Beginning
87 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chatter can be heard coming from inside a classroom. Not minding the discussions taking place around him, a 17 year old teen stands up and picks up his backpack before quietly making his way out of the room and down the hallway. 

The youth's name was Kaito Sasaki, Sasaki being his family name. He was a person of average looks and high intellect. He was Japanese born and raised. He spent his time doing nothing but watching anime or reading light novels, manga and fanfics. At least that's what he showed those around him. Truthfully Kaito had big ambitions, dreams that the rest of the world thought impossible. 

He wanted what most men wanted, power, but his idea of power was absolute strength, a strength that couldn't be beaten. He wanted to stand on the pinnacle of life. He didn't want to be a politician, influencer or anyone who's strength lie in the connections they formed. Kaito wanted to be someone everyone had to acknowledge as an individual that was above all. While most would laugh at this an call it the rambling of a chuni he pursued his goal even with the impossibility of it. 

The second thing he wanted that seemed equally as laughable was women. He wanted beautiful, smart and skillful women who would love him whole heartily. Kaito wanted women to stand by him as he stood at the top. 

Kaito worked for these goals, he would work himself to near death. He broke himself so many times trying to break through the limit of humans. He met so many walls and limits such as his current body, that wasn't developed enough for him to reach what he wanted to. Still Kaito persisted, and when it didn't seem he was getting any stronger through methods like weight lifting or calisthenics he soon looked for other ways to improve himself. He started taking martial arts like boxing, kung fu, karate and anything else he could find. He did not hold talent for any of them but his hard work got him through.He had gotten far on his journey, and he was confident he could beat anyone currently, still that wasn't enough. 

He had still not yet found anyone to pursue as a lover, as they were all missing something crucial, something he couldn't pinpoint. The most he has done is a few one night stands with women he thought might be what he was looking for. 

He knew it was unfair and scum-ish to desire and seek out a harem but he had little care for any of that. He would make his women happy beyond belief, no matter what it took. Put plainly Kaito was a fool, a fool who wished for the impossible, a fool who strived to reach a place everyone deemed only for a god. However, as it turns out this fool was also extremely lucky. 

(Kaito POV)

I continued my walk to my apartment. I had managed to convince my parents to rent me a apartment close to the school with some bullshit reasons like studying would be easier. They agreed and made me promise my grades would stay high and I would visit them often. 

What else can I do? This question constantly plagued my mind since I hit another wall. The easiest answer I could come up with was to simply wait until my body matured a little more. The problem was I didn't want to wait. With these thoughts running through my head I arrived at my apartment. Going inside I took off my uniform and went in the bathroom to take a shower. When I was done I sat on my bed and deliberated for the umpteenth time what the hell could I do to get stronger.

"I need more strength". As that statement left my mind a screen appeared before. 

——————————————————————————

{You have been observed by the highest entity in existence. They have taken note of your ambition.

You have been sent a message:

'Do you truly think you have what it takes to reach the pinnacle, if so I challenge you. Get as strong as possible and face me as an individual. If you do accept this challenge I will grant you the ability to transcend your limits.'

Do you accept this challenge: 

[Yes] [No] }

——————————————————————————

(3rd person POV)

Kaito was in a daze looking at the message. So many questions were going through his mind, but when he finished reading a crazed smile appeared on his lips. He was just given an opportunity to achieve everything he's ever wanted. His heart was beating loud against his chest and without hesitation he pressed yes on the mysterious screen.

——————————————————————————

{Are you sure, you want to accept? Your soul will be forcefully removed from this world and will be transmigrated into a world optimized for achieving greater power.

[Accept] [Deny]

——————————————————————————

When Kaito read this he had to stop himself forcefully from simply pressing accept and thought back to his family. He loved his family, he really did but this is something he would not miss out on. "Sorry mom, sorry dad." Kaito suddenly came to a realization that he simply needed to be strong enough to travel worlds easily. "I will be back". With another goal to achieve Kaito's crazed smile returned before he pressed accept and instantly his vision went dark. 

