017 – loots
189 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two opened up almost all of the cabinets in the lab until Alan found what he was looking for, a few bottles of unmarked antiseptics and one useful marked item.

[Name: Antibiotics]

[Type: Medicine]

[Rarity: Uncommon]

[Attributes: None]

[Effects: It can cure infection]

[Able To Bring Outside The Game: Yes]

[Remarks: Rabies is a bitch!]

Finally, after ransacking the needed items, they gathered everything they had just found.

[14 x Gauze Bandage]

[8 x Painkillers]

[2 x Antibiotics]

Alan checked out his Gamelink and looked at the remaining time in the countdown.

[6 hours: 7 minutes]

This indicated that they had been playing the game for almost two hours, and when Alan saw the number, he quickly called on Laura.

"We need to leave now," he said in a hurry.

The girl was taken by surprise. She thought they hadn't checked the other rooms, which might have more items that could be useful. She then immediately suggested they should longer,

"No, we have no time. Let's go!"

Actually, he was still hoping that Nims would come, but the 2 hours was the limit time both of them had agreed. If the monk couldn't reach the place by then, Alan told him not to come.

On the other hand, the young lady gave up arguing with Alan and decided to follow his lead toward the cafeteria on the second floor, where the other two were piling up all the canned food and storing it in their bags.

These were medium size canned food that was usually used to feed a large number of people.

[Name: Canned Meat]

[Type: Food]

[Rarity: Common]

[Attributes: Recover 30 HP and 20% Stamina regeneration within 15 minutes]

[Effects: Prevent hunger]

[Able To Bring Outside The Game: Yes]

[Remarks: Don't ask what meat is inside]

####

[Name: Canned Fruits]

[Type: Food]

[Rarity: Common]

[Attributes: Recover 20 HP and 30% Stamina regeneration within 15 minutes]

[Effects: Prevent hunger]

[Able To Bring Outside The Game: Yes]

[Remarks: 100% Artificial fruit]

The way the game worked was that the player's bags served as some kind of spatial storage that could be filled with various items of any size. However, there were a certain amount of limitations depending on their level of strength.

Alan and Laura had the medicines and several alcohol bottles on their back. Although these items were supposed to be light, Laura could only store 9 food cans, whereas Luis, who had the same strength, could store 12 canned foods.

Sam, a construction worker with higher strength, could store up to 16 cans, while Alan, who surprised everyone, was able to store up to 20 cans. Right at that very moment, a notification suddenly came to his mind.

[Warning: You have carried too many items]

The penalty of pushing the bag limit would be a considerable drop in stamina generation. When this happened, the players would find it much harder to move to the point of being unable to move at all.

By this time, there were still 50 more cans left in the kitchen.

"Maybe we should find a cart and carry them all inside." It was Sam who made such a suggestion.

"That's what I am talking about, dawg!" said Luis, quickly agreed

After hearing this, Alan said, "Unfortunately we need to be able to move in speed, so no."

Even though he seemed to say it convincingly, the two didn't believe him.

"What's the hurry, bro? There are still 6 hours left; we have plenty of time. We need extra of these for the next round."

Seeing such a reaction, Alan was ready to leave them here. However, all of a sudden, a commotion could be heard coming from outside.

Alan cursed in silence as he was well aware of what was happening at the moment. The previous faint sound of the commotion was becoming more distinct, and there were hundreds of scared and panicked civilians outside trying to get in, mobs.

Obviously, as soon as the mobs entered the building, there would be instant chaos. From the previous game, a situation like this commonly happened, and everyone had seen how dangerous such mobs could be.

Alan had also seen this replay from the previous game and predicted their arrival. On the other hand, he was completely unaware that it would come sooner than he had anticipated.

PRANKK!!

A noise that sounded like someone was breaking one of the windows shifted everyone's attention in the room. After seeing this, Luis turned into panic.

"Ooh my dear Lord, we have to go now!"

Alan shook his head and immediately shouted, "Back door!"

This time, no one argued with his words. Without a second thought, the four quickly rushed toward the emergency door at the back. It was total chaos at the time. Everyone only had one thing on their mind: to run! The Mexican man ran so fast that he quickly opened the steel door without checking it first.

"Arrrghh!! No!"

Two panic-looking civilians had jumped inside and pinned Luis down. Alan quickly pushed the steel door and held it closed to prevent more from coming in. However, too many of them were on the other side, trying to force their way in, making it difficult for Alan to close the door.

The bulky man, Sam, and Laura were stunned, while Luis was screaming like a girl. None of them were helping Alan, who was struggling with the steel door.

This situation made Alan quickly regret bringing amateurs with him. As was the case with the majority of them were new players who were hesitant to even hit an NPC.

Laura tried to pull the two people on top of Luis, but it was far from very effective.

Alan shouted at the two and said, "Hold this door!"

Sam ran to Alan right away, and when he reached the door, Alan quickly kicked the man on the ground as hard as he could.

[Impact: kick Inflicts 17 Damage]

[Impact: kick Inflicts 19 Damage. Target Knocked Out…]

One NPC was defeated. After that, he grabbed the second one and punched him right in the face.

[Impact: punch Inflicts 16 Damage]

Not only that, but he also punched another one to finish it.

[Impact: punch Inflicts 17 Damage. Target Knocked Out…]

The four then quickly pushed the door together with all the power they had, resulting in it being successfully locked.

They were panting in-breath, and they each had a bead or two of sweat dripping down their forehead. Even though the steel door was now completely locked, it did not mean that the situation had returned to its previous state of normalcy.

In fact, the mobs behind the steel door only turned even angrier as they kept trying to get in. The four looked at each other as if they were thinking the same thing.

"What are we going to do now?"

7