5 (free time)
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, a yellow one?"

"Yeah, the ones in the middle", I said.

"These middle ones... okay."

 

Demphia picked out one of the items and dropped it in the basket.

So yes. Shopping with a new friend. I was really anxious about this, was worrying about everything I could think of that could possibly go wrong, I was scared of how to look after her, of being embarrassed with her...

But I knew what to do from what Ed told me - just be myself, and act as I normally would with a friend. So I guess I'm now doing weekly chores with her? And talking about personal stuff at the same time and making everything embarrassing for sure.

 

I'd been stopped in place for a short bit now with my worrying.

Demphia crouched down in front of me, with a gentle smile for me.

"Where are we going after this?"

"Bluh?" I was so trying not to worry about anything going wrong that I was sticking tight to schedule - I hadn't thought of anything beyond 'home / ???'.

I went with "Where - doyouwannago?" for a response.

Demphia's smile dropped, to a neutral look. I hadn't considered what she could've said to even answer.

"I want to know what kinda places you like", she said to me.

"Uh, there are lots of places around we could - go on a longer walk? Afterwards?"

She gave me a fangly grin.

We had to pop back up first before the long walk. It was kinda busy along the way and back, so there was a worrying moment or two with, uh, meeting people stuff. At one point we met a group of teens and they got excited and huddled round Demphia and asked her a bunch of awkward questions we couldn't answer...

"Wow you're so big! What's your name?"

"And what's her name?"

"Can they breathe fire??"

"I thought it was a he."

"The user is really cute..."

"Hey can I touch your hair? It's all fuzzy."

And we just got really frustrated. We had to pull away.

After that, we went down to the beach front and wandered along for a while. I know I said lots of places, but a lot of them were on the beach front.

 

We went along, talking about different things, in a casual sort of way. I wanted to ask more questions about her, but I wanted a nice walk without any stress for a change.

At one point along the way, Demphia asked me: "What are they - like to you? The green floppy one... Omma?"

"I'll let them know you said they're 'floppy'", I giggled.

Demphia looked stern, then she started giggling too.

"They looked small and... cosy... no. Looked like they'd be good to hold."

"Yeah..." Omma's body isn't the softest, so I dunno about cosy. But it is nice to hold them. I can't put a finger on a reason, they're just...

And then Demphia said "It's not Omma who's cosy-" and I yELPED as she hauled me up to carry me in her arms oh my god.

"You're the cosy one! Ahahaha!"

I smiled wide but I was so embarrassed now - I didn't dare look who was watching. She carried me like that along the rest of the beach front before she put me back down...

But I love the way she carried me.

0