045 – Bloodline Genes
164 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This shop was one of the less-popular places, even less popular than the job class shop they had just visited. They couldn't even find another player apart from themselves in the shop area.

As the two stepped into the building, an interior greatly resembling an old mansion immediately greeted their sight. The walls and floor were made of wood with what seemed to be antique furniture, and a grandfather clock about two heads taller than them sat a short distance away.

However, upon walking further into the 'old mansion', they soon found a large room with multiple dried carcasses on the walls.

On the other side of the room, a female NPC stood looking at the two guests. Her pale skin greatly contrasted her long curly black hair and dark clothes, and her voice had a hint of coldness as she spoke.

"Welcome to the bloodline gene shop, players. What can I help you with?"

Nims looked at the NPC with confusion for a moment before turning to look at Alan, and Alan gave a brief explanation of the available options.

There were a total of 15 acquirable bloodline genes available, and they were divided into three categories:

[Low-Tier Bloodline Genes]

[Boar Gene - Strength +1]

[Spider Gene - Agility + 1]

[Horse Gene - Endurance +1]

[Rabbit Gene - Perception + 1]

[Fish Gene - Intelligence +1]

[Requirements: Endurance E, E-rank reward, and 1500 survival points]

####

[Mid-Tier Bloodline Genes]

[Bear Gene - Strength +2]

[Wolf Gene - Agility +2]

[Goat Gene - Endurance +2]

[Bat Gene - Perception + 2]

[Snake Gene - Intelligence +2]

[Requirements: D Endurance, D-rank reward, and 2500 survival points]

####

[High-Tier Bloodline Genes]

[Tiger - Strength +2 Agility +1]

[Monkey - Agility +2 Intelligence +1]

[Turtle - Endurance +3]

[Birds - Perception + 2 Agility +1]

[Worm - Intelligence +2 Endurance +1]

[Requirements: C Endurance, C-rank reward, and 3500 survival points]

Every bloodline came with its own characteristics. This, of course, also meant that different bloodlines would have different skills as well as side effects.

The low-tier spider bloodline, for example, would later on give a skill called [Adhesive Pores], which gave its user the ability to climb up walls like a certain famous comic character.

Unlike job classes, players could only choose one bloodline gene; it also had a much higher cost and fewer benefits than the latter, making it a less popular choice early in the game.

But this wasn't a problem for the two, especially Nims.

While Nims was still thinking of what he should pick, Alan patted the monk's shoulder.

"You have a C-rank reward and C-rank Endurance, you should get one of the top-tier ones."

Hearing his suggestion, Nims turned to look at the list of high-tier bloodlines available. It didn't even take him a second to decide as he immediately chose the animal that was worshipped by his people.

"I choose the tiger gene!" the monk said without hesitation.

Alan smiled in satisfaction. He had already expected such an answer.

"Great choice!"

With Nims getting the tiger bloodline, Alan had great expectations for him. This would hold even truer if he could assist the monk in upgrading the bloodline to the highest stage.

As for Alan himself, he didn't have the C-rank reward nor the C-rank endurance required to withstand the high-tier bloodline genes.

He even had to use one of his distributable attribute points to reach the minimum requirement for mid-tier bloodline genes.

[Endurance: D-] [D- > D]

This was something he had carefully thought out before he even started the game.

"I choose the bat bloodline."

The bat, a creature associated with the protection of disease, rebirth, or long life, on one side of the world but darkness, malevolence, and death on another.

The mid-tier bloodline would be much more feasible to upgrade to the maximum stage, but what made Alan actually choose the bloodline gene was the secret job class that came with it.

After the NPC confirmed their choices, the two were brought to a chair. As the two sat, a blood bag was prepared for them each and was then infused into their bodies.

[You are being infected by a bat gene]

As the bat genes entered his veins, Alan could feel his body burning. His forehead quickly began to sweat, and painful ringing and echoes loudly filled his ears.

[Your body is going through a mutation]

This process went on for almost half an hour before finally, a notification appeared in his [Game Link].

[You have successfully mutated]

[Bat Bloodline - Stage 1]

[Perception: E+] +2 [E+ > D- > D]

Now that he had already gotten both a job class and a bloodline mutation, Alan quickly checked his stats.

[Alan D Angello, Male, 25]

[Level 12: 6540/7000]

[HP: 180/180]

[Stamina: 100%]

[Job Class: Rogue]

[Bloodline: Bat (Stage 1)]

[Survival Points: 500]

[Strength: E+]

[Agility: C-]

[Endurance: D]

[Perception: D]

[Intelligence: D]

[Spirit: F-]

[1 attribute point(s) to distribute]

####

[Nims Temzen, Male, 28]

[Level 13: 7420/8000]

[HP: 210/210]

[Stamina: 100%]

[Job Class: Warrior]

[Bloodline: Tiger (Stage 1)]

[Survival Points: 830]

[Strength: C+]

[Agility: D-]

[Endurance: C]

[Perception: E]

[Intelligence: F]

[Spirit: F+]

[3 attribute point(s) to distribute]

Looking in the mirror Alan can see his body a little more pale while Nims turns hairier.

"Need time to get used to"

They were finally done with their physical upgrades, but this also left them broke.

When the two finally exited the shop and headed toward the skill shops, they found that it was still extremely crowded.

"You have your duel in a few minutes; I don't think we have enough time," Nims said as he looked at the enormous crowd.

"Yes. We don't need to get the skill right now, we can still do it after."

Hearing this, Nims was confused. "Don't you need a firearm skill to defeat him?"

"Don't worry, I'll manage," Alan assured.

With the designated time for the bet with the Crimson Gunner drawing near, Alan decided to head to the training ground first.

-----

Author Note:

Thank you for supporting the novel, You can also support the advanced chapters in P.a.t.r.e.o.n.  Both links can be accessed through my website www.avans.xyz. Thank you

3