Chapter 4 – Yoga or Yorgtha
47 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I jump what feels like 10 meters into the sky. I start jumping from tree to tree. Emulating Tarzan from Disney but without the vines. I pull out a Great bow and start trying to shoot a target that already got away. Also missing my shot by 90 degrees. I didnt know how to use a bow. But it seems like relevant skill to start learning.

"Yagoshka should we continue following it." Thats me. I didnt know this, but this body was known as a legendary figure thats rarely seen. All around the surrounding territory.

The name Yagoshka is from the old language that used to be spoken by the locals, before the kingdom started making language standardization mandatory. Thats something that happened about 80 years ago. Only a few elders speak it, continuing the tradition.

I managed to learn the language, finally able to talk. I asked the three men about the world, the current technology level, ecology, geopolitics. Just about everything, when they told me the name i am known as and the legend surrounding me. I started asking more about the things related to me.

They told me that the surrounding forest and land is called Yorgtha. I tried asking the men for more of what they knew about me. But they didnt know anything else.

The reason that this is very interesting. Is because the name Yagoshka and Yorgtha seems vaguely similar to Yorgoth. The split mind never mentioned this, but this place could be influenced by Yorgoth previously. But what every he had before is completely gone.

As any mention of gods being worshiped is vague. The only thing i was told, was that there were pagan cultists that got taken out by the kingdom. Something that the seems to be pretty common. Something that all countries in this world have in common is that they all hate any and all kinds of religion.

That will complicate things for me. I thought that if i started a religion, i could schmooze off of them and feed my god complex. Also getting help from my only contact to the broader universe could help.

"Sir. Are you okay." My long period of contemplation is broken by Merar.

"Huh. Oh yea. i am fine. Lets just get back to the cabin." I jump down from the really high tree branch. The ground concaves from my impact. I walk off towards the cabin uncaring. Such feats of impossible athleticism have long started being taken for granted by me.

"Yeah. What do you want for dinner." Merar has become much more relaxed around me as the weeks went by. At this point his position as the cook was solidified. His skills at cooking also improved.

"I have a craving for soup or aspic." I rub my belly. Think about how to prepare meats in other ways then just roasts/fires. I miss grain foods, but the only thing that could be found are herbs, wild vegetables and wild fruits.

All of them are smaller and more sour/bitter compared to the industrial farm variety. Dont even think about anything else. Bread and pasta needs flour and eggs. Both things are difficult to find in high enough amounts to bother. Cheese or ice cream would need milk. Soda needs a soda stream. Well it is made of carbon dioxide, couldnt i just blow really hard into water and carbonate it.

"Yagoshka I need help." Rocco runs out to us, breathing roughly he stops us. Just as we arrived.

"Whats the matter, why are you so distressed." His eyes look like they are about to jump out of his sockets.

"The Hujia village is being harassed. A noble from Burnheart is killing everyone as he pleases." He is panicking as he relays the information. Talking about nonsense, as if i know who the Hujia village or Burnheart nobles are.

"Its my old village, my family is there. You need to go there." He holds my collar and tries to shake me.

"Okay lead me there, we'll see what could be done." I pat him. His small frame that seemed to be, about to explode calmed down slightly. Still a big ball of nerves.

As we started preparing to go. Both Rievis and Merar refuse to go with us. It seems like even Rocco doesnt want to go, if only his family wasnt threatened. I would also be worried, but after almost a month with a body like this. I have yet to find something able to even vaguely threaten me. I am built different.

Rather then just go with average speed. I pick up Rocco and give him a piggyback ride. He screams in my ear to go certain directions. Eventually after going threw the same river about the fifth time. He finally manages to get the right path for me to reach the village

Past the horizon the village is located near an incline under a natural overpass. Creating a great defensible point. With a chokehold that could be defended from a good range.

I jump over the trees, negating the need to weave past them. In just moments after seeing the village. I start making it really close, eventually reaching the front area. Rocco jumps off of me and runs inside. I follow closely behind.

