026 – New Challange
190 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The last 2 hours of the round were the moment where the game gave the players another challenge. When all thought the blizzard was over and tried to venture outside to gain a couple points, the game threw wolves at them.

The sound of howling that they had just heard was an indication that the wolves had come near.

Alan specifically lured these savage animals using the scent of blood. It's the universal sign that attracts predators, especially for wolves gifted with a receptive smell 14 times greater than human. They can smell blood from a mile away.

With the two hours countdown just arrived, Alan has lured all the wolves within half a dozen block radius of the Library.

Howwwlllll

As soon as Smiley heard the sound of howling, he quickly became terrified hysterically.

"Wolves!! In New York.. no, no.. this is crazy."

Immediately after that, Alan glanced at Nims, and the monk, as if he had already been aware of what he needed to do, pulled and dragged the poor man back into the library room through the large broken window, leaving Alan outside. Waiting for the wolves to arrive.

Howwwllll

Alan braced himself as the howling sound became more distinct, which meant that the group of beasts started to get closer to his current location. Alan focused his attention on the far-off location, and not long after that, his eyes could catch the appearance of the savage wild animals.

A pack of eight grey fur wolves,

Each of the wolves had a more incredible speed and strength than a regular human.

Added with their sharp fangs, claws, and the fact they always came in a pack made these creatures some of the mighty forces of nature that humans would ever need to face.

Truly magnificent creatures indeed. But this was not the right time to admire those beasts because today, they would be part of the stepping stones to achieve his success.

Alan was ready to walk back to the room. Just as he was about to do so, he heard a sound coming from the other side of the street.

"Two packs…"

Alan walked inside, saw Laura, and told her to quickly take Smiley to the other room and shut it close..

He then stood behind the barricades, one of the two narrow two meters corridor lines of book cabinets that he and Nims had prepared earlier.

Howwwwllll

Right at this moment, the wolves were already outside of the room. Their movement, smell, fangs, and the saliva that dripped from them all very real like.

As the wolves closed the distance between them, a piece of information arrived, both into the [Gamelink] and directly into his mind.

[Grey Wolves]

[Type: Beast]

[Rank: F+]

[Remarks: Everyone's Dream's Pet]

"Ok, Nims time for a fight!" Said Alan, giving the signal to the monk.

Nims had closed his eyes with one of his arms holding the [Sledgehammer] and placing the other on his chest, praying.

At this precise time, Alan heard little footsteps of the wolves as they entered the room. One walked into his lane, stared in front of him, growled for a second, and then jumped at him in speed.

ROOAARR

Alan swiftly made a sidestep and hard elbowed down at the jumping wolf, which caused it to fall to the ground. He then quickly pierced his knife at the back of its head.

[Impact: Inflicts 12 Damage]

[Stabbing: Lethal Attack. Inflicts 40 damage, Target dies…]

[You gained 80 XP and 40 survival points]

Without special skill, the system would not show the beast's total HP, but with his past experience, Alan knew that each of these wolves had a total of 50 HP. As a result, one normal attack and one that hits on its vital parts would create a Lethal Attacks bonus that would double the inflicted damage.

One down, and the next one was already charging at him. Alan was a bit unprepared for this sudden attack, making the wolf manage to tackle him down this time. However, his [Hunting Knife] readily pierced through its jaw straight to the wolf's brain.

[Stabbing: Lethal Attack. Inflicts 45 damage]

The wolf howled in pain. He swiftly pulled out the knife, stood up, and stared at the whimpering beast. Following that, he threw a kick to its head and crushed it.

[Impact: Lethal Attack. Inflicts 20 damage, Target dies…]

[You gained 80 XP and 40 survival points]

Alan managed to defeat two wolves in a row. It wasn't that the wolves were weak. Rather, it was just because Alan was so experienced in fighting that made it look easy. The attributes and skills just given a player adds to their strength, speed, or damage, but the craft was all up to the players.

Splatt!! Splatt!!

[You gained 80 XP and 40 survival points]

The main strategy he prepared was to lure the creature into the room, where multiple barricades had been set up to limit the wolves' movement. This was made to keep the attack in two direct lines, preventing Alan and Nims from being surrounded by the pack.

BAMM!!!!

The loud sound attracted Alan's attention. On the other side, Alan could see that Nim managed to crash the beast with his hammer.  The monk had turned into a frenzy to the point where he was able to break a wolf's neck even with his bare hand. Indeed, Nims was a figure Alan didn't want to make an enemy of.

As of this moment, Alan had successfully killed four wolves, and as soon as he did so, he checked on his stats immediately.

[Alan D Angello, Male, 25 years]

[Level 3: 820/1000]

[HP: 129/140]

[Stamina: 78%]

[Survival Points: 460]

[Status: Cold Level 2 - 30% reduces stamina regeneration]

Although he didn't even get hurt for a bit, the main problem of this game was the Stamina. A prolonged battle would kill a strong player, especially with the negative status he had right now.

Alan was gasping for air, and after noticing that none of the wolves were charging at him for the time being, he quickly took [Chocolate] from his bag and consumed it.

[You Received: 10 HP and 35% stamina generation in 15 minutes]

With his cold level 2 status, consuming the chocolate gave him 5% positive stamina regenerations.

With his stamina regained, Alan was ready to engage in a fight again. At this moment, he heard another howling from afar, which meant more wolves had arrived.

"Keep them coming!"

6