The Good Karma system
246 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a 2 story, modern western house an old man lay on his deathbed surrounded by his children and grandchildren. In his last moments alive his family cried for him, showing the deep love they each had for the man. 

The man comforted them with cliché lines such as 'Do not worry, I am going to a better place.' The pain never eased however as they all cried holding onto his arm until his last breath was taken, his eyes closed and his heart stopped beating.

{You have died.}

{Looking for a world that fits all of the host's preferences.}

{Target world has been located}

{Adding additional purchased specifications} 

{All of the host's requirements have been met.}

{Beginning reincarnation} 

{Enjoy your new life host}

With that, the soul left the man's body. 

To fully understand what is happening we should go back to a few years earlier when this boy was still in his youth. 

.

.

.

Noah Moore was a boy born on the 18th of June 2002 in New York 

His life was spent mundanely, following the same routine every day. When he reached the age where he started high school it seemed everyone around him started pressuring him to find out what he wanted to do with his life. 

So Noah thought, he thought a lot but all he wanted to be/ have seemed to be impossible. 

The richest man on the planet, incredibly strong, a chick magnet, etc. The fantasy of any kid his age. Still, he knew it was impossible and like most kids after that realization, he started to try and think more realistically.

Like that his days passed with an unclear destination. His already mundane life becomes even duller as he slowly starts to lose motivation for anything besides his hobbies. 

Instead of studying, he would watch anime or stay up late playing video games. As a consequence, his grades dropped, and with that came the scolding of his parents and teachers telling him he needed to do better so he could live a better life. 

After hearing enough of it, he decided to try again. To make one actual effort, he would hope that through that effort he would achieve this so-called better and happier life everyone said he would. 

That is when it happened.

(Noah POV)

'Seriously do they design this stuff to be as boring as possible?'

I roll over on my bed, putting down the hardcover textbook to the side. I now faced my gaming setup and almost immediately an internal debate occurred in my brain. 

'It would be so much easier to just stop filling my head with this useless knowledge and do something I actually enjoy.'

'Still, this useless knowledge is what's supposed to get me far in life.'

'Is that really true though, it's not like everyone can succeed just by putting in a little effort, what if I'm no different and all this knowledge goes down the drain?'

*Sigh* 

I turn back around my back now away from the temptation. I stare back at the hardcover of the textbook.

'Introduction to Astronomy'

I still haven't been able to find my actual 'passion' something I could do for my entire life and not get tired of but to satisfy everyone around me I put up a facade of wanting to be an astronaut. Of all the career options I researched this one seemed the most fun. So I decided to pursue it, I studied, researched, etc. 

*Sigh* 

There are only four options available to me. To not try and fail, to try and succeed, to try and fail, or to not try and succeed (winning the lottery, or marrying a rich woman). 

With my decision to 'try' I eliminated the ones where I don't try and focused on the other two. 

'I can only try if I succeed then great, if not then I've disappointed myself and everyone who believed in me.' 

'Great.'

With my thoughts put together, I picked up the book before starting to flip through it back to the page I had left. 

Before I could even start to read again however a synthetic voice sounded in my head.

{Initiating system... Hello, you have been chosen to be the host of the Good Karma System, to find out more details please say use the screen in front of you.}

"What?"

That's how it all started. 

The Good Karma system is exactly what it sounds like. It rewards points when you do a good deed. Of course, the points you earn are dependent on what the actual deed was. 

For context 'n' represents people

{- Doing an action that benefited an individual or group positively in a small way. (1*n points) 

Example: Helping a classmate pick up dropped materials. 

-Doing an action that benefited an individual or group positively in a notable way. (5*n points) 

Example: Helping a classmate pass a test, that without you they would have failed. 

-Doing an action that benefited an individual or group positively in a large way. (50*n points) 

Example: Offering a ride to someone running late for a job interview, that would ultimately lead their life in a downward spiral. 

-Doing a life-changing action that completely changes a person or group's life for the better. (500*n points)

Example: Saving a child from being killed in a car crash. 

Notice: Bonus points may be rewarded if the host during one of the actions put himself at risk of negative consequences.}

The points that you gained from the good deeds could be used to customize your next life. So as it seemed I would have to work my ass off to succeed in my next life.

And when I say work my ass off I truly mean it. 

{-customized appearance (500 points)

-Increased immunity to disease (1000 points) 

-Increased senses (1,200 points) 

-Natural athleticism (1,500 points)

-Eidetic memory (10,000 points) 

-Natural talent (10,000 points for every talent) }

Those were some of the more physical things I wanted to have for my next life. It seemed the way the system worked was by transmigrating a soul into a preexisting newborn that fit all of the requirements. That's what it would be if the host didn't purchase more world-changing specifics. 

