Chapter 19: Walk through the dungeon
899 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, hey. Are you kidding me?"

I couldn't help but curse out loud. My expression darkened as I stared at the floating screen in front of me.

Currently, the map only had a 2D function that displayed the world flat, so naturally, I couldn't mobilize it or place it in the position where I wanted to observe the structures of the world. Therefore, even if I displayed the map in a 2D image, the map could not show everything; for example, previously, when I was on the surface, the map did not show the monsters inside the dungeon under the city of Orario, including the dungeon structures.

Although it would be annoying if such a thing happened...

But that's not the main problem!

The always dignified map that showed the world's parameters now had nothing but a black background and a bunch of redheads representing the monsters lurking in the dungeon's depths.

"Fuck, I'm lost!"

I clutched my head and cursed the heavens in resignation. I was someone who got lost even in cities; now imagine what would happen if I went into a dungeon that had forks that stretched out like tentacles creating a vast structure that could not be described with any other word than maze!

'...'

' Sigh~.'

Well, there's no point worrying about something like that now; later, I can manage if I find some adventurer and ask him for the coordinates of the surface.

'It's not like it's on such a deep floor~.'

Letting out a long sigh, I started walking down the corridor connected to the dungeon's other floor, specifically floor 3.

Up to this point, I hadn't encountered any monsters other than goblins or kobolds, so although I hadn't absorbed them to increase my strength due to the low energy they possessed, the magic cores were stored in my 'Inventory' patiently waiting for my system upgrade that was just around the corner.

I was also hoping to find the Jack Bird on the second floor, an extremely rare monster, to the point that it is non-aggressive and only runs away from others as soon as it detects them. However, I wanted his drop item, which was called "Golden Egg," and worth around 1,000,000 valis.

My luck overcame me. I couldn't even glimpse the trail of that walking treasure that could make me rich overnight.

Sooner than I thought, I reached floor 3, where instantly the walls, as if sensing me, evoked their children, who cracked the walls to make their presence known.

The monster was different from what I had seen so far.

They were similar in appearance to brown lizards, and from their movements, I can guess that they have something on their legs that they use to cling to a surface, as they can climb and move freely along the rocky walls of the dungeon.

While the lizards were leaning on their legs to pounce at me from the walls and ceilings of the dungeon, I summoned the dagger from my "Inventory."

*Swoosh!

Successive hisses came in contact with my wave field as the lizards lunged at me.

However, I didn't give them time to land on top of me for them to take a bite out of me. I slid the dagger vertically upward, where it traced a cold light in its path.

As the dagger made contact with the monster's body and because it was not made of the best material, I could feel small obstructions of the lizard's flesh as it severed its head.

I spun on my heels before leaping and turning in the air, dodging the bites of the approaching monsters that opened their toothy mouths wide.

I swung the dagger downward, and with a piercing sound, the weapon blade pierced the lizard's chest, shattering the magic stone that lay there.

As the dead body of the monster dissolved in the air into mere specks of dust, I sent another slash toward one of the lizards that also attacked me with its sharp claws while I was in the air.

I turned my body to the left, dodging the claws grazed my face. Taking advantage of the monster being in the air and considering it could not dodge my blows in time, I moved my wrist downward.

The lizard did its best to dodge; however, all it could do in that situation was let out a long shriek before meeting its death when its head was severed from its neck with the dagger held by my five slender fingers.

For the next few minutes, the beast's shrieks and numerous roars echoed throughout the dungeon corridor and the unmistakable sound of flesh being pierced and sliced.

After seeing only one lizard left climbing the walls agitatedly, I bent my knees and, with all the momentum I could muster, leaped towards where the lizard was.

Before the momentum disappeared there, I arrived in front of the lizard, whose huge reptilian eyes reflected my figure, extending a sharp twenty-centimeter dagger towards its head.

Possibly these were the last scenes the lizard could glimpse during its short life, for in the next moment, the dagger plunged deep into its skull, driving it away from any possible salvation.

Amid all the corpses, I approached the monsters' bodies and, using the dagger once again, dismembered each of them. Undeterred by the blood gushing everywhere, I extracted the valuable magic stones from their bodies before storing them in the inventory.

"Grahhhh!"

Just as I finished my hard work of collecting, the rocky walls around me began to crack, and, like chicks cracking eggshells, the monsters appeared again.

Although this time, the monsters appeared to be dog-headed instead of those strange, abnormally large lizards seen only in fantasy books.

Kóbolds.

I would appreciate it if the monsters were more pleasing to the eye...

Though, in a way, the dungeon spawned a seemingly endless amount in the eyes of the adventurers; from what I heard, each floor could only produce a certain amount of monsters for a certain amount of time before they spawned again.

Of course, there were monsters from the lower floor that ran to an upper floor or monsters from the upper floor that ran to the lower floor, as shown in the anime; however, usually, the monsters remained on the same floor they appeared on.

"Grahhhh!"

The two-legged dog flew backward with its mass body twisting from my flying kick.

Seizing the moment as the kobold took down its companions in the process, I propelled myself forward and swung the trusty dagger at the skull of one of the monsters.

After killing the first, I tossed the lifeless body aside as if it were garbage and approached the next. With the same speed and lethality, my dagger penetrated deep into the kobold's neck, ending its life.

I leaped into the air, and doing a whole spin in the air to gain momentum on my legs, I brought him down.

*Boom!

*Crack!

The loud sound of bone cracking echoed in the other silent room. My feet were buried inside the monster's skull, flooding my shoes with blood.

Disgusting... I won't do something similar anymore.

I pulled my foot out and let out a long sigh. It was a stupid movement produced by the heat of the moment.

As the crack in the rocky ground caused by my kick recomposed to its natural shape, I waited for more monsters to appear. However, it seemed I was free for the moment.

Once again, I removed the mana-filled crystals from the monsters and stored them in my inventory. Then, I took one last look to ensure no more monsters appeared before I started walking towards one of the many corridors connected to other rocky rooms.

The dungeon stretched as far as the eye could see, in which there was no speck of light: corridors that branched off, crossroads, rocky descents. Here I made sure not to get lost, and with extreme attention to the surroundings, I walked while killing the monsters that crossed my path.

Thus I could reach the next floor of the dungeon, surprisingly, without getting lost.

Here you can find more chapters :3

www.patreon.com/TianXian

26