Celebrations
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Sorry I couldn't post yesterday, originally I shouldn't be posting on Thursdays but I was pushing myself, thus I didn't release anything yesterday, but nevertheless, please enjoy this chapter!

I stared at the students surrounding me.

“…”

They were either happily chatting while sitting on the ground, recovering their mana or healing teammates.

Asher, Amber and Stacy weren't an exception.

This had been the case for the last 5 minutes after the professors finished talking.

Hmm. 

-I glanced at the professors, sitting and amiably chatting with each other.

I guess their plan really did work.

It was quite ingenious, actually.

With the teachers present, the students were happily lounging around without any fear, their original mission (defend the ‘victim’ against the opposing team/attack the victim on the opposing team) had been forgotten.

I doubt I would have realised their intent if I didn’t hear them discussing this-not straight away at least.

Ah. I should hurry.

Don’t know how the others are faring after all.

I approached Asher and the others at a leisurely pace, careful, trying not to attract much attention.

It seemed to work as people merely glanced my way before turning back to whatever they were doing.

Actually, why am I being so discreet?

When the other students realise we’re gone, won't they realise what’s happening?

Eh. Whatever.

Might as well keep them- the students and the opposing team here for a little longer. 

I shook my head and continued onwards.

I squatted next to Asher behind a bush because he was hiding and used Stacy and Amber as a diversion to get away from all of the attention.

“Pssst-”

“Tell me already, we’re the only ones here.”

“Don’t you think it’s like, suspicious? The professors are intervening at the end of the assessment task even when they are supposed to be only observing, are they trying to distract us or something? 

Now that I think of it, I don’t think that the others would be done by now… Do you think that they are trying to keep us away from the others?

Remember, this is only one of our two assessment tasks.”

Asher took a moment to consider what I said before responding, “Now that I think about it, you’re right, but if the professor’s main objective is to lull us into a false sense of security and prevent us from backing up our team, how are we going to get away anyways? 

Especially since everyone is giving us so much attention, don’t you think someone will point out our escape and the professors will try to prevent us? 

Not to mention, once they are on alert that we realised their intentions, we will never escape their grip!”

“Which is why I came up with a plan-”

Asher squinted his eyes before asking, “Why are you so oddly prepared?”

Crap-

I didn’t think this far.

Ahhhhh what do I say…

Why the heck are they so cautious of ME anyways?-

“Because- Well… The last place has to have everything prepared right? Unlike you guys I have to work my arse off in preparation for the exam and I also have to consider every possible situation that could happen…?”

Asher somehow didn’t hear my self-doubt riddled tone with my excuse and looked at the ground guilty, thinking he touched a soft spot or something.

“…Alright. “

“Let’s head back to tell the others then.”

I quickly said, before almost running back to the others.

“Hey- wait! How will we get back?”

“Later. I’ll discuss it with the others so I don’t need to repeat what I’m going to say twice.”

I quickly added on to my vague statement knowing Asher would protest at my idea if I didn’t.

***

“Wow! I didn’t think that this would actually happen…”

“What did I tell you? I’m amazing.”

“Really?”

“Well, you didn’t have to rub it in, the truth is already shown in my ranking.”

I silently laughed as Asher stared at the ground again, looking like he had been slapped in the face.

He looked really ashamed again.

I’m kind of feeling guilty now…

I turned away and answered the unsaid question, “The teachers obviously didn’t want the assessment to be impossible to complete. 

So basically the professors hid another teleportation orb in our watches, so in the assessment task, they said to double click the power button at the end of the surprise exam.

Obviously all of the Xira students meticulously read the assessment notifications, and probably double clicked it by now.”

I turned to Stacy, Asher and Amber to see that they were nodding along, as expected, their eyes were widening, finally getting what I was implying.

“But the question is why would you need to double click the power button? As soon as I turned on the watch a teleportation orb was sent to me.

The others probably thought that it was so that they could return later when they pleased, which they were partially right about but, the reason why the gave us all individual orbs instead of doing group teleportation which was a lot more cheaper, was so people could eventually realise themselves that it was given so that they could go back anytime.

And anytime means that our first assessment task isn’t finished yet and we have to get back to it as soon as we can.”

Before I was even finished with the explanation, the others were already smashing their marbles of teleportation and were whisked away.

“…”

Well, that works, I guess.

***

SLAM.

Easily taking care of the intruder, I dragged his body under my desk.

I glanced around, no one was watching.

Unlike outright taking down the kidnapper, trying to preserve stealth was harder than I thought.

“Haaah.”

That makes the last of them.

Finally, we’re done.

I glanced around.

It looks like the others shared the same sentiment as me, a tired yet relieved expression on their face.

Mr. Smith being the most tired looking of all, despite not having to fight.

Even though the fight ended, it took me a few more seconds to truly compromise what had happened.

It felt a little weird to be honest.

Silence ensued for a little longer before being broken by the sound of the Head’s voice.

I quickly turned to the source to see a hologram, slightly glitched and fuzzy at the edges speaking.

“I am proud of your efforts, please go back to your dorms and rest well, ready for a fresh new day of learning tomorrow- FELICITY CEASE THE CACKLING- Yes, please enjoy your break while you can. Elijah and Asher, please meet me at my office tomorrow.”

“Ah right. When everyone gets to the exit of the building there will be a professor or guide waiting to escort you back to your dorms.”, Another voice in the background- presumably professor Kyle quickly added.

BZZZT-

The hologram flickered and flashed before finally vanishing.

“Good job guys…” Asher congratulated hoarsely.

“Let’s go back to our dorms and celebrate!” Lucas engertically shouted. 

Everyone turned to him weakly but didn’t have the heart to tell him they were probably going to pass out on their own beds before they hit their pillows tonight.

“Okay..”

0