sex could not compare to it... As majestic as it was!"

With a glass of wine between her fingers, a woman who could be considered divine looking just with her silver eyes that would cast a spell on anyone, she rubbed her thighs as she felt an itch of arousal run through her curvy body.

Beneath her silky silver hair, which fell to her plump ass, was a face full of pleasure and lust as she gazed at a particular spot from atop a tower.

However, she could not give up her curiosity at this point; she had to know more and get more information about this unknown phenomenon!

In her curiosity, she was about to activate her powers, alerting the God sitting on his throne. However, the God didn't have to do anything when huge eyes projected over the world.

A gigantic eye that only showed itself to the eyes of the Goddess.

The gigantic crimson eye, surrounded by a golden color, looked emotionlessly at the Goddess. She, upon seeing this, only became more excited, to the point of breaking the crystal goblet in her hand and cutting her palms in the process.

"Ahn~ so beautiful. This is wonderful. give me more of this incredible sight!".

The Goddess murmured ecstatically and leaned back in the chair. She felt the itching in her crotch increase. Rubbing her thighs would not lighten this incredible sensation! She couldn't help but direct her delicate hands to rub herself.

"Kyaaa!"

A sudden cry of pain was heard inside the room as the Goddess forgot her excitement and brought her hands to cover her eyes, which were burning with pain. Blood spurted between her fingers, staining her white cheeks a bloody color.

With that, the large eye that lit up for a few seconds from the discomfort of being watched closed its eyes and disappeared.

*Bam!

The door burst open, revealing a muscular man with a pair of animal ears running desperately towards the Goddess lying on the floor, simultaneously writhing in pain and excitement.

"My goddess, what happened?!"

***

The phenomenon had only lasted a few seconds, but it was enough for some of the gods to see the magnificent and incomparable spectacle that encompassed the whole world; however, only some knew what such revelations really meant.

On the other hand, no one would imagine that the being who had caused all this and who had shocked some of the gods of this world was not what anyone would imagine...

43