Chapter 24: Leaving the Auction House
390 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Cheng Tian raised his bid so high all at once, the last competitors for the auction item looked from their VIP rooms toward this young man in the common area.

They were surprised that someone from the common area had so many coins to spend on a single item. Even more considering, while several of the VIP rooms had particular exits, helpful at the initial time of buyers' departure, the same was not true for the seats where Cheng Tian was.

In other words, even if he won the dispute for this item, dozens of people in this place could easily get his identity and location!

So, considering how careless he had been, many were even more shocked by this than by his bid.

"That young man..." A woman in one of the VIP rooms on the third floor looked in the direction of the black-haired young man, who was wearing a relatively simple formal outfit.

On the other hand, one of the elders vying for the potion looked coldly in Cheng Tian's direction, wondering where such a figure had come from. 'This brat is young, but he has a lot of coins. I wonder if he has any support?'

'No, otherwise, he wouldn't simply stay in the common area! He is an ignorant fool with coins!' He placed his bets on this possibility.

At the same time, the elder who wanted to buy the potion for his disciple looked calmly at Cheng Tian, thinking that the arrival of this young man was not bad. 'With that, I won't have to compete for all the way with Qiao Yu.'

'As for this young man, if he wants to pay for this item in my place, what can I do but kindly accept this offer?'

The auctioneer finally realized that no one else would bid, so she counted to three and presented the auction result. "Very well, the potion prepared by Doctor Shi is sold for three thousand gold coins to the young man in the common area."

After his words ceased, comments filled this auction house, with many commenting on Cheng Tian's victory. However, many others were excited about the ninth and final item that would be auctioned off this evening.

Cheng Tian's potion was not the last item. Still, considering how amazing it had already been, the anticipation of the people in the surrounding area for the last item had increased considerably.

However, there was one person who was not the least bit interested in this item.

That was Madara's young heir, who no longer had enough coins to continue in the auction and was already more than satisfied with his victory.

'Hmm, there's no reason for me to waste my time watching the auction of that last item. I think I'd better just go on to the auctioned resource withdrawal site...' He rose from his armchair and followed the directions of the signs signaling such a location.

At the same time, several people in the VIP rooms had already seen Cheng Tian's movement and ordered people in their groups to keep an eye on this fellow.

The auctioneer then returned to the scene, along with the last item of the evening, a long rolled-up scroll with a golden ribbon.

"This is ..."

...

After leaving the central area of this auction house building, Cheng Tian soon arrived at the item withdrawal location.

"Hello, I want to make payment and pick up the item I bought at the auction." He said as he approached the reception desk, where three people, two women, and a man, were sitting waiting for the evening to end.

Upon hearing that young man, one of the two women got up from where she was standing and said. "Young master, hand me your plate, and I'll start serving you immediately."

After he handed over the plate he had used to place his bids earlier, Cheng Tian saw that woman's eyes widen. "Three thousand gold coins?" She said in a questioning tone. 'Someone from the common area spent that many coins? That's the first time I've seen such a thing!'

"Hmm, yes..." Cheng Tian answered her rhetorical question while pulling out a bag of coins from his storage item.

Seeing that there was no mistake, that attendant soon registered Cheng Tian's payment in that auction house's system and let him know. "Young master, we already have everything arranged for your withdrawal, but because of the auction rules, we only deliver the sold items after the auction is over."

"Oh? Sigh, if that's the way it is, I'll wait..." He was about to walk away from that woman when she suddenly ran up to him and said in a low voice. "Young master, I have something to tell you."

He looked at her in curiosity and listened. "You were in the common area of the auction, right? So, let me tell you something, the item you bought is relatively precious to many people who were present at the auction."

"Then, be careful leaving our building. I don't think these people will hurt you for it, but the risk of someone trying to rob you is not zero."

Hearing this from this woman, Cheng Tian frowned and thought her words made sense. 'I hadn't thought of that!'

'Really, this is a violent world! What should I do? Maybe...' He thought of something and smiled before thanking that woman and giving her a tip.

He then sat down on the outskirts of that area to wait for the auction to end, already with a plan in mind to leave this place safely.

'Hehe, if anyone tries to chase me, that person will be surprised when...'

...

After 20 minutes of waiting, the auction ended, and several people appeared at the reception desk of the area Cheng Tian was waiting.

There, Cheng Tian was one of the first to be attended to, receiving without any problems the little bottle with the potion prepared by Doctor Shi.

But before leaving that place, Cheng Tian went to the bathroom while everyone was secretly watching him.

'Trying to escape? Humph, idiot, we already have people outside the building watching that exit...' One of the elders in that place thought about it with his eyes closed.

But while several of them thought that Cheng Tian was going to try to escape, this young man returned from the bathroom with a smile on his face, quickly heading towards the main exit of this building.

'What? He's not running away?'

'To make matters worse, he's walking out the front door... Is he that bold, or is he just an idiot?'

But one of them soon thought of a not-so-impossible possibility and ran toward the bathroom. 'Maybe this brat hid the item in the bathroom to return here when the situation is quieter!'

Not only did that person run towards the bathroom in that area, but others did the same.

When they arrived at that place, a man dressed in black walked past the group of newcomers, but no one paid any attention to him. He looked like one of the ordinary customers who had bought armor earlier, so these people from the VIP rooms ignored him as they started to rummage around in that bathroom.

On the other hand, the young man who had just left that area was already being chased by others. However, for the moment, these people were just following him from a distance, preparing to act when the time was right.

Cheng Tian noticed all this but did not care. His plans were going as he had planned, so he continued smiling.

'Well, time to get some exercise!' He made up his mind before running at full speed, alerting all his pursuers.

"He's spotted us! Let's settle this at once!"

"Hmm, that child is truly bold! Does he think he can buy something valuable and walk out the front door? Too confident for my liking!"

"Tsk! And isn't that better? But I warn you, this potion belongs to me, Qiao Yu!"

"We'll see!"

In the blink of an eye, the group of a dozen people surrounded Cheng Tian in an alley at one end of Nuoding City.

"Brat, you're fast. I'll give you that!" One of his pursuers commented while evilly smiling. "But your journey ends here. Hand over the potion you bought, and I'll ensure you stay alive!"

"Tsk!"

"Kid, don't listen to that old demon. Come with this older sister, and I will protect you from these parasites." The only woman there commented with an honest look on her face.

But Cheng Tian did not intend to follow up with any of them and just laughed loudly, scaring everyone there.

'Have he gone crazy?'

"Hahaha, I don't know who you are, but unfortunately, you have already lost that potion..." He opened his arms as he informed them about it.

Before they even questioned him, Cheng Tian's body popped like a balloon and disappeared without a trace.

"What?" All the people there said simultaneously, while some struggled not to let their jaws drop to the floor.

...

At the same time as that, in the room Cheng Tian had rented, a young man dressed in black finished drinking the potion he had bought earlier.

'Ah, the shadow clones are truly useful...' He thought about his clone's memories, laughing at those many spirit masters, among them even Spirit Kings.

'Well, now I just need to absorb this potion...'

12