Chapter 05: Stronger
1.1k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I approached the goblin's body, and my body expanded like jelly and covered its entire body.

[The <Devourer> skill has been activated].

[The <Excelia> energy is being purified and processed to the <Origin Energy>].

[Like a predator, devour everything you step on, show no mercy to the ants!]]

A monotone voice rang in my consciousness simultaneously as a golden screen with black letters appeared in front of me, showing me the primary skill I possessed as it ran.

With sounds similar to when one drinks and sips a drink from a bottle, I saw my swollen golden body slowly absorb the dead body of the goblin into my body.

I was trembling and felt that strange energy being directed and gathered at a single point inside my body.

According to the system, there was a core in the center of my body. A core is called the "Core Origin." I don't know why I had something like it was my heart, but I didn't complain since it granted me good benefits that helped me get more potent at an incredible speed.

Apparently, the "Origin Core" is the source of my energy, called "Origin Energy."

This mysterious energy could execute all kinds of skills, either skills that needed mana or other types of energy. That's not all; the skills performed by this energy were more potent than those that used the different kinds of energy. That was the explanation that my system's status panel had.

Well, since it had the word 'Origin' in its name, it was pretty standard that it could have those effects, although I hoped it had unlimited energy, that way, I wouldn't have to worry in battles, and I could spam skills left and right.

Though maybe when I get stronger, these effects will change for the better...

'I feel like I'm being pretty greedy. I already have enough bountiful things that would make anyone envy me...'. I let out an imaginary sigh at my shamelessness.

The above was not the only characteristic of my core.

This wondrous and magical core not only transformed the absorbed energy into 'Origin Energy' but was also responsible for absorbing and distributing the energy absorbed by the 'Devourer' ability throughout the interior of my body so that I could become stronger. To top it off, the absorbed energy was purified and distributed throughout my body.

In conclusion, the core had a function similar to that of a human heart, this one being somewhat different; instead of pumping blood through the human body's veins, the core I possessed evenly pumped a large amount of energy throughout the interior of my body.

Five seconds.

In just five seconds, the goblin's body disappeared completely, leaving me in my original form; a golden ball about 10 centimeters round.

*Crack!

I was startled as a sudden cracking sound originated from within me as if something hard had broken. Flowing, a warm feeling of pleasurable energy coursed through and filled every corner of my body as if I had been rejuvenated.

What happened...? I asked inwardly with some bewilderment.

Fortunately, it didn't take long for a holographic screen to appear in front of me with the answer I was waiting for.

[Congratulations! You have advanced to <Rank F - Medium Level>.

With effort and hard work, you achieve great results that open new doors for you.

Push yourself and move up a rung so that you can unlock new features].

***

'Huh? Man, what's with that encouraging phrase? Even though I've gotten stronger, I have no idea about the scope of the ranks and how they work, unlike this world's power system'.

I grumbled as I thought it would have been much simpler if the system had put a power system of this world instead of what was shown.

However, I couldn't think any further when another notification came in front of me, replacing the previous panel and letters with a new one.

***

[------------------

Requirements needed for the system to upgrade:

Obtain <500 Magic Stones> and reach <Rank D - Low Level>.

- Magic Stones= 0/500

- Power Rank= F - Medium / D - Low

------------------------]

***

'Does the system have levels? Wow, that's something new. Before, it had only shown me the functions it possessed and nothing else.'

With that thought, I opened the system option with a command; Open system.

[-----------------------

System-level 1.

Requirements for the system to reach the next level:

Obtain <500 Magic Stones> and get <Rank D - Low Level>.

- Magic Stones= 0/500

- Power Rank= F - Medium / D - Low

------------------------

Current system functions.

* Inventory.

* Status.

* Map.

--------------------]

'I see... It's all the same, shit! At least I would have added the scale of power compared to that of this world'.

I ultimately resigned myself after reading everything in the system; the only thing different from before was that it added part of the requirements for the system to reach a new level.

On the other hand, I will have quite a bit of trouble gathering the magic stones. That is, I don't possess arms to wield a knife to dismember and pull out the "Magic Stones" from inside the monsters.

However, I was not discouraged to any great extent. I had complete confidence that shortly, or I wanted to believe that, as a slime that could take a non-living physical matter form, I could also take a human form. Of course, I'm not sure that such a thing was possible, but considering my situation, it was better to believe in something than to remain discouraged.

'Alright, let's go back to my place.'

Doing everything I had to do, and seeing that the sun was about to set on the horizon, with only small strands of light coming through the cracks in the treetops, I began to nimbly glide along the ground like the excellent slime that I am.

'It's a bit surprising if I think about everything that has happened, from my reincarnation to this world that was once just a mode of entertainment for me.'

Unlike the anime and the novel, which showed the adventures of the protagonist in search of a fated encounter, now that this world turned out to be accurate, and because of the short time I was here, I was able to realize what at the beginning of the anime they didn't show.

It turned out to be much more dangerous now that I'm experiencing it firsthand. Although I've only encountered goblins so far, that was mainly due to my map, which allowed me to observe the dangers around me in great detail, hence the different types of monsters.

From giant wolves that doubled or tripled the size of a dog to monsters that resembled the extinct dinosaurs of the earth. All of this was made easy for me on my system map, which allowed me to dodge and avoid the dangerous areas where these monsters roamed.

With great agility, I dodged the trees, and with the ability "Wave Reader," which allowed me to hear more clearly than human ears, I was able to listen to the howls of the monsters and the whistling of the winds whistling around me.

As I was lost in thought and my eyes were fixed on the map changing direction several times along the way, I finally arrived at my destination.

A small, dark cave was embedded in the mountain about twenty meters up and surrounded by grasslands that almost covered the mouth of the meter-sized aperture, perfect size and more than enough to fit my ten-centimeter figure.

'Home sweet home. There's nothing better than seeing your front door after a long day full of work.'

Being a slime, who doesn't feel hungry or need to worry about deteriorating health, I had no problem living a primitive life, if you can call it that...

I looked at my map to ensure the monsters were not nearby and, with an inward sigh, headed for the tiny cave I had found for cover from the stormy rains and the monsters.

The dark cave where only my two round white eyes glowed inside was only about five meters square. It was nothing special other than it once housed a giant snake that had bitten me.

But like the excellent slime I am, I was immune to the venom of its fangs that pierced my gelatinous flesh; in the end, I ended up eating it myself...

A little tired from the hectic day, my big eyes blinked a couple of times and sleep took over my consciousness, taking me to a dark passage of my old world.

44