{-Memory transfer(50,000 points)

-Fictional world of the host's choosing (500,000 points) 

-Choosing the background into which the host will be born. (500,000 points)

-Merging fictional worlds of the host's choosing (1,000,000*x points) (x represents the number of worlds the host wants to merge.)

-Plot armor (100,000,000 points) }

The things that required changes to the world itself were expensive. For choosing just one fictional world I would need to have needed to positively change the lives of around 1,000 people. 

At the time I was in disbelief and thought I was hallucinating from too much studying. That was until the next morning I helped my mom pick up a fork she dropped and received a notification saying I gained 1 point. 

After that as I slowly came to understand the system and the chance I had just received my motivation to make my life meaningful increased.

{Further details about the system that the host should know. 

-You cannot purchase supernatural abilities or include supernatural worlds as a specification. 

-Immortality is purchasable but it is recommended you think before you purchase. 

- Points will not be taken away from acts that could be considered bad. The point of this system is to encourage the host to build a better life for themselves. 

-The host's intent upon doing an action does not have to be as 'good' as his action. The host can hate someone while also saving their life and will be rewarded points. 

-The host putting an end to someone who wishes harm on another for malicious reasons will count as good karma as the host is making a positive impact.

-Further, inquiries will most likely have an answer in the tab that reads 'info'.} 

It's quite funny to think about, I'm living my current life so that I can live my next one happier. Still, gaining points became my motivation. I dedicated my life to helping as many people as possible. 

I studied extremely hard in medicine. I worked odd jobs around the city saving up money as a high school student to try and get into investment. I tutored my classmates on my days off. I did everything I could think of to allow myself to get enough money to make a difference.

I graduated top of my class before I went to university. I was able to get a scholarship and could support myself easily with the money I had accumulated. 

By that time I was already able to afford all the physical specifics I wanted in my next life. 

I continued my educational path as a medical student and when that was all over I was able to get hands-on experience as a helper in a hospital until eventually, I managed to get a job as a surgeon. 

I could proudly say that I had saved many lives, although other times I was less fortunate and had to break the news to the patient's family. 

Time passed like that before I found that at the rate I was going I wouldn't accomplish all I wanted, and with that realization, I focused more of my attention on trying to develop cures for diseases. 

Around this time I was making a lot of money from stocks and could live the rest of my life comfortably off of it alone. 

While researching medicine I also started to create charities that went to help various people around the world that were struggling. It started small but the donations increased the more my fame from becoming a multimillionaire also increased. 

It was around this time that I met the woman that would later become my wife. I had numerous failed relationships that all ended because I focused too much on work. I started to lose hope thinking that it simply wasn't in the cards for me until I met her. 

Her name was Alicia and she would later become one of the reasons I thought that maybe my current life was worth it. 

We met at a party that was hosted as a result of the success of one of my charities. It started as a simple attraction that grew the more we talked. It wasn't long after that, that we started going on dates until eventually we were married. 

Alicia unlike the rest didn't mind my focus on my work. She herself was the same as she had her own business. Still, we made time for each other, and our marriage stayed strong. By the age of 28, I had my first child with her named Alex. 

By the age of 30, my wealth had reached the billions. At that point, I started a foundation with 80% of my wealth going in to help the less fortunate. 

By 32, I had my second child a girl we named Angelica. 

By 35, my research in medicine had paid off as I had managed to make a cure for some major diseases that until then had no real cure.

At this point, I had majorly improved the life of well over 500,000 people bringing my total points to over 80,000,000 points. I had gotten most of the things I wanted. 

By 40, I had my last child another girl who we named Charlotte. 

My wealth continued to grow with my investment in spacecraft as well as transportation. I was well respected and looked up to as a hero by many people something I tried not to think about as all of my actions had ulterior motives. I was even awarded a Nobel prize for my discovery in medicine. 

By 65 all my children had children and they were nice enough to visit me every once in a while. I continued my charity despite already having more than enough points to buy everything I wanted. 

By 70 Alicia had passed away from simple old age. I comforted my kids and grandkids helping them cope with her passing, although I was also in grief. 

As much as I say all of this was for my next life I truly found myself caring for certain parts of my current one. 

75, that was the age that I left that world. 

One thing I could take from my experience was motivation is a strong thing. It could get you farther than you ever thought possible, well that and a little luck. 

In my final moments, I made one last purchase to the system. It was something of a custom order, my memory as Noah Moore would be erased but the knowledge of all I've learned will be kept. 

In this way, the individual I came to be will remain in the hearts of those who love me. But the original kid who used the system to achieve a new life would get his wish. 

In that way, the soul of Noah Moore left the world. His life was honored throughout history as a savior and medical genius.

——————————————————————————

(A/N: This is an outline for the character I'm making, please tell me your thoughts. This story will probably not be updated at least not regularly until my main fanfic is done.) 

5