036 – Decision
155 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were actually two reasons why Alan believed the other party was merely bluffing.

One was because he didn't acknowledge that the man had the time to knock Kenny out and prepare a trap for him at the same time.

The second, and the most important reason, was because he's a veteran.

Unlike regular players, the veteran had two disadvantages: one was being deducted a certain number of points if they killed a non-veteran, and two they would get twice the number of penalties if they failed the round.

Round one objective was to stay alive and death would mean a 1,000 survival points deduction. Therefore in the same case, a veteran would receive a 2.000 points deduction instead.

This terrible handicap was exactly what discouraged many veterans from playing the game again the second time.

Hence for both reasons, Alan believed the man was bluffing. He had no intention to kill them, at least not through explosives.

"So.. will you bet your life on that?" said the man with a chuckle, hearing Alan's words.

Alan took a deep breath and said with a weightless gaze, "My friend and I have enough points that even if you kill us, we will survive the game. But what about you?" Pausing for a moment, he stared straight at the man's eyes and said, "will you bet yours?"

Hearing such words, the man turned serious with a wicked smile "Well goddamn!! That's impressive indeed. I don't get as many points as I hope cause those wolves just stop showing up.. but, I do.. I do think I have enough points... Enough for killing a few players."

All the fog concerning the Veteran's baffling appearance cleared from his response. Alan finally figured out the catalyst of the butterfly effect; it was because he had killed the Alpha which might have led the man to this hidden quest.

"Now hurry up, drop your weapon and call the VIPs. I have no time for this shit!!" said the Veteran in a rush.

The man applied more force on the trigger as he bared his teeth at Alan.

It was time for Alan to make a decision…

With the man standing only 5 feet away from him, he could take one or two bullets before tackling him down, and then Nims could finish him. But with such risk at stake, he thought of a better idea.

Just as the Veteran seemed about to completely lose his temper, Alan's voice rang through the air.

"Alright, you can have them."

Alan released the grip of his newfound handgun, dropped to the ground, and signaled both Ambassadors who were still hiding beside the statue to come out. Such actions brought a grin on the Veteran's face.

"Good call!"

At the same time, another man in a blazer came out from hiding. He must be the Ambassador saved by Kenny. With an upturned face, the madman got hold of all three VIPs Alan's group had painstakingly rescued.

But, he didn't leave immediately; with the gun aimed at them, he ordered.

"Both of you…i need you to throw your jacket as well. Now!"

The man really was cautious; he must have decided to take their winter jacket to make sure not to be followed.

While picking up the jackets thrown at him and handgun, the man gave a smirk and said, "Don't be sad..you made the right call… also you were right …I didn't have time to prepare a trap ..hahah" the man chuckle while he casually put the trigger on his pocket

The man promptly left, followed by the three Ambassadors.

Alan let out a deliberate, quiet breath and walked toward the unconscious Kenny. He carried him inside the building; he bent and placed two fingers on his neck. A faint pulse could be felt throbbed beneath his fingertips, and Alan heaved a sigh of relief. At least the madman didn't lie about this. Without further ado, he applied one of the [Medical Gauge] he possessed.

"Who… who are you two?!" asked Kenny with bulging eyes as soon he got conscious.

"Let's just say everyone here is a victim of the same robbery."

Alan briefly explained what happened, and the young man Kenny said "We can't let him do that! we definitely must chase him!"

The young man with glasses growled in rage. However, at the same time, a notification popped up.

[20 minutes left to survive]

[Updating current players]

[Players still in the game - 37,690]

[Warning: The super storm has arrived, The air will descend rapidly]

Hearing this, Kenny panicked and said, "Oh my god, Ohh my fu*king god. This is the sixth one!"

After learning from Alan that there would be another one, Kenny quickly changed his mind and said, "Go kick that man's ass for me, good luck; I need to warm myself now"

That's the last thing Kenny said before his figure disappeared inside the building

….

Alan still had two extra jumpers and his [Night cloak]. Together with his high endurance, he still had +4 cold resistance. As for Nims, he has level-3 resistance from upgrading his endurance to C-, making him have +4 resistance with the jumper.

With this, both only had to deal with a level-2 cold status of a 30% Stamina penalty. And Level-3 of a 50% penalty at the end game of the last 10 minutes.

"What are you going to do?" asked the monk.

Alan didn't answer, he turned and walked out of the door, and a few seconds later, both heard multiple gunshots from the distance.

The Veteran Crimson Gunner was brute forcing his way to the Helipad.

Alan looked toward Nims and said, "If we fight with him before, we will lose too much time… This way, he will take care of the obstacles for us. I plan to take the faster route and snatch our VIPs back at the destination."

A steady, lower-pitched voice requested, "Will you join me?"

Nims answered with his own question, "The man is definitely stronger and better equipped. Do you have a plan to defeat him?"

Alan just shared a playful grin and walked towards the exit. "Of course"

6