Prologue
455 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the blazing sun, within a sea of red stood a lone white flower, swaying gently in the wind as if dancing to the graceful tune of nature.

A subtle but delectable fragrance slowly spreads from the flower, enticing the nearby insects to fly toward it. Hooked by the smell emitted from the flower, the insects were drawn away from the other red flowers and started racing to be the first to reach the white flower.

Suddenly, a strange fly that seemed to be emitting some weird purple aura shot past the other insects taking the lead, crashing into and throwing all other competition away until all the other insects feared it and didn't dare to go near it anymore. After the brutal demonstration by the fly, the other insects scurried away doing their best not to be the last to leave in order to not become like the ones that were made an example of.

After making sure all the other competitors have left the area, the fly flew to the flower with glee, buzzing a joyful hymn due to being able to keep the delicious scent all to itself. Sadly, the poor fly would never get a chance to enjoy whatever the source of the enticing smell emitted from the flower was.

Because the instant the fly landed on the petals of the flower, it was trapped. Its legs were stuck in some sticky substance that coated the petals of the flower, the petals then quickly curled shut, covering up the fly and not letting it escape. Inside the curled-up flower, it proceeded to secrete an acid to melt the fly.

However, being as prideful as it was, the fly was unwilling to die like this, the fly did its best to flap its wings and attempt to break free. Even going as far as trying to rip off its own legs to free itself from the sticky coating, but alas as time passed, the poor fly slowly lost strength and didn't have the power to break free from the sticky substance nor to break past the petals that covered it anymore, all it could do was create a loud buzzing sound as if it was showing its final struggle to the world.

Five Minutes later, the buzzing ceased, and the flower slowly unfurled but nothing flew out, the fly was no more.

 

The strange purple aura from the fly, however, lingered in the air for a bit before it was slowly absorbed into the flower. The white flower once again danced lightly in the wind as the enticing smell was released into the air once more.

 

『Required Mana levels have been met. Qualifications have been met. All Evolutionary conditions have been fulfilled.』

『The user is able to evolve into a new monster, do you accept? (YES/NO)』

 

Suddenly, a weird notification blinked into existence out of nowhere after the purple aura fully disappeared into the flower, the strange thing was if one were to walk by the flower, they would see nothing unusual as if only the flower could see it.

Sadly, the flower did not have a mind nor a will that would allow it to process what was going on in front of it, for it was but a simple flower. The normal flower would never be able to respond to the notification and the notification could do nothing but stay there floating in front of the flower until its death. Or at least that's what was supposed to happen.

An entire day had passed since the fly became nutrients for the flower and the strange notification box appeared, that's when it suddenly vanished and in the next instance, the strange bell-like sound rang out once more.

 

『Administrator C has approved evolution for User.』

『Evolution shall now commence...』

 

The instant the new notification appeared, the beautiful white flower rapidly wilted as if time was accelerated for it.

Its pure white petals rapidly turned a brownish-yellow and dangled from the flowers stem, the long beautiful green stem quickly became brown and hollow causing the flower to bend over due to not being able to support its own weight anymore and even the roots underneath shriveled up and disappeared. The flower lay there on the ground seemingly dead, but at the bottom of its stem hid a large amount of life energy, allowing the flower to enter a half-dead state where it was alive even after every part of it seemed to have died.

9