Vol: 1 Ch: 2: New Pupil & Dinner
120 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Age 780, Bulma's House 

They had arrived at West City and saw that it was in a slightly better shape. Only some of the buildings were destroyed, Bulma's house and a few others were still standing but had some damage to it. 

They landed in front of the house as Trunks opened the door and led them inside, towards the dining room. "Come in and sit where you want, mom should be home soon, she'll want to talk to you guys." Trunks said 

"That's fine, we can wait." Gohan said as he walked to a window and stared out at it as he watched the sun slowly set. Ginnie looked around for a bit before standing next to him. Trunks sat down at the kitchen table.

They sat in silence for a while until Trunks asked, "Gohan, Is this what life is supposed to be like… so full of pain and suffering? I can't go on watching and doing nothing. Please train me, Gohan. I want to fight… I need to do something." Trunks said as he stood up from his chair, and started crying, turning to Gohan.

Gohan continued to stare out the window as he listened to Trunks, remembering when he used to bargain with his mom to let him train with his dad. How he wanted to train so that he could help his dad, Trunks reminded Gohan of himself when he was younger. Gohan was thinking that if he could get Ginnie and Trunks to turn Super Saiyans they could hopefully take care of that monster. If the two of them become Super Saiyans then they could become great sparring partners as well.

"I'm half Saiyan just like you two I can help… Please l want to help!" Trunks said as he walked up to them.

"... Gohan do we really need him, even if he's half Saiyan, he seems like a cry baby." Ginnie said, looking at Trunks with a frown. Trunks looked at Ginnie, surprised at her attitude. 

"Ginnie, what did I say about being rude." Gohan said, looking at her.

"... Don't be rude." Ginnie said, looking at Gohan with a frown. "Unless they deserve it." Ginnie mumbled.

"Ginnie you know that's now what I said, now apologize to Trunks, he's going to be training with us from now on and I don't want any bad blood between the two of you." Gohan said as he looked at Ginnie.

"Fine." Ginnie said as she crossed her arms in front of her, huffing before looking at the ground, then back up at Trunks, "I'm sorry for being rude." Ginnie said

"It's ok...Wait…training together does that mean…" Trunks asked as Gohan walked up to him.

"Yes, Trunks from now on I will be training you too, so you will be my second pupil, understood?" Gohan said as he looked at Trunks. "Ginnie will be your senior, so I want the both of you to get along." 

"Right I won't let you down Gohan." Trunks said as he smiled at Gohan.

"You better not." Gohan heard Ginnie whisper. Causing him to glance at her, "I mean, yes Gohan, we will get along."

"Would you guys like to stay for dinner?" Trunks asked as he wiped his tears and smiled at them.

"Sure, that will be nice." Gohan said smiling, as he walked back towards the window; later they heard someone climbing the stairs.

"Trunks are you home?" A woman carrying some food said, "Or should I start cooking enough food for one… oh, Gohan is that you… long time no see." The woman said, looking at Gohan and Ginnie standing next to the window.

Gohan turned his head around and saw Bulma who looked exactly the same as 13 years ago, "Bulma." Gohan gave her a nod, before turning to look out the window again.

"Now who's the young lady… your girlfriend, isn't she a little young for you Gohan? If you want I can introduce you to someone a little older." Bulma said as she walked into the kitchen, before walking back out.

"What No! He's not my boyfriend." Ginnie shouted as she stepped away from Gohan, to look at Bulma. 

"... No, this is Ginnie, she's Raditz's daughter." Gohan said looking at Bulma, "I don't have time for dating."

"Right, I think I remember seeing her, back when… your dad passed." Bulma said with a sad sigh as she walked back into the kitchen, "I'm guessing you found Trunks in that city and brought him home. Are you guys staying the night? If you do just know we have plenty of room, but not enough beds… so we might have to share." Bulma said sticking her head out of the kitchen smiling, as she looked at Gohan, with a weird look.

"... I think we're good." Gohan said, looking at Bulma. "We don't want to impose." Gohan said looking at Bulma 

"Yeah, we just wanted to drop Trunks off safely before leaving." Ginnie said "... Oh and eat, Trunks invited us for dinner."

"Oh… that's a shame…I mean That was nice of him."  Bulma said as she went back inside the kitchen. "Are you sure you don't want to stay? We have running water."

"Running Water!?" Ginnie asked excitedly, 

"Yeah, we are pretty self sufficient. My dad made sure of it before he left, we have water, lights and a few other things." Bulma said from the kitchen as she could be heard cooking.

"Gohan we're staying, I need a proper shower." Ginnie said as she grabbed Gohan by the arms, looking up into his eyes.

"Haha… alright I guess we're staying the night, Bulma." Gohan said, looking down at Ginnie.

"That's wonderful, it will be nice having some company again. Trunks be a dear and show Ginnie to my bathroom." Bulma said as she walked out of the kitchen, "Ginnie I might have some clothes that should fit you. After you shower wait for me and we can find some clothes that might fit you." 

"Yes, thank you!" Ginnie shouted as she jumped into the air laughing, before Ginnie pulled Trunks by the hand, "Where's the bathroom take me there now." 

Gohan smiled as he saw how happy Ginnie was, as she pulled Trunks out of the room. "Speaking of Dr. Briefs, where is he and your mom, where did they go?" Gohan asked turning to look at Bulma

"They're helping set up some shelters where people can have running water, and lights they come by when they can." Bulma said as she walked back into the kitchen. "Also, There's a second bathroom you can use to shower too."

