Prologue – 1
130 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the dead of the night through a quite street a black clocked hooded figure was walking on a deserted street path . But , his walking pattern was a little strange .

The figure was walking some distance and then stops then again starts walking . Repeating like that the figure was advancing onwards to the other end direction of the street . Along with his strange walking style the situation there was also pretty much strange . You might be wondering why do you say that . The street was pretty big and long in length with skyscrapers standing on the both sides . 

If that's all there was then there was nothing strange to it but considering the situation of the street path ,and the walls of the houses then it would look certainly strange .

You might be wondering what was the conditions of the street walls and paths .

 

Nothing much  just the street looked like it was abandoned apparently for more than a century and marks of fighting and dried blood patches could be seen here and there . Along with big silky cobwebs some unknown skeletons littered around there .

 

The figure was walking on the street quietly without making any footstep noises when suddenly there was a faint noise and the walking figure stopped on his track . The figure was alert and  looked around to pin point the source of the sound . But after looking around sometime without any success the figure started to walk again making sure its safe .

The hooded figure was almost reached the end of the street where the street meets the city square . In this nick of time when apparently the figure had relaxed his vigilance a little a weird creature leapt toward him from the shadows of one of the buildings . The creature was extremely fast . In a matter of seconds it was almost on the figure . But even in the sudden ambush and with its extreme speed ,it failed to catch its prey . It slid down the concrete street path and stopped a distance away creating long marks .

 

Even in the face of the sudden ambush from the monster the figure reacted as fast as the monster if not more ,which was unbelievable because that speed was inhuman . Looking at the figure it was a male human and also of young age approximately in his early 20s . And it looked like the figure has some superpower . Some lightning arcs were coming out from the figure's body downward to earth . Some electricity were also could be seen flowing in his finger tips . After evading the monster's ambush he got the time to observe  the monster that attacked him  . 

 

It was a weird looking creature . Its  form was neither a beast nor a human . It has the upper part from head to the waist of a human female and lower part of a giant spider . With its odd disposition it looked equally beautiful and terrifying .

It has eight spider legs on the lower part and on the upper part where there should be human hands there were giant sickle like hands . This monster was a spider type mutant commonly known as 'Arcane ' . It was a rare type mutant in ' C ' rank monster category . It was as such described in the illustration book of the great Arimoth . The Arimoth was a bard , explorer , geologist who was famous for his illustrations on various types of monsters available or came to existence after great earth evolution . 

After knowing that it was a arcane monster he threw a sharp knife towards the monster without giving a chance to the monster to react to him . When the monster crossed its sickle like hands to defend the incoming projectile ,the figure came to the back of the monster . He swing a blade in the direction of the monster where human part and spider part were connected . On his sward a light blueish lightning were flowing through . The blade connected the flesh of the monster and its upper part got separated from its lower part . Then the monster started to burn . The figure remembered that arcane monsters were weak against fire or lightning type attacks . And he was a lightning type user , that's why he took this job . After he finished the monster he was ready to leave the place but six to seven more arcane monsters jumped out from the nearby buildings toward him . 

" Damn " 

He cursed seemingly remembering some important information about arcane monsters . In the illustration book , it was described that the arcane monsters never lives alone  . They live creating a group of nests .  So it was stated that if you ever see one arcane monster nearby then be ready to face a ton of arcane monsters . And now he was going to face that how can he forgot this detail . These creepy crawlies would be bringing their whole families from every generation of their to hunt him down . He didn't want to lose his life here . Thats why without wasting anymore time he created a circle of lightning around him to make this seven monsters away from him . It would take heavy toll on him because of the circle but he had no options . Two monsters attacked him but they  caught on fire when they came very close to him and got in the contact with his lightning circle . Looking at the two injured members other monsters didn't got close to him but encircled him from a three meters distance . He threw a knife towards the core of the monster on its chest embedding lightning power on the knife . Due to the extreme fast speed of the trajectory the knife embedded on the targeted position  .  The monster couldn't react to it . Getting in contact with the knife the core burst apart and produced a loud explosion . Taking this chance he bolted out and ran towards his parked bike . He has  parked his bike near a destroyed lamp post in the middle of the city square . He quickly reached his bike and started . His bike looked like a little futuristic ,like his bike has jet engine and his bike was levitating . The vehicle looked like egg shaped with silvery metallic texture . With his levitating bike he navigated very smoothly in this ruined world . To check his pursuers he looked back and got the scare of his life . On the building walls , on the path those arcane monsters were everywhere . It was like a big tsunami, these insect monsters were pursuing him . He raised his speed more but the monsters were still catching up to him . Some roads were blocked by other damaged vehicles ,fallen skyscrapers . But he didn't decrease the speed instead increased more . With a zigzag pattern he crossed the obstacles . 

 

After an hour of riding and monsters on his tail, he reached where very high walls with encircled fire came to his vision . Due to the high temperature radiating from the fire the monsters gave up the chasing and retreated . He was also relieved that they gave up  . He activated his anti fire mechanism of the bike and entered the path through the wall to outside world . 

 

 

 

3