020 – Thug
193 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luis was terrified of the sight. He slowly hid behind Nims' back with a shaking grip, ready to run at any second.

As for Laura, she was trying hard to stay calm, but Alan could tell that she was far from it. After all, Sam definitely did not have enough survival points, which means that this was the end of the man's life.

On the other hand, three attackers were standing in front of them like street thugs.

All three were African American men in their prime, with the one holding a knife, although he has a petite body he  appeared to be the one leading them. One has a metal bat, and the last one grips a lead pipe with a death grasp. All of those were common weapons found in round one of the game.

Although the weapons alone didn't look threatening, just using them bestows some extra damage to the user, and at this stage, it was enough to endanger any player.

Alan observed the three more closely. The man with a knife appears much more relaxed, but the other two men standing behind him occasionally exchanged a worried look with each other.

Realizing what was happening, Alan became confident that this fight would be simple, especially with the aid of Nims standing next to him.

Right now, the only thing that disappointed him was that none of them were holding a sword.

The man with a knife shouted again, "Don't you dare to come any closer, or I will slice you into pieces!!"

He shouted his threats in a loud, boisterous voice before he bent down and tried to access the bag left by Sam.

"This is it," Seeing his chance, right at that moment, Alan dashed forward. His speed caught everyone off guard. None of them expected he could run that fast.

Shocked, the man quickly swung his knife. However, Alan was already too close and managed to grab the man's knife hand while his other hand punched him in the gut.

Baammm!!

[Impact: punch Inflicts 12  Damage]

While groaning in pain, Alan, still holding the man's arm, threw him to the ground. For good measure, he even threw a hard kick onto the man's shoulder.

Crackkk!

[Impact: throw Inflicts 6 Damage]

[Impact: kick Inflicts 21 Damage, Target's hand has been broken…]

"ARRRGHHHH!"

A scream of agony echoed throughout the area as Alan twisted his arm, forced him to drop the knife, and pinned him down with his foot.

Everything happened within seconds. The other two were shocked to see their leader fall unceremoniously with one move. As they tried to turn tail and flee, they realized the brown-skinned man was already standing next to them.

Bam!! Bam!!

They could not even raise their weapons, let alone swing them, before they both fell to the ground and cried out in pain.

"Please... please… I didn't want to hurt anyone."

"Yes, that man was forcing us, please, let us go."

Hearing the confession, the man with the broken hand shouted in rage, his eyes staring at them with a terrifying glare, "You are all fucking useless!"

Alan looked down at the struggling man beneath him in disdain and gave the man another brutal kick.

[Impact: kick Inflicts 15 Damage]

"Arrggghhh!!"

[Impact: kick Inflicts 16 Damage. Target Status: Severely wounded]

Alan just clicked his tongue and gave the man another kick. Now, the man doesn't even have enough energy to scream.

[Impact: kick Inflicts 18 Damage. Target is in a critical state. Knocked out]

Those were a few of the standard statuses available in the Apocalypse Games. When a player receives a bombardment of attacks made by nonlethal means until they reach a critical level, there is a high chance they would receive the [Unconscious] status for a while. The chance increases if the target has low endurance.

"Now, you stay quiet there," he finished before turning to look at the two scared men.

Then, he approached them, squatted down, and said with an outstretched hand, "As for you two, take out everything you have in your bags."

The two stared at each other, their hesitation unspoken, but before they could say anything, Alan said,

"Or I can kill you and take them myself. Your choice."

In this game, whatever item has been stored in the bag of a living player cannot be taken out by other players. The only things an outsider could take are things the players dropped, or the bag could be opened after the players were dead, but not all could be salvaged. Hence, Alan gave them a choice to volunteer to take them out or pay with their lives.

"Yes… yes.. take it…" the two men said meekly. The reality of their loss has finally set in.

[2 x cigarettes]

[Name: Stack of Money ($1000)]

[Type: Miscellaneous]

[Able to bring out of the Game: No]

[Remarks: Money will always help make anything smoother.]

This game has no real functional shops, but this stack of money will still see some use.

Other than those, the two only have the weapons they always carried on hand.

[Name: Metal Bat]

[Type: Weapon (blunt)]

[Rarity: Common]

[Attributes: Damage 8-12]

[Effects: None]

[Equipment Rating: 10]

[Able To Bring Outside The Game: No]

[Remarks: Holding it will make you feel like a champ]

[Name: Lead Pipe (blunt)]

[Type: Weapon]

[Rarity: Common]

[Attributes: Damage 6-10]

[Effects: None]

[Equipment Rating: 7]

[Able to bring out of Game: No]

[Remarks: Plumbing is a hard job, don't mess with a plumber]

Alan took the two items, then surprisingly tossed them one canned meat each before he told Nims to let both of them go.

The monk, a little surprised, questioned,"Are you sure?"

Alan nodded.

He certainly hated players who intentionally try to hurt other players, but after playing the game for three years, he understood how people, anyone, would do anything to survive. Hence he let them go, even giving them something to increase their survival.

Seeing what Alan did, Luiss pointed at the unconscious man and said, "How about this one? You are not gonna let this guy go as well, right? Come on; he killed Sam!"

Alan merely gave him a little smirk and said, "For that one, I have something special prepared."

7