029 – Alpha
154 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ROOOAAARRR!!!

The beast roared in pain as the blazing flames swallowed and scorched its body violently. Even so, it still managed to stay on its feet. It lunged at Alan, committing to bite his head which was only a meter away.

Alan ducked and then rolled away to dodge the flaming beast. He quickly rose to his feet, poised his stance in anticipation of a suicidal attack the beast might throw at him.

Fortunately, the beast was still preoccupied with the fire to do so. Thanks to the high alcohol content of the liquor, the fire was still burning vigorously and took away a chunk of the creature's HP every second.

Based on his experience, such a monster should have around 250 to 300 HP, so the fire only needed to burn for about 25 to 30 seconds before the creature eventually died.

If only he had a bow, a gun, or at least a spear, he would have attacked and ended this sooner.

Not much he can do with a [Hunting Knife]; hence when he saw the fire was about to die down a little under 10 seconds, he quickly threw the second [Liquor Bottle], and the flame once again made the beast outcry.

ROOAARRRRR

"Two should do the job."

Said Alan as he kept the last [Liquor bottle] and all other stuff back in his backpack

To his surprise, the wolf tenaciously leaped towards him this time taking him by surprise.

The beast opened its massive jaw at him, aiming for his head. Fortunately, Alan managed to move his body at the last moment, so instead of his neck, his shoulder was caught by the beast's fangs.

[Bite: Received 38 Damage]

"ARGH!!"

Unwilling to take the attack lying down, Alan quickly thrust his hand forward, ruthlessly driving his blade into the wolf's body.. A frightening roar of pain resounded through the air.

[Stabbing: Inflicts 24 damage]

Alan did not have the strength to release himself from such a powerful grip; fortunately, all the running before had given time for the [Medicated Bandage] to fully heal him, while the creature must have been at the end of the line.

"Let's see who dies first!!" Alan shouted as he pushed the dagger deeper

[Stabbing: Inflicts 20 damage]

ARGH!

[Bite: Received 36 Damage]

The bite became more assertive, as if the beast was ready to chew off his shoulder. A wave of excruciating pain quickly spread throughout Alan's body. In response, Alan pulled the blade out of the creature's body, causing blood to spurt everywhere, before stabbing it closer to the neck.

[Stabbing: Lethal Attack. Inflicts 42 damage]

First stab. The wolf still kept Alan's shoulder within its mouth. Second Stab. Its body began to tremble and writhe. And the third drew the final straw for the beast because it threw him into the distance.

[Impact: Received 10 damage]

Alan quickly mustered all the strength he had to apply the [medicated bandage] on himself again.

[Healing: 49 HP Recovered in 2 minutes]

[HP: 66/150]

[Stamina: 38/100]

[Status: Heavily wounded]

On the other hand, the beast once again stood up. Even though there were bloody wounds and burns all over its body. Its malevolent eyes were fixed on his figure.

However, the information about the Alpha has changed.

[Night Wolf]

[Type: Magical Beast]

[Status: Critical]

A status that means the creature has less than 20% of its health.

The Alpha wolf should only have 60 Hp or even less; this was something he could work with. However, Alan needed to stay on his toes, and with his healing still ticking with 1 HP every 2,4 seconds, Alan decided to bail once again.

"Let's go for another run!"

Alan decides to run back toward the Library, with the ferocious creature chasing on his tail, closing in on him. However, when he was ready to fight back, he suddenly saw an object fly and hit the beast, stopping its charge and sending it crashing to the ground.

It was a hammer, which he recognized.

He then saw a brown-skinned figure, with blood all over his body, walking towards the fallen creature. He picked up the hammer sunk in the snow and roared as he smashed the wolf's head with it.

CRACK!!

Seeing the wolf's body still wriggling, he swung the hammer again.

CRAAACCCKKK!!

[You have killed the Wolf Alpha]

[You gained 300 XP and 150 survival points]

Even though Alan didn't deal the final blow, the game mechanic stated that as long as he dealt some damage, he would still receive a reward. Especially when he did almost all of the damage. On the other hand, Nims, who helped with the kill, would receive a portion of the reward.

[You have completed the E-level quest]

[You received 100 survival points, 100 XP, and one E rank reward]

The Alpha has finally died, and they won.

But then, Alan realized that Nims was still screaming. His hands quickly brought the hammer up and down, smashing the beast's carcass. Crimson blood splattered all over his body, yet he swung the hammer once again.

The peaceful and ever-smiling monk was no more, replaced by a crazed warrior.

Seeing such a sight, Alan suddenly remembered Nims' nickname before his regression.

Asura

It took some time before Nims finally calmed down, which caused Alan to realize that the monk had a real issue in his mind. This was probably what he had been praying for before. The strength not to lose control.

The sight made him wonder; if Nims had gone berserk during their duel, Alan probably wouldn't have won. Anyway, Alan mustered up his energy and walked toward the monk before thanking him for his timely assistance.

His attention, however, was quickly distracted by something. From the creature's carcass, Alan caught a glimpse of a glowing green box. A surprised yet delighted look instantly colored his face.

"A Rare drop box"

The drop was a reward for killing the Alpha; hence, only he could access it. He opens it and finds an item inside, which quickly makes his metal fatigue wash away, "Superior item!"

[Name: Night Cloak]

[Type: Accessories]

[Rarity: Superior]

[Attributes: Defense 5]

[Effects: Resist Cold +2, Speed increase 10%, Sneak skill +1]

[Able To Bring Outside The Game: No]

[Remarks: Dark cloak made by the Night wolf fur, best for doing questionable things in the dark]

6