7 (meeting)
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
CWs: food/eating

So this is the new kid on the books, huh. Boss seems to like her somehow. Probably about the same old as me. Funny to look at, she's got fancy hair, probably dyed though, like it's suuuper red. And her eyes are really green, too - like, matching pair! Uhhh, and she's really short, way shorter than me. Like tiny smol. jk she's actually like one centimetre shorter than me

Her friend's here with her as well. Friend like, her selba- they're a massive dragon person, they're just towering over her lol. And they look pretty buff, like. M u s c l e s. Also, loving the horns, they're pointy and cool. So yeah, I like this one so far - looking at them at least.

But also. I'm thinking about them like- this kid- she's new, right? So... her selba must be pretty young. And they're already huge. And really developed, a lot, like they look scarily like a big human.

And you know... sweet.

 

Terry. You must introduce yourself.

Shut up alright, I'll get there.

Right, talking to shiny kid. "So... hey. It's me."

"Hi me!", said shiny kid. Liking her more already.

You must state your name to be understood and to introduce yourself properly.

"Why don't you get out here and you introduce yourself."

A black triangle folded out of nothing beside me. Kiddo jumped and made a squeaky noise.

Does this form suffice?

"No", I grumped.

The triangle flipped up into a cool crow monster thing. Except not cool, because Crovan here is not cool. It's just annoying. I dunno how I'd feel being with one of the other selbas we have here instead but. Sometimes I really wish it wasn't this one.

 

Anyway.

"Uh, so basically, I'm gay. I mean I'm Terry. Th-they/them, I guess."

God I hate how my voice sounds so much.

"Please concentrate on the task at hand", crooooned Crovan's deeeeep voice shut UP that really doesn't help now.

Guh. "And this, is Crovan."

"Heyyy", said shiny.

Big monster person stepped towards me. They had a cool like, sorta rough sounding voice. "Hey. I'm Demphia, she's Millie. Both she."

Demphia, huh. Doesn't sound really draconic but I dunno. "Cool. You been registered already?"

Millie said, "Yeah, the lady helped us go through it, just now."

"Ah cool. Wanna pop in one of the rooms? They got- cakes I think."

"Can do! Ooh cakes."

I went off down the corridor and the others followed. And Crovan had just popped into the boundary while I wasn't looking.

 

"What sort of cakes?", Demphia asked.

I went like, "Uhhhh you'll see! We'll find out."

"It's a surprise? I might... not like a surprise."

"Aw", Millie said, and she patted Demphia, on like, the hip, leg, thigh, whatever. Cause she's smol and Demphia is tol.

Demphia huffed and said, "We're gonna face the cakes HEAD ON!", and then flexed. We all smiled and laughed.

Except little Unfun here.

You must brief them on all pertinent details and work with them to construct regular profiles for-

I Get The I-Dea. Geez.

Crovan kept rambling anyway. It kept going on as we went into one of the business sort of rooms and sat down to chat. Demphia had to duck for her horns on the way in btw

 

"So- big lady." Demphia was looking down at me funny. "I gotta ask you a couple of questions. About who you are and... what you do and stuff, like what are your like, powers? Like- what can you do?"

"Powers..." She stared at her hands for a bit. Then she just flexed and there was a boom and her hair blew back. So did Millie's big ol ponytail. My hair would've blown back too if it was long. Hah!

"C-cool beans. Right- kiddo, uh- I also wanna like" - I tried to get comfy, leant over, considered bringing a leg up - "Where do you like... how do you do your hair?"

She still had an eye closed. "I... I wash it and pull it back?"

"You don't like, go get it styled and stuff?"

"No... why?"

"I uh..." Heck I think I was going further than I was comfortable. "I just really liked the way your hair like... is, but also liked how it's like, so bright. Cause I was thinking of dyeing my hair, like..."

Demphia was gonna say something but Millie said: "Uh, thank you but, I don't dye my hair! I wouldn't know how, sorry..."

And. Okay that completely derailed my train of thought.

"IT'S NOT DYED??"

"No...?"

"What's the thing about styling hair?", asked Demphia, in all innocence. "In a place?"

