Chapter 31: A cheerful morning
1.9k 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Throughout the night, the previous events filled my mind. Questions continued to keep me tied to the last point without being able to get out of it.

Trying to find immediate answers to my doubts was just a way to keep me mentally tired. The only thing I could do for the moment was to increase my power and prevent something similar from happening again.

Thus, immersed in my thoughts, the night flew by in the blink of an eye. The noisy adventurers waking up and going to the first floor for breakfast were quite annoying.

Sunlight was starting to sneak into the room, so with no choice, I lifted my lazy ass.

"Gluttony my ass. I'm a sloth." I crawled out of bed and pulled out some white clothes and battered pajamas.

"I wonder if it'll work...".

Muttering, I made my body form a golden ball again.

[Are you sure about using the "Analysis" skill?]

[Yes] [No]

The piled-up clothes were consumed inside my gelatinous body before a screen floated in front of me again.

[The clothes are being analyzed!"]

[After processing all the clothes, the "Sleeping Pajamas" can be created —With the number of materials, three pajamas can be created —Do you want to create it?"]

[Yes] [No]

"Create."

The energy I consumed to create something certainly was great, but creating something as simple as pajamas were no problem at all, being a different case when I had created the pills, where almost half of my energy was drained.

[The "Sleeping Pajamas" was successfully created and saved in the "Inventory"].

I pulled a pajama from the inventory and scanned it. It was identical to the previous one; the only thing different was the texture. This one lacked the softness that the original had, but considering I had used other materials, it made sense.

I got dressed in my pajamas and went down to the first floor.

I greeted the man and declined his kind offer of a morning meal. I left the inn and marked a spot on the map to guide me.

The streets were quite busy from the early hours of the day, especially along the main west street, where I was walking.

This was my destination today.

My steps stopped in front of a pub. It was a two-story building made mostly of white stones and carved wooden decorations. "Hostess of Fertility" was inscribed on a sign on the left side of the entrance, along with a crossed fork and knife symbol protruding above.

The meals and the beautiful maids made this pub the most famous among the adventurers of Orario. Also, this was the place where my favorite waifu worked.

That cute and sweet gray-haired girl.

While appreciating the view outside, my eyes were drawn to something. Behind the double doors with wood carvings decorating them, I could catch the silhouette of someone peeking out.

"The pub is still closed-nya~! Come back later-nya~!"

Oh, she said nya~! Hearing a girl say something like that was somehow exciting. However, her words felt like I was doused with cold water. I let out a defeated sigh and turned to leave.

"Wait-nya~!" The girl's shout stopped me. With hurried steps, the girl came out from inside the pub.

I turned to greet her. She was a girl with green eyes that stood out like gems among her short black hair. Her feline ears, along with her black-colored cat tail, wagged as she approached me.

"This... Do you need anything?"

"It's you-nya~! That famous person who's circulating in the mouths of our customers-nya~!"

Famous? She should be talking about my appearance and not what happened last night. Yes, that must be it. It was impossible for me to be discovered with the hood hiding my face and body, not to mention that I had "lost" my arm during the battle.

"Famous, huh? It doesn't seem so bad to me, really..." I muttered and looked at the girl who was shorter than me. Her bright, curious eyes bore into mine, "Is there something you need from me, kitten?".

"I-I'm not a kitten-nya~!" She jumped back like a scared kitten. With her hair standing on end, she looked at me suspiciously, "You're new to Ora-."

"Stop causing trouble first thing in the morning and get your little ass over here!"

"Nya~!"

The catgirl's words got stuck in her throat. A harsh scream was spat out of the pub door, startling even passersby.

"Hah~ there it is. Mia Mama is angry again." I heard the female whisper inside the pub.

The catgirl's body shuddered, and her expression was amusing to contemplate. Huh? Before I could do anything, the catgirl approached me, and her soft hands cornered mine.

"Come take the punishment with me-nya~!".

"Hah?! Why should I do something like that? Stupid cat!". I couldn't help but curse the cat girl for her irrational thought.

I tried to disengage my arm from this girl's grip, only to realize it was useless. Why was she so strong, this cat?

Her hands squeezed me like a pincer, and surprisingly, even with my strength compared to that of a level 3 adventurer, I couldn't break free.

"Are you sure you're not an adventurer-nya~?" As she dragged me inside the pub through the double doors, the catgirl blinked in surprise.

Shit! I wanted to slap my face for my stupidity. That's what happens when you act first and then think.

But even I didn't imagine that girl to be that strong; I don't remember that being mentioned in the first season either, except for Ryuu and that giant dwarf, who I know was strong from some spoilers.

"Ahh, I was working out." I smiled stiffly as I spat out a stupid, nonsensical answer.

The catgirl made an expression that said, "You seriously expect me to believe in that nonsense-nya~?".

"Look who I found stalking us-nya~!"

As they entered, the bell jingle rang, and the excited scream of the catgirl attracted the attention of the female employees of this pub. Yes, seriously, it makes me want to pull this wagging tail.

"Let me guess-nya~ You've caught another unlucky young man-nya~."

Another catgirl jumped towards us. She had brown hair and eyes and a tail of the same color. And like all the female employees of this pub, she wore a green dress with long sleeves and a white collar on top, a white apron, and a tiara adorning her head—black stockings covered by short brown booties.

I think her name was Anya, and the previous one Chloe. A pair of silly cats...

"It's the first time I caught a truly handsome boy-nya~." Chloe put on a proud expression.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I pursed my lips.

"Nya~." With little hops, Anya wrapped her arms around me. Her brown eyes looked me up and down while her little nose twitched every time she sniffed my scent. "How weird-nya~ he doesn't have any scent-nya~."

... I honestly regret coming here. I thought about using my legs and leaving this place as fast as possible; however, Chloe still held me, prisoner in her clutches.

"Anyway, nice to meet you-nya~ I'm Anya-nya~."

I tried my best to hold back my laughter at her name, "I don't know if I'm nice to meet you since I was kidnapped, but you can call me Adler, Anya~."

"Nya~! Why do I feel like you're making fun of my name-nya~?!" Anya jumped up, throwing a tantrum. Her little protruding fangs were cute.

"You can call me Chloe-nya~."

"Okay, Chloe. My frail arms can't take any more. I'd appreciate it if you'd let go of me."

"Don't ignore me-nya~!"

"You two! Stop causing trouble and kick the ass of the adventurer you brought. The tavern is still closed!"

I looked towards the shout and behind the long table to prepare their things; I came across a dwarf who could easily be described as a giantess compared to these catgirls. She had brown eyes and long brown hair with two bangs on either side of her face. Discarding her blue-colored dress, her entire outfit followed the same pattern as the other girls.

"Impossible! Handsome young men's butts are sacred-nya~!" Chloe squeezed my arm between her chest, and I dodged her hand that was going for my butt.

Hey, my purity is in trouble.

"Ha ha ha! It was a joke. Anyway, Chloe and Anya, you guys will cover double time during the day." The dwarf's grin widened as she wiped the glass tumbler with a rag.

"Noo! How can this be this-nya~!" Anya slumped over as Chloe tried to pinch my butt.

"Hey, horny cat, leave my butt alone." I grabbed the cat's tail and pulled hard. Surprisingly it was pretty soft and fluffy.

"Nyaaah~!" Chloe's body shuddered. Her cheeks flushed, and her eyes went unfocused for a moment. I seized the opportunity to escape from her perverted clutches.

Nice, it's time to escape!

===========

Here you can read up to 15 advanced chapters :3

www.patreon.com/TianXian

23