"That's nice of them, we need places where people can be safe and take shelter."  Gohan said as he watched her go into the kitchen again. "No thank you, I'm good." Gohan said as Trunks walked back into the dining room.

"Oh, no you're going to shower as well, I didn't want to say anything earlier but you smell. Follow me we have a second shower that you are going to use and I can throw your clothes in the wash." Bulma said as she walked back out of the kitchen and looked at Gohan. "If you're staying for dinner, then you are going to shower, now follow me."

"...There's no need, I remember the way." Gohan said, looking at Bulma.

"This isn't up for discussion, do you even know how to use the washing machine?" Bulma asked

"...no, we usually hand wash our clothes." Gohan said, looking away from Bulma. "I almost forgot about your temper." Gohan said laughing.

"I thought so, this also gives me a chance to wash Ginnie's clothes as well." Bulma said looking at Gohan, "Trunks let the food cook for five more minutes then turn the stove off." Bulma said as she walked out of the dining room. "I don't have an attitude problem, now follow me or you won't eat." 

Gohan smiled as he walked behind Bulma, remembering how angry she could get. They soon reached the second bathroom as Bulma opened the door.

"Here you go put your clothes in this basket, while I go check on Ginnie. Don't forget to use shampoo."  Bulma said as she walked out of the bathroom.

Gohan stripped his clothes off and then stepped into the shower. Gohan turned on the shower and as soon the water hit his skin he felt relief. Gohan couldn't remember the last time he showered, he sighed deeply as the warm water washed over his tired body. Gohan didn't know how long he had been in the shower when he heard the door open.

"Hey, Gohan, I brought you some clothes and I'm going to put your clothes in the wash." Bulma said

"Thanks Bulma, but don't put the armor in the wash or it will lose its elasticity and it belonged to Raditz." Gohan said

"I know they lose their elasticity, I made the mistake of washing Vegeta's armor once and I ruined it. I had to make him a new one, because he wouldn't stop complaining." Bulma sighed. 

"Yeah, that sounds like something Vegeta would do." Gohan chuckled. "How's Ginnie doing?"

"Ginnie is ok, she's happy that we have running water. I let her choose some clothes from my closet that should fit her and now she's trying them on. She's smiling so much, it's kind of infectious." Bulma said 

"That's good, thank you Bulma." Gohan said, "I'll be out soon, see you in the kitchen." 

"Ok, Gohan, we need to have a conversation after dinner and after the kids go to bed." Bulma said as she walked out of the bathroom, before Gohan could reply.

Gohan stepped out of the shower a few minutes later, found a towel, and dried himself before putting on the clothes Bulma left for him. It was some jeans, a black short sleeve shirt with a white Capsule Corp logo, some blue boxers, white socks and some black tennis shoes.

Gohan walked out of the bathroom and ran into Ginnie who was wearing a blue shirt sleeve shirt, some jeans, some white tennis shoes, and had her hair tied up with her red ribbon, "Hey, what's up? Gohan asked 

"Oh, hey Gohan… I was so excited to take a shower that I wasn't paying attention and I don't remember how to get back to the dining room." Ginnie said

"... Haha, come on, I know the way." Gohan said as he led the way to the dining room.

"Don't laugh at me, this place is big and it's not that often I get to take a shower." Ginnie said, punching Gohan in the arm.

"Sorry, sorry don't hit me." Gohan said laughing as they reached the dining room where Bulma and Trunks were waiting for them at the dining table. 

"What's so funny, care to share with the rest of us?" Bulma asked, looking at them, with a smile.

"Nothing… thank you for the clothes Bulma." Ginnie said with a smile.

"You're welcome dear, just because you're a fighter doesn't mean that you can't wear nice clothes, or be clean." Bulma said with a smile, "Now sit down and eat."

Gohan and Ginnie sat down as Bulma served them dinner, "Here you guys go I made extra knowing how much you Saiyans eat." Bulma said as she put the food on the table.

Gohan was surprised by the amount of food, it was enough for all of them, even three hungry Saiyans. Gohan hadn't seen such good looking food since the last time he ate his mom's cooking. 

"Thank you Bulma!" Ginnie said as she dug in and started eating everything she could get her hands on, rice, meat, vegetables, and other food

Gohan watched with a small smile on his face before he dug in as well.

They all ate, laughed and talked about what life was before as they enjoyed their time together until the food ran out. "That was delicious Bulma, if you don't mind me asking where did you get all the food?" Ginnie asked as Bulma put the dishes in the sink.

"We have our own greenhouse and you don't want to know where the meat came from." Bulma said, "Now, it's getting late you two need to go to bed, Trunks, why don't you show Ginnie where we keep the beds. Don't worry about the lack of beds, we will figure something out." Bulma said walking out of the kitchen.

"But, I'm not tired, and I want to hear more about what life was like. " Trunks said looking at Bulma 

"Yeah, what he said I'm not tired. Also, Gohan never talks this much about the past before." Ginnie said 

"Ginnie go to sleep you have to get up early tomorrow for training." Gohan said, looking at her.

"Same goes for you Trunks, go to bed." Bulma said, looking at Trunks.

"Ok, good night Gohan." Ginnie said as she hugged Gohan and then Bulma, "Bulma… Thank you for the clothes." Ginnie said as she walked to the door and waited for Trunks.

"Ok, mom, goodnight mom, Gohan." Trunks said as he walked out of the room.

"Now that they're going to sleep, follow me, we need to talk Gohan. " Bulma said, looking at him, before getting up, grabbing a bottle of wine and two glasses before walking out of the dining room.

____

(AN: There's going to be one more chapter like this, it's just to explain a few more things that's happened.)

1