"No I- just-" I stood up and went to a different bit of floor. Like- pacing I guess? Why did I let this just take over everything I was doing? I dunno, I just- went with it. Being distracted, I think I've heard of it.

 

I knelt on the floor, so Millie was now above me.

"Are you an angel."

If someone else said something like that to me, I'd probably have a few strong words to say.

Millie didn't say anything. I think she was just really confused from me being weird.

Demphia just said, "Yes. She is."

Millie made a whiney noise and shoved her hands into her face.

"Aaaaa thank you..."

So now I was feeling all just. Off. And tense. Getting big doubts that I really should've done that, but- hey, I think her reaction was good? Maybe? Should I apologise??

"Kid, I-"

Millie flipped up her head at me. She was beaming and her face was as red as her hair.

"Thank you!! Terry!" She made a move in this direction and then started flailing back again. "Ah no Demphie aaa sorry I-"

A foldy noise, and Millie stopped with an "Eek!".

Guess-who had just showed up on the chair across from us. Always listening in, right.

 

"Terry. Don't get distracted."

"Was getting used not having you around mate." I headed round the table towards them anyway.

"You have not completed the forms as required."

"I'll finish the- HECKING forms when you let me talk to them." Jumped back into my chair to punctuate that.

"Crovan. Hey", said Demphia. Demphia was gonna talk to it? Huh. "What's your ability?"

"Terry is provided support as necessary."

Complete silence.

"That is all."

Millie said, "It's more like... what is it you have, that makes you you?"

"It has been stated."

Sigh. "You're a metal bird that turns into a bigger metal bird."

Millie made a little gasp. "Cool!"

"What will you say to describe me?" Demphia took some of the attention away. "On the form? I'm not sure... with words..."

"Terry, your task is writing the description." Nevermind, Crovan doesn't need attention.

"Just get out."

Crovan folded up and disappeared.

And I was left feeling even tenser.

 

Demphia did a grumble.

"Crovan seems pretty different to you", Millie said.

"Yeah Crovan's been with me for a bit but. Like..." Not more bad thoughts, what do I say, what do I say, what the HECK do I

"Did they come from someone else?"

Oh that helps (genuine)! "Y-yeah... there's a bunch of them here like that. We- look after them- something something."

"Ooooh!"

"What do you see in Crovan though?" I dunno Demphia, what do you see...? never mind.

Buagh. "Wasn't by choice, it just. Started tagging around."

Millie said, "I didn't know that was like, a thing..."

"L-let's chat about bonding stuff later." I popped open my phone. "For now we gotta do personal stuff."

 

Guess I can pop open the cake tin too, 'they' thought. Cakes, 'they' said. Tacky chocolate dry things? Yeah never mind.

"Can I- I..." Demphia raised a hand and dropped it again.

"Yeah you can have one if you want. Don't expect much though." I stopped for a bit. Then I was panic rush all of a sudden dropped my phone grabbed the tin and went to Millie, "Oh k-kid sorry I- d'you want one?"

She said, "N-no thanks, don't think I'm hungry..." Fair. I didn't say any more 'sorry' than that one bit I'd said already. Good, it makes me feel bad even worse.

 

Millie turned around to Demphia who'd just stuffed a bunch of biscuits in at once. "I'm not sure like... what I'm thinking here, but Demphia- how do you eat?"

"Wiv muh moaff."

I giggled and then felt like I'd just stubbed my toe but worse cause voice bad. But also oh my god.

Millie kept going. "No like... the food, where does it go?"

"In me."

"Is there an 'in you'?"

"Where else can it go?" Demphia was genuinely confused I was next to losing it.

"Kid", I butted in, "you're fighting a losing battle."

"Uf buhuagh aaaaaa sorry!"

Demphia had an 'I don't get it but ok' face. "I'm not upset", she said. "And... there's a lot of human stuff I don't understand."

Eh. I grabbed the clipboard and flapped it open. "Well there's a bunch of you two stuff I dunno about, so... let's get to it."

Demphia replied, "Let's understand this." Millie nodded.

"So. How do you spell Demphia?"

 

So yeah... two very interestin folks I met at the council today.

Wonder if I'll see them again soon. Would certainly like to. Maybe I can ask them on a good day. Maaaybe. We'll see. Heh.

0