Chapter 3: face reveal
106 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In response to my request she takes out the Angles reflection. How dare they deface my creation like that! I only misspelled the name in the submission form, and they changed it to reflect that.

Before I get to voice my complaints, I catch a glimpse of my reflection and am drawn in like a moth to a flame. 

The first thing I notice is my deep red eyes. They match the color of the staff’s crystal. The next thing I notice is the sparkling of electricity around my body, which in turn causes me to notice the slight pearlessence in my pristine white fur.

I have slightly more animalistic features compared to the game's default foxkin, including a full covering of fur, and a muzzle with fangs. 

I strike a few poses, and wave my long fluffy tail around. It’s longer than my torso, and when I lay it flat against my back, it reaches above my ears.

I only notice the fact that I am not wearing any clothes now. I mean it doesn’t really matter with my fur, but some of my clothes were magical in nature, like my necklace! Where is it!

My head snaps to Danievel and I ask her “where is my necklace?”

She shrugs her shoulders, which looks kinda odd when you have four arms. 

“What is its name?” she asks in return.

“It’s of the same set as my staff, so it’s named Anana’s necklace” Say what you want, but names have never been my strong suit. Didn’t matter when I made stuff for commission though, clients usually wanted to name stuff themselves.

“I put it in your inventory, alongside some food and water. I don’t think you’ll need it, but I gave it to you anyway.”

I took it out of my inventory, and held it out in my hands. Three medium sized red gems, with a slightly larger one hanging below. Everything but the crystals is the same color as my fur, so it should blend into my fur.

Putting it on reveals that it does blend into my fur and causes me to pose a bit more in front of the mirror.

Danievel takes me out of my reflection by starting to talk. “I need to go now, but should you need to talk with me, just offer a prayer. Also, try to feel for the cardinal directions. You need to head north to get back to civilized lands.”

With that last statement, she disappeared in a burst of fire and brimstone. I have to admit, that was pretty cool. So I try to offer a prayer at her saying so.

In return I got her excited voice resonating in my head with a “I know right!?”

Cool that it’s possible, but a bit much though. Kinda caused my head to ring for a bit afterwards.

So, what now? Continue to look at my reflection or get away from the deadly abominations that might kill me? The answer is simple really, remain alive so that I can look more later!

So how do I ‘feel’ the cardinal directions? As I focus on the question, five directions feel different. Kinda odd how I just feel directions. But which one is north? Again, one of them comes to mind, or more like it becomes clear in my mind. There are four cardinal directions, right? Why are there five “directions” in my mind then?

Anyway, I start by reluctantly stow away the mirror and walking in the direction that feels correct. Luckily, there are no abomination directly in that direction, though some smaller ones are relatively close.

As I walk I start to hum the simple tune I usually hum. After a few repeats of the melody, I notice that the sparkles sorta follow along with the tune. That’s cool, wonder if I can get them to play the tune alone. Trying it, I can sorta make the rhythm, but the melody itself is still a bit away. I’ll just continue to hum along with them.

After probably a few hours of walking, I stumble across what appears to be the remains of a building. Only the foundation remains, though the stairway to the basement appears relatively intact.

Maybe there’s treasure! Walking down the stairs, I find a large empty room, with what appears to be a heap of metal lying in the middle of the room.

Kinda hard to see with how little light there is down here, though my sparkles help. Channeling some mana into my staff, causes the crystal to light up and the sparkles to stop coming off me, and intensify around the crystal.

Well, at least it’s brighter now, even if it’s all red. As I get close to the heap, one of the now, more intensive sparks hit it. 

As soon as it did, all hell broke loose. A piece of the pile comes flying straight at me. Since I was unprepared, it hit me straight in the chest and sent me flying straight backwards onto the stairs.

“OW, that really HURT!!!” in my anger I sent a lightning strike at the offending piece of metal. There is a great flash of light, and for a moment, everything becomes as bright as the brightest day. 

The underground room appears to be an old workshop of some kind, and the thing in the center, is a green golem that has risen from its slumber, and is charging straight at me.

I think it’s best to not get hit by its charge, given that it seems to be several times larger than me. At least my lightning melted a bit of it.

Running up the stairs, I have plenty of time to turn around and get ready, before the golem smashes its way through the slightly too small opening.

Now that we are on open ground, it’s not actually that fast. Sure, my old human body would never be able to run away from it, but my new electrified body finds it almost trivially easy.

I could run away. But it caused me pain, so it must SUFFER! Single lightning strikes seems to only cause it to twitch for a moment, as well as blow away a small piece of its surface. Underneath the matte green surface, there is an orangey metal. Oh, it’s copper. That’s kinda bad. Metal golems were always tanky in the game, and copper golems were hardened against lightning in particular. 

I guess I can use the continuous stun I have to keep it rooted. A moment later, the air is filled with a loud buzzing sound and flashing lights, as a large arc of electricity goes from my staff. The golem starts to twitch, and move slower and more stuttery.

I guess, it won’t be that easy with its high resistance. At least now I can think for a bit.

How do I go about destroying it, if lightning only has a limited effect? Maybe I can lead it towards a nearby abomination.

Looking around, there is a relatively small one only a kilometer away. It even has one of those magenta crystals. This might be the match of the century! In one corner, we have an ancient copper golem, in the other, we have an abomination!

So, I stop zapping it, and start the process of herding it towards the abomination. It’ll repay me by entertaining me, this’ll be great fun.

4