Cold, Cruel, Life.
12 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up. Blood from my head, Rubble of a collapsed hallway behind me. I see Johnnys legs, crushed benath two tons of stone, and i hear them, Approaching this room, knowing they've got me trapped... My Rifle has half a clip left, my sidearm one full, And i've got two fragmentation Grenades... But i won't go down without a fight... The door is breached, and i start shooting, both guns blazing... intil they run dry... then i get hit... I feel the hot metal peirce my lung, my kidney, and my kneecap... I fall... They gather, to shoot the fallen American, Pride in their voices... until they notice the two Pins, sitting beside me... BOOM! Everything goes white, the searing heat immolating my body, then Cold Darkness...

I wake Up, And theres Johnny holding out his hand, The Captain standing behind him... Theres others, From British Special Forces to German SPs, Even some Romans and Gaels in heavy armor... Vikings and Sailors, Even those men i killed, the ones who killed me... All Soldiers... Then Johnny grabs my arm, pulls me up, And smiles at me... "Welcome Home Jimbo", He says to me, We've been waitin for ya. Theres no more Pain here, no War, and no Strife... Put the guns to rest brother...  The war, for us, is over."

I wake up... I feel a deep, cold sorrow. As the day drags on, i hand my tiny newborn Daughter to my mother, as the Soldiers Come up from the Road... They hand me a folded flag, an a letter from my love, The soldier with the missing eye and arm Speaks a few words. He says Jim died a hero, and my hands begin to shake, I open up that letter as my world just seems to break, Written on that paper in a Soft and Somber Tone: If You're Reading This Letter Darling, Then I'm Already Home. My Tears Fall... The World Ends... But Time keeps moving on... 

I Wake up... But my heart is broken, Knowing that You're Gone...

Time has moved far from then, I might find another love, but still i feel this emptiness left behind... I close my eyes to sleep... And as Cold and Cruel as Ever... I WAKE UP.

TO ALL HEROES WHO HAVE FALLEN. YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED. MAY YOUR SOULS REST IN PEACE.

Salute the Fallen?
  • Yes Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
2