"Young master. what is your order." A man wearing expensive looking black clothes half bows to a teenage looking kid

"Kill them." The kid limply waves his hand. Motioning for his servant to kill a woman and man pair.

"STOP!" Rocco screams just as execution was about to start.

"Who dares contradict me." The teenager howls, His face is a disproportionate ugly scowl.

"Rocco how dare you show your face here." The man that was about to be executed talks. His eyes are already bloodshot from crying.

"How dare i not. As family members i have a duty."

"Duty, you would ha-"

"SHUT UP. stop ignoring me. Gabriel KILL THEM." The teenagers screeches. The servant just nods and runs towards them His hand inside his breast pocket ready to pull something out.

"Woah not so fast." I give a small leap and stop him in his tracks. Using the butt end of my battle axe.

He trys to ignore me and slash at me. Sensing the the approaching blade being aimed at my wrist. With my newly gained instincts i swat away at his hand. Quickly repositioning the pummel of my battle axe. I aim it at his neck and jab.

Gabriel the servant falls to the ground. He grasps his throat and breaths in short gasps. Gives me a side eye, unbelieving the situation. His master steps back in shock. His face betrays him and shows his deep fear.

"What. How dare you fucking bastard. If kill your self, then i might not kill your family." The teenager screams. fear apparent, but doesnt seem like it deters him.

I only respond with a raised eyebrow. The servant looks at his master, face aghast. He looks completely defeated. I take a step forward and the teenager starts screaming obscenities. How could there be such a murderous bastard.

"Why are you so confident" I start taking steps forward.

"Please Hidden expert. Let us go. We will leave and never comeback." He rushes infront of me.

"Never comeback. You coward, do think my family will let this go. Not just this hillbilly, but you will also be executed." Like someone possessed. He starts screaming obscenities and insults at both me and the servant.

"Master please." At this point he looks at his master. as if he wants to murder him.

Goddamn it. Seem Like no matter what happens a petty person like that will never let it go. It looks like i will have to kill him. Honestly killing him would be a public service. Sensing the vibe change and his master cornering him. The servant doesnt bother talking anymore and just jumps at me.

I swing my battle axe, expecting to bisect him in two. But as the assassin like servant already expected me to be strong, he dodges. Almost like a rag floating in the wind, he twisted around my battle axe. The axe head is more similar to an anvil that had a section vaguely sharpened to be thinner. So it cant be avoided or blocked easily.

Using his Knife on the axe blade. He managed to use the momentum to push himself out of the way. Completely destroying the knife. With his back exposed due to his weird movement. I see the perfect opportunity to attack

He flares using weird movement to do something. But before he finishes his action. I shoulder check him. Moments during impact we come face to face. His eyes are blood shot, reflecting an image of my sides. Huh?

Ouch. Motherfucker. Looking down i see a second blade that drops down. He must have shoved his spare blade, when i rammed into him. Looking at his flung body, He scrambles to his feet. But doesnt turn back, he is trying to run away. Motherfucker.

reaching around my back and pulling out my hatchet. As he is sprinting i wind up a throw. time seems to have stopped, as the first ever real fight ignites my battle instincts. Looking at the motionless silhouette. I throw the hatchet ahead of him. The fast throw Hits his left leg. almost missing.

With a crippled leg catching up is trivially easy. I grab him from the scruff of his neck. Suddenly feeling a prickling under my skin. I pull the body up quickly. Swinging it around. A deep gash is cut across him.

A third party attacked me and i used the servant as a human shield. Looking at the culprit it seems to be the Noble brat. He has a glowing silver sword. It seems like he isnt just empty fumes. He can fight.

I throw the body at him and he doesnt seem fazed as he swung his sword. Bisecting what remained of his servant. I also dont let up, as i swing my battle axe right behind the body. The Noble reacts fast and blocks the battle axe.

He couldnt have picked a worse choice. Almost like its not there. The sword is pushed aside and his upper half disappeared. A few seconds later the lower half falls down.

0