Chapter 29: Awakening
549 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note: Well, these chapters could be considered just a test. From now on, there will be no dramas since I'm not good at that XD.

========

In an alleyway illuminated by the glow of red street lamps, the sprawled figure of a girl could be seen.

Her eyes were tightly closed, and, were it not for the contractions of her beautiful but dirty face, one would say she was fast asleep. Her fluttering hair danced in the wind as she moved across the floor.

Beneath the girl was a strange substance. A golden, gelatinous substance that served as a slippery platform.

*Swoosh!

A gale blew past, causing some cracks to appear in the walls of the dwellings. A dark silhouette revealed itself to the front, and, as if sensing a connection, the substance twisted and twisted out from under the girl before shooting out towards the silhouette.

Adler aimed at the remaining stump, and the gelatinous substance, writhing, could attach itself to her missing arm.

"There's still a chance to save her...". Adler loaded Emily gently into a princess bag.

After unfolding a holographic map in his field of vision, he marked a location—the golden linear trace linked to a point on the other side of the Babel tower.

Adler stomped his foot and soared skyward. With each leap, he flew over the rooftops of a few houses. Although it attracted quite a bit of attention from the adventurers, Adler didn't mind.

Since the city was quite large, with his speed, it took him a good few minutes to reach the other end of the city. He passed by the location of the Tower of Babel, the guild, the "Northwest Shop of the Hephaestus Family" and stopped in front of the "Pharmacy of the Dian Cecht Family."

A large building made of smooth white stones. Above the door hung a sign with the name "Dian Cecht" and its respective symbol, composed of an orb of light surrounded by grass.

Most of the families were of the exploration type. However, there were also other types of Families, such as the business type, the industrial type, the medical type, and even the national type.

And as the name on the sign at the entrance suggested, the Dian Cecht Family was of the medical type, as it had a pharmacy in which it sold potions and related items, such as prosthetics, which were highly prized in the "Dark Ages" of Orario.

Adler entered the interior of the building, well lit by the glowing pearls embedded in the ceiling. Several shelves stretched across the room. On them could be seen different glass containers filled with thick liquids that were unpleasant to the eye.

Behind the counter in the center of the room sat a beautiful girl with somewhat wavy white hair. Her clothing consisted essentially of a white and blue suit with some yellow trim. On top of her white hair, she wore a white cap with gold trim.

The sound of hurried footsteps caused her to raise her expressionless face.

Her purple eyes roamed over the unknown hooded figure before lowering her gaze to the wounded and bloodied woman lying unconscious on the stranger's arm.

The girl stood up and introduced herself, "Welcome to the Dian Cecht family pharmacy. I am Airmid Teasananare, the captain and chief medical officer of the Dian Cecht Family."

"..."

Airmid paused for a moment and realized that the stranger was ignoring her. The hooded head moved from side to side as if searching for something.

"I see the girl is in critical condition. You have chosen a good place to treat her, as I am the best healer in Orario. Please follow me." Airmid turned around and headed towards the door of a room. A room that was mainly used to treat patients.

Airmid's ear picked up the hurried footsteps to another side of what she suggested. When she turned her face, she found the hooded figure pulling some herbs from the basket to the side and some high-quality potions.

"Please, even high-quality potions will not do to heal the wound inflicted on the woman in your arms. I can use my skill to treat her. Take her immediately to the room if you don't want her to die." Airmid's eyebrows raised slightly.

Airmid didn't seem to mind being robbed right under her nose; however, she didn't want to tolerate someone treating a patient who needed her help immediately so urgently. Watching the hooded man ignore her kind and well-meaning suggestions annoyed her.

"This is all I need...". The hooded man muttered, and the objects and herbs in his hand magically disappeared, startling Airmid.

In this world, there were no dimensional bags or objects with similar functions, so many adventurers hired "Support" to collect and mobilize the objects obtained inside the dungeon.

So one could imagine the impact it would cause if it were revealed to the crowd that someone possessed the ability to store an object in a different space. Ability or not, it was something completely new that would no doubt be coveted even by that powerful Familias!

Airmid's brain worked at high speed. Considering that they could safely transport the dungeon ingredients, it would certainly be quite beneficial for her Family to have this stranger with them.

With everything sorted out in her mind, Airmid contacted him.

"Hey-"

*Swoosh!

With her arms outstretched, Airmid stood static against the wind that blew, carrying her cap backward. The hooded man who was rummaging through her things earlier disappeared before her eyes.

She looked down at her feet and found a bag full of purple stones.

From start to finish, she was completely ignored...

***

In an empty alley, where the windows of the dwellings were sealed shut, illuminated by the few moonlights that spilled out, Adler appeared with Emily on his arm.

The woman was so pale that one could easily conclude by looking at her that she had died. However, the slight but faint puff of wind coming from her nostrils confirmed that she was still alive.

Adler gently lowered Emily to the ground.

"The 'Wrath' does not have the healing power. As for the one with the holy attribute, it will take a long time to wake up, and the energy consumption will be colossal. The 'Gluttony' is already almost complete, so a little push should help."

Muttering, Adler let out a sigh. He looked at the girl one last time before forming a claw with his fists pointed at his chest.

*Puchi!

With a wet sound, Adler's chest was pierced by his own hand. Touching a small hard object, he grabbed it and pulled it out. A reddish aura began to leave him, and his once firm body began to melt into a gelatinous form.

His fingers traced the surface of the core in his hand. It gave off a golden glow that cast its silhouette skyward. Countless tiny archaic symbols carved the surface of the core.

"I, the "Wrath," volunteer to be sacrificed to awaken the "Gluttony."

Magical words in an unknown language he never imagined he would one-day sing escaped Adler's lips, and before he completely melted, he dissolved into golden powders before being absorbed by the core.

*Clink!

The core fell to the ground with a clink, spinning around until it began to vibrate at high speed before rising a few feet off the ground.

*Swoosh!

Like the eye of a storm, the core spun to the point of appearing static to the naked eye, but curiously the wind did not alter in the slightest. It seemed as if the core was vibrating in a different space, distorting it.

The golden reflection was projected into the starry sky as if the sun was shining brightly in the middle of the night.

The sleeping adventurers couldn't help their closed eyes from being irritated by the sudden appearance of the golden light that spanned half the city. At the same time, those still gossiping about Adler's actions a few minutes ago in Ishtar's mansion began to wonder again what was happening. This time, however, even the gods and goddesses were interested.

A purple filament shot out from inside the golden core. Condensing slowly, the purple filament materialized into a purple core smaller than the golden one.

Slowly, the two cores rotated, and a gelatinous substance began to cover them. Twisting and expanding, a humanoid figure was created.

Adler's feet gently touched the ground. He looked down at his hand and couldn't help but let out a murmur.

"What the hell happened?"

Here you can read up to 15 advanced chapters :3

www.patreon.com/TianXian

20