Ch. 6 The Difference
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[In The Palace Of Gods]

Chapter 6

The Difference

(I'm done training sensei.) Where's my lunch? 

(Hey it's been 6 days, how much did you progress?) Lunch's in the fridge. 

(I can punch a hole in the doll without touching it, and recover lost limbs, and walk on water, and-) 

(OK that's enough.. Before you go and eat your lunch, go wake up Hana.) She's in the room next to the research lab. 

(Who's Hana?) 

(She's my youngest daughter. She'll be teaching you magic from tomorrow.) Be ready. 

(Huh? I did not know you even had children!!) 

Neon was shocked beyond belief. He did not know that his young looking sensei had children. 

(Well, what do you think, a several hundred billion year old man won't have children??) My grandchildren had grandchildren thousands of years ago. 

(Bi- Bil- Billions of years?? Are you the oldest being alive??) That's soooo old. 

(There were and are beings who are several thousand billion years old.) I'm very young compared to them. 

Neon walked up to the stairs and stood on them, which moved on their own. Such a convenient thing to have, instead of climbing those many steps. 

He then turned right and walked towards the place Tony pointed. He saw a room with unknown characters which said Research Lab. He pinched himself. How was he able to read something he never learned? 

He walked still in thought about how he read it. He came to the room which was beside the research lab. 

He knocked on the door. It was opened by a girl who looked about his age. She had untidy hair and her room was messy. 

(So you are the kid - you have a stable flow of mana. Not bad for a human.) 

*Ki-Kid?? Well, to her, I must be a kid. Remember that looks can be deceiving. And sensei said that even his grandchildren had grandchildren, and she is his daughter. *

(Yes. My name is Neon, it's a pleasure to meet you.) Sensei has called you down.

(Tell him that I'll come later.) I've got some work to do. 

(Okie. How old are yo-) 

Bad, it's bad. She was going to kill me just now. What a glare she gave me! 

.. 

.. 

.. 

(Hi Naku, I can already walk on water. Aren't I a genius!!) 

(You're not anything special. This is something that everyone can easily learn.) Don't get overconfident. 

(Is that so? I had a question, if time here runs a hundred times faster than that of my world, then aren't you coming to teach me almost immediately?) Though to me, it seems like several days. 

(It runs a hundred times faster than YOUR WORLD. In the palace, time runs only a little faster than in here.) So I actually come after a few days. 

(Oohhh! I didn't know that it was like that. One more question, now I can regenerate even my head. So does that mean that even you or sensei won't be able to kill me?) I've been wanting to ask that for a long time. 

(Hahahahahahahaha. If I want, I can wipe you out of existence. I can directly attack your soul or hit you with black flames which won't allow you to regenerate. I can kill you in a million different ways. We have an almost infinite difference between us.) Don't overestimate yourself brat! 

(That's scary!! By the way, is Hana sensei an  expert in magic?) She will be teaching me from tomorrow. 

(That's right, she is the head of the Magic Research Institute. She is probably the best person who can teach you magic without killing you.) Others would lose their patience. 

(Can I ask one more question?) 

(Tsk- ask what you want quickly.) We've got to start our lesson too. 

(How old are you and do you have any children?) You can ignore the question if ya want though. 

(I'm 348 million years old and have 3 children.) 

(Dammnnnn. It feels soo odd to me.) 

(Anyways, time for class.) 

.. 

.. 

(The breakfast is soo good sensei.) 

(Hehe, don't underestimate me.) You can praise me more, ya know. 

(Hi Dad~, hi brat.) Tch.. 

(Hi.) She must be still angry about yesterday. 

(What's with the mood, did you guys get into a fight?) 

(Nope dad, he just met me yesterday yet tried asking me my age.) Hmph. 

(Well that's-) How do I apologise ???? 

(She's 12 million.) Approx age. 

(DAD, WHY DID YOU TELL HIM???????????????) 

(12 million?) Let's not be surprised. Naku looks younger. 

(Why are you so angry bout' it? He's just 15. Think of him as your child.) You won't be embarrassed if your child knows your age right? 

(Child?? He's younger than my descendants. Lol) 

(Seriously!!!??) 

.. 

.. 

(We're going to practice magic there in that room.) You see it right? 

(Why there instead of the usual practice room?) Yes, I see it. 

(You'll see once we get there.) 

(Ok) I wanted to be in the usual room. 

(Follow me inside.) 

Hana opened the door and stepped inside. Neon followed her inside. 

{DOOOOOMMMMM}

(Argh I can't stand properly! My body hurts as well.) I'm a little dizzy too. 

(This room is filled with mana. Since your body has a low amount of mana, the mana outside is trying to enter your body to balance out the pressure. Concentrate and feel how the mana is going inside your body. Try controlling it. If you don't achieve that quickly, you'll die from mana sickness.) 

(What sickness?) 

(Mana sickness. It occurs either when you deplete all of your mana or if you try to intake mana more than your capacity.) 

(But how would I die if I can regenerate?) 

(You can regenerate from wounds. Not from sickness or poison. Well keep trying, I'll be back after sometime.) 

.. 

.. 

.. 

.. 

(Are you done with the arrangements?) 

(Yea I'm done master.) 

(Check everything again, this is one of the most important events that happens once every million years. If anything goes wrong, our company would be blamed.) 

(I wonder what's going to happen at the event this time..) 

mz0kKkkHvWCc7I22hiXeo6ld6yMRWSoC3CGmATluDZ8Q_By04luXR2JIXEVdq9nHBcgH9ZARxd-YK4H2JK3CqUQt5GT9LNHkaga1NXzKLV0LhBLnbTO-SXogA2QYG4J_B57kDNPWgzyt_w8Le6NvqQENeon! 

S8jLqH6LPNXPK-GOAL3usz57TYFiCPyKzpAlEZ8SYnRWYw4RYAXeOMKpaGmwKl3O6MYtC7UFxG5j4oyjUGYkkGLVSDjWLRXSfufIq3a-1ipy5qqYP30IH5lXnj7CIT0rzD8ks2Q4qSvtn70GE-IOhoUNaku! 

................... 

Edit: I can't draw very well so please bear with the sketches. 

Like and comment if you like my series. 

2