-X-

Waking up Kaito found himself in a simple room that was lightly furnished, it was not unlike the apartment he was in previously. He took notice of the unfamiliar feeling of his body. 

"Makes sense I did transmigrate.. holy fuck I really just got isekaid." Of all the things he kept hidden from his surroundings, his love for anime, manga and fanfics was something he didn't hide. In fact what mostly sparked his insatiable desire for strength was seeing the insane strength of his favorite characters. 

Kaito calmed his racing heart, taking deep breaths he stood up. As soon as he stood up however a pain assaulted his head, as 17 years worth of memories was forced into his brain. Gritting his teeth he waited for the pain to reside before his vision refocused, his brain no longer feeling like it was stabbed with 1000 needles. 

It seemed the person who the body belonged to had the same name as him. He was an orphan who's parents were killed in a plane crash when he was around 6. He had no other living relatives so he was taken in by a orphanage that did a good job at raising the children. He grew up relatively happy after accepting his parent's death, he had a few friends but wasn't very sociable. Most of his time was spent studying or playing video games. He went to Fujimi Academy after graduating middle school. There he kept to himself mainly, going about his day studying. He had gotten a part time job because he wanted to be at least a little independent, with that money he rented a apartment and saved up money for his college tuition. 

Kaito finished receiving the previous owner of the bodies memories, for a few seconds he stood there in amazement. Suddenly he laughed, his evil smile that he called his bad habit made a reappearance. 

'This is the world of Highschool of the dead' Kaito laughed at his finding. He did not expect to be transported into an actual anime world. This new finding brought up his already monstrous motivation to new heights. Still smiling Kaito stood up before making his way to a mirror he saw in the corner of his room. Dark brown hair with maroon colored eyes, his face could be considered handsome, and he stood at height of 5'8 174 cm. As much as Kaito hated to admit it it was an upgrade from his previous self. Still none of that mattered anymore as this was him now. Kaito also took notice of the lack of muscle around his arms, the same could be said about the rest of his body. Kaito could see he would need to get this body to his liking and hopefully before the apocalypse started. 

When Kaito was looking at himself in the mirror a screen appeared in the reflection.

{Would you like to initiate the system?

[Yes] [No] }

Kaito was shocked to say the least. 'So is this what he meant by something that will help me transcend my limits?'. Unhesitatingly Kaito pressed yes, and the screen disappeared. When he started to get confused a synthetic voice sounded in his head. 

{Initiating link between host and the 'Limit Breaker System' .. connection formed, welcome host if you have questions please ask them now.} 

Kaito who heard all this in his head had a bunch of questions, but chose to ask the more important one's first. 'What are you?' Despite already knowing the answer, thanks to his countless hours spent reading fanfics Kaito still asked just in case.

{I am the 'Limit breaker System' built and designed by the highest entity to help you rise to greater power.} 

'Who is the highest entity and why does he want to challenge me?'

{You are not yet qualified to receive that information.}

'Hmm, ok, what world am I in?'

{As the host has already figured out, you are in the world of 'Highschool of the dead', this has been chosen as the best place to start your journey.} 

'Can I go to other worlds?'

{Yes, when the host reaches the required strength you will be free to travel along with those who you choose to other worlds that fit the requirement.} 

'Nice!, whats the requirement for choosing the world?' 

{The world's strength will be decided by taking the strength of the strongest individual and the strength of the average person, then the average will be found and if that average fits between the allowed strength you will be given permission.} 

'What's the maximum strength the next world can have if I want to go to it?'

{The current world you are in has a average strength of 160 with the strongest entity being at a strength of 300 and the average person being at a strength of 20. The next world you are allowed to go to must have an average strength of no more than 3,000.} 

'I think I understand it, still 3,000 strength when the average here is 160 may prove hard, still though'. Kaito's bad habit reappeared, 'Difficulty had never stopped me before, why the hell would I let it now?!' Kaito with his unmovable conviction asked the system. 'So what can you do'

{Displaying all features of system}

——————————————————————————

-[Status]

Description: Displays your quantified base abilities, as-well as class.

