Chapter 5: Status inspection
64 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hello! It's the double release I promised! And it's the introduction of status nothethess(and some common sense, but just a little bit). And thank god for the Scribblehub editor and it's table maker. I don't want to remember the day when I battled with Excel to make the status screen only for it to be insuitable for copying into text editors. And I don't want to do a print screen every time I change something. Well, now that my blabbering is over, enjoy the double release!

I woke up because of extreme hunger. Why are babies so fuel-inefficient? All they do is sleep and eat. Maybe that's where they get energy to cry so loud? They are saving it for the ultimate trump card that allows them to control people. And I see no reason why couln't I use it too.

But still, I slept for a long time. It's already dark. I can tell because of the large window that I'm vaguely able to spot on my right. I pity my mother but I could die of hunger by the morning. It's time to eat my fill.

[Waa!Waa!Waa!]

I heard steps and a woman came.

[Are you hungry? You must be hungry. Come here, cutie.]

She's not mother. Is she my wet nurse? Possible, considering the obvious wealth of my parents. Clever. The mother can sleep while a wet nurse keeps the watch at night. She picked me up and placed me on her lap after sitting comfortably in the armchair in the corner of the room. She seems to be in her 30's and deffinitely pretty but she doesn't hold a candle to my mother. Well, the only woman I have seen more beautiful than her is Caligo. And she's a goddess. Pretty high up in the ladder, I must say. Speaking of Caligo, I wonder when she's going to talk to me through divine protection? She said she will be able to do that 'occasionally', but often is it? Are there some kind of conditions? It doen't matter for now. The meal is waiting.

I streched my hands towards the wet nurse's cleawage and let out the cutest sound I could muster.

[Guu]

[Now, now. I know you're hungry but you wont drink from my clothes, don't you?]

She smiled sweetly at me and gave me gentle headpats. The cute sound thing came out terrible, in my opinion, but it seems my intention got through. The wet nurse unbuttoned her shirt and from there spilled a pair of magnificent mountains.

I change my mind. I'm lucky for being a child. Without futher ado I digged into the symbol of motherhood, a soft mound full of flavour and sweetness. It tastes a bit different than mother but its still delicious.

{Enjoying yourself?}

I stiffened for a little bit, but then I immeditely relaxed when I recognised the voice resounding in my head.

(Why shouldn't I? There's nothing sexual in it, I'm just enjoying the taste and feeling. Though I certainly wouldn't mind if it was you here instead of her, Caligo.)

{What are you spouting about, you..! Still, if it's you... t-then I woudn't mind it...}

I can easily imagine her cute blush as I drink the milk. Though it's a little unexpected, it's a welcome treat.

(Well, we'll see what future brings. But now, Caligo, what are the conditions for our communication? I was startled when you talked to me all of the sudden.)

{The only condition for our communication is you having magic energy in your body. I didn't talk to you when you've been awake earlier, because at that time it was only ten or so hours after you were born and your magic was unstable because of your reincarnation. It was a little lonely when I couldn't talk to you but you are a cute child and I enjoyed watching you sleeping.}

Whoa girl, you got lonely after not talking to me for one day? Well, I guess it's okay. Our relationship is new.

(So it's like that. Understandable.)

I'm now full. It was a satisfying meal. I stopped sucking on my wet nurse's nipple and reached out to her burying myself in her bountiful breasts while at it. So soft. She smiled at me.

[It seems that you ate your fill. I'll take you to your bed soon, cutie.]

She put me back on her lap, buttoned her shirt up and mended the wrinkles on her clothes before picking me up. She rested me on her shoulder and pat me gently on my back. After I burped a couple of times I was put into the baby bed.

[Good night, little young master.]

Ohh, I was called young master! Being called that gives me a little tickling sensation.

I was left alone. Should I sleep? No, I am able to talk to Caligo now, I have some questions.

{You really seemed to like being buried between those breasts.}

I can feel some contempt in Caligo's voice.

(Oh, come on. That kind of thing is every man's dream. You don't know how many times I regreted not being able to feel anything when I was lying on your's.}

{...(blush)}

I can almost see it, the image of embarrased Caligo.

(Anyway, I wanted to ask you something.)

{...Yes?}

(Earlier you told me that my unstable magic was settling in my body, no? That reminded me of our contract. You said that being your divine child would increase the amount of my magic. I was wondering, is there some way to check it?)

{Oh, so it's about that. It's easy. You just need to check your status.}

(How?)

{Just say 'status' and think about what you want to see. Wait you can't talk yet. Just think about it while saying it in your mind.}

(Status.)

As soon as I thought it a transparent window popped out in front of me. It looks modern. Let's take a look.

Name Christopher Vasquez Strength 1(25)
Race Human Agility 1(30)
Age 2 days Dexterity 1(20)
Level 1 Inteligence 75
HP 10 Perception 10(50)
MP 750 Vitality 1(20)
Affinities [Light][Fire][Abyss][Void][Darkness][Neutral]
Skills  
Innate skills [Analyzing Eye][Concealment-EX]
Titles

[Reincarnator][Divine Child of Primodial Goddess Caligo]

This status looks really game-like, it's like I'm looking at the character window of a classic RPG game. Let's see, my MP and Inteligence are considerably higher than HP and the rest of stats, propably because of my contract with Caligo. But there are couple of things I don't understand. First of all, what are those numbers in brackets? They seem pretty high. And why do I have two innate skills? Caligo mentioned only one, the Concealment that I was bestowed along with her affinities. And it's Concealment-EX, I'll ask about it later.

(Caligo, just for reference, do you know what is the status of regular child?)

{Average newborn baby has all statistics other than Inteligence at 1. Inteligence should vary between 1 and 5 and if they are exceptional, they can have around 10. Hp and MP stats are multiplied by ten from respectively Vitality and Inteligence. Newborns don't have any skill, exept for innate ones, but those are extremly rare.}

I compared the information she just gave me to my status screen.

(Caligo, I feel like I might be a monter.)

{How so?}

I then explained my status to her. After that she was silent for a while.

{...Yes, from the mortal's perspective you indeed are a monster.}

2