Chapter 10: Orario City
1k 1 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

15 hours later.

A wall that rose dozens of meters high. Built of mighty rocks, sturdy and durable. The city's inner walls gave off a faint glow from the sunlight halfway around the world.

If one were to look down from the sky, one would see that the wall had a perfectly circular shape, enclosing and protecting the strongest city in the world.

The Labyrinth City Orario was a city that existed even before the gods descended to the mortal world; likewise, it was the only Labyrinth City in the world.

The city was composed of monumental buildings. But the most striking thing was undoubtedly the horror rising in the sky right in the city's center, which also traced paths dividing the city into eight equal parts.

A gigantic skyscraper could be seen outside the imposing stone wall surrounding the city!

The figure, with the shadow cast by the sunlight, covered a large part of the city, creating a sense of dignity that could overwhelm anyone contemplating it for the first time.

This installation, or a skyscraper, was known as [Babel], which acted as the roof of the dungeon. Thanks to it, the city flourished and showed its splendor to the whole world.

"Is the Dungeon supposed to be located underneath this city? Now that I remember, in the wiki, it said that a God kept the monsters at bay so they wouldn't come to the surface... I just hope he didn't notice me."

Although my eyes were covered by a black cloth, which hid my unusual eyes from others, it didn't obstruct my vision so that I could visualize everything in the city.

"From what I see, there are a lot of adventurers; no, it would be better to say that almost all the people in this place are adventurers...".

Most of the adventurers in the world, who wanted to experience a predestined encounter, came to this city where the monsters originated, whether the monsters inside the dungeon or the monsters from the ancient era that escaped all over the continent.

The countless curious adventurers would enter the labyrinth in search of profit. After all, the birth of monsters within the maze was limitless. The labyrinth acted as a mother for the monsters, spawning enemies for those who ventured into it.

Given this, naturally, the loot to be obtained by adventurers was unlimited. Of course, this depended mainly on the adventurer's strength and luck.

This was also the reason why the gods and goddesses were attracted to Orario; with it, they could have fun, something they did not have in Heaven.

"... Interesting, the anime didn't do justice to what this city is like at all. It's much more majestic to live and see it in the flesh than to visualize it in an anime."

"Get out of the way, kid." An angry voice came from behind me, interrupting my mutterings. I turned my face, and with an annoyed glare at the middle-aged man with bulging muscles, I clicked my tongue.

"Dude, are you so jealous of me that you don't realize that this damn street has yards of space?". I let out a grimace, seeing the man's expression twitched.

"I feel sorry for you, man. I bet you couldn't talk any woman into taking you to bed, am I right?" I said in a sympathetic tone and patted the man on the shoulder.

"...The world is cruel. Someone like you couldn't understand it." The man nodded with a tear escaping from the corners of his eyes.

"Yes, I know, don't I? But cheer up; I'll pray for your life to be joyful." I patted him again and turned to leave, "That way, at least one toad in the red zone would be interested in him...".

"H-hey, kid, don't think I didn't hear that!". The man shouted behind me. However, I paid him no attention.

'I don't know what happened there, but hey, at least they're not like side characters in a xianxia...'.

As I walked towards where the guild should be, I could pick up some gossip running through the bustling crowd; either from a vendor stall or from adventurers and adventurers passing by talking about my appearance...

"Kyaa, what a handsome boy!" squealed a brown-skinned Amazon with her hands on her flushed cheeks.

"He's a real beauty. I think I'm getting wet down there; I need a change of clothes." The other girl, who was also an Amazon in a revealing outfit, commented with a lustful look.

"But hisss... It's a shame he's a blind man. I wouldn't mind taking him in and taking care of him hehehe...~".

"Oh? How do you want to 'take care of him?".

"Hmm, sure, pamper him every day and guide him on the right path, hehe....".

"Tch, bitch....."

...

"Antia, you think he's new in this town?".

"Hmph, asshole. If he was from this city, just by his unique, otherworldly appearance, he'd already be recognized by all of Orario."

"Who are you calling an asshole?! Bitch!".

"And you?! Who are you calling a bitch?! Don't think I've already forgotten about the last time you seduced and slept with my toy, bitch!".

"Hey, calm down, you two; you're getting in the way of the crowd-."

"Keep your nose out of it, bitch!" "Keep your nose out of it, bitch!"

...

"What happened to him?"

"He's probably a novice adventurer who wanted to show off in front of a girl and ended up in that state."

"Tsk. Damn that monster for not smashing that damn face....".

"... By the way, that's pretty strange attire.".

"That's right, and I've never seen clothes like that. I can't imagine wandering the streets with that on."

"Pfft, it's better to walk around naked than to wear those crappy clothes."

"I'd certainly die of embarrassment if I wore that. It looks pretty comfortable, though...".

While the girls were discussing how I looked and what they would do to me if they managed to take me in, the men were making fun of my clothes...

"Hey! You guys are only making fun of him because he's better looking than a big, muscular guy like you, right?".

"Ha?! At least my musculature will serve me well on the battlefield! Look at that guy; the only thing he has going for him is his cute face, and not to mention, he's a blind guy. I bet he can't even swing a sword properly!"

...

Ignoring both sides and without stopping walking, I looked down and found my ever-faithful white pajamas that were spotless after being washed. With a weary sigh, I patted my face and muttered, "Excellent, just the thing to complete a strangeness combo."

"This is a bummer. I would have grabbed a change of clothes earlier when I visited that town...".

If I were in my old world, and if I were walking the streets with these cute pajamas on, I could quickly become the best object of ridicule within my town and probably the clown of the internet.

However, in this city, as far as I could observe, very few were interested in my pajamas; apparently, my appearance completely overshadowed it because the girls' gazes did not stray from my face, which was not hidden by the black fabric. With flushed cheeks and lustful? They murmured among themselves while looking at me with burning eyes as if I were their prey.

Woman, remove that predatory look from your face.

'It was a wise decision to fortify me before coming to this city. The women here are quite, as I say.... dangerous? If I were still weak, I doubted I could keep my ass in a safe place.'

Thinking of my greatness for having avoided a great misfortune and ignoring the watchful and penetrating stares of those I passed, I arrived at my destination. According to the gate guard, I was to be searched in this place.

'Please enlighten and guide my way to avoid that annoying woman...'

Repeating the phrase like a mantra while thinking about the face of a  woman who was supposed to attend to the adventurers, I took the first step and entered through the large guild gate.

'Shit! I guess I'm out of luck...'

If you want to support me and get up to 10 advanced chapters, you can do it here :3

www.patreon.com/TianXian

34