-[Skills]

Description: Displays all learned abilities as well as there mastery.

-[Shop]

Description: Allows you to buy items and skills that fit your worlds current strength. Note: Items that are above your current world will not be shown until you reach that level.

-[Inventory](F rank)

Description: Gives you a subspace to store things, it was given as a gift along with the system to help the host achieve greater heights. Note: the current 'inventory' rank is 'F rank' meaning you are limited to a 6ft by 6ft by 6ft cube to store things in. You cannot store anything living, the space will freeze time around objects you put in it. 

-[Titles]

Description: If the host achieves something notable they may receive a title. That said title may give an advantage to the host.

——————————————————————————

'Interesting, system show my [status]'

——————————————————————————

Name: Kaito Sasaki 

Class: None

Level: 1 (0/10)

Age: 17

Race: Human

Parameters:

Strength: 16

Defense: 18

Agility: 23

Constitution: 17

Dexterity: 16

Magic: 0

Magic defense: 0

Charm: 85

——————————————————————————

'What I expected from this body, ..I seem to be currently a little bit faster than normal people. Also I'm assuming magic will remain 0 until I get to a world that actually has it.' While Kaito was thinking this he told the system to access the next part of his system. 

'System show my [skills]'

——————————————————————————

Skills:

[Inventory](F rank)

[Appraisal](F rank)——————————————————————————

Doesn't seem that any of my old skills transferred over, guess I will have to make my body relearn them. Also it seems [appraisal] was another thing given by this mysterious entity.'

'Show the [Shop]'

——————————————————————————

Current LB points: 100

[Search keywords here]

——————————————————————————

'Sweet a free 100 LB points, open [Inventory]'

——————————————————————————

[Inventory]

Katana(C rank) 

1 weeks worth of food(1 person)(D rank)

1 set of clothes(D rank)

——————————————————————————

'System do I have any [titles] at the moment?'

{The host currently has 0 titles.}

'As expected, system are there any other things I should be aware of?'

{Yes, first as another gift from the highest entity you will be given a 7 day login bonus. With this you will be given items, skills or boost to help you start. Secondly, host has 1 month before people will start to be affected, it is recommended you use this time to prepare. Lastly, the system can issue quest to the host and upon completion you will be rewarded, the rewards will depend on the difficulty, the difficulty will be ranked from F - Ex, F being the lowest difficulty. This grading system is also used to rank items and skills.} 

'Great I can get quest, also this 7 day login bonus should be useful.' 

{A quest has been issued to the user,

Title: Preparations

Description: Reach 50 in all parameters except magic related ones before the start of the outbreak.

Rewards: +50% mastery in one skill of your choosing, +100 LB points. Additional rewards will be given if you reach higher than 50 in all parameters.}

'I have to reach twice the amount of strength I currently have in 30 days, hmm, well no pain no gain.'

Currently it was Sunday so Kaito had the day off, he would use this time to train. He started off Saitama style 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats, and a 10-km run. 

When he finished this he went home and worked on his dexterity. He would juggle trying to build his hand eye coordination, he stretched his hands, and did basic finger movements over and over in a specific pattern. He found this did increase his dexterity by 1. Even if it was little he had shown progress in his stats. His parameters now looked like this 

——————————————————————————

Parameters:

Strength: 18

Defense: 19

Agility: 25

Constitution: 19

Dexterity: 17

Magic: 0

Magic defense: 0

Charm: 85

——————————————————————————

It was quite hard exercising with a body that wasn't used to it, but he pulled through. 

Satisfied with his results Kaito went to sleep and prepared for tomorrow's event's. 

——————————————————————————

(A/N: Well new fanfic, release schedule hasn't been decided yet. Comment your thoughts, peace.)

4