Chapter 38: Deceptive light
241 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 397 of the Holy Calendar - Border wall of the Royal Capital

(Alastor POV)

"Blasphemous!" Ruciel

His spear pierces the air as he approaches me directly with a powerful thrust.

"HA!" Alastor

I dodge it by moving my body slightly to the left and I swing my war hammer downwards.

"!!!" Ruciel

Breaking his right knee and dislocating his left leg.

"..." Alastor

The head of the Isekai Church leaves a trail of blood as it is dragged across the ground in the opposite direction of my attack.

If it were a normal person this would have ended the fight, but...

"Holy skill" Ruciel

I can see the mana inside him being absorbed by a void inside his chest.

"Full restore" Ruciel

And the void expands inside his body to cover his legs.

"So that is how it is done" Alastor

The whole process only takes an instant, I was barely able to feel it.

A bright light covers the wounded area as the void engulfs the old legs and instantly replaces them with an exact replica of them.

The light itself doesn't do anything, it's more likely to be a distraction or side effect.

"God is the light that illuminates the path of righteousness, under its grace one shall not fall" Ruciel

The Isekai Pope stands up and kisses the pendant with the symbol of the Isekai Church on his neck under the white robe.

"Support his holiness!!" Wall guard

A shower of arrows rains down from the top of the wall.

"How about this!" Alastor

I ignore the arrows and sprint toward my opponent.

"..." Ruciel

His dual artifacts get in a defensive position, awaiting a swing of my War hammer.

"Wide open!" Alastor

I don't swing my weapon, but use the base of it to do a staff-like charge at his neck.

"Guhh!!" Ruciel

Breaking his throat.

"KYAAAAAA!!!" Woman

The blood flooding out of his mouth dyes the front of his clothes red.

"His holiness!!" Citizens

A crowd begins to gather in the surroundings.

"This should be enough" Alastor

I should get out of here while he is unable to cast any magic.

"G...UH!!!" Ruciel

Just before jumping to the top of the wall, I take a last look at my silenced opponent.

"!!!" Alastor

What is he doing?!

He stabbed himself in the chest with his own sword!

"...This body will not decay until God so requires it" Ruciel

That sword has the same effect as the healing magic, his body is back to a healthy shape.

"This is becoming annoying" Alastor

His left hand brings both his weapons to the side while his right hand takes out something from his robe.

"His grace will manifest upon this world" Ruciel

Is it that?! The famous Subst...!

"For the Isekai Church!!" Wall guards

More arrows?

No, these are...!

*BOOMM*

"Waahh!" Citizens

"Noo!!" Citizens

"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MINDS!" Alastor

Cannons! They shoot cannons inside the city!

"THERE ARE PEOPLE DOWN HERE!!" Alastor

The very reason why I am not using my flames is because of the houses and the people around!

They are involving innocent people!

"We are all god's sacrificial lambs!" Ruciel

In his hand raised above the height of his head, a white canteen with a disturbing smell is shown to everyone in the surroundings.

"Ah..." Citizens

"Ug..." Citizens

The foul odor is enough to make some people in the audience pass out.

"And through that sacrifice, we become more significant beings!" Ruciel

Substance X, it is said that only those capable of digesting its contents are eligible as candidates to become the Isekai Pope.

"I offer my body and soul to you!" Ruciel

I should not let him drink it!

"For our Holy guide!"

Priest and nuns create a human barricade in front of the Isekai pope as they pray to the two overlapping triangles symbol in their hands.

"!" Alastor

That strange action stops me for one second before deciding to jump over them.

"Damn it!" Alastor

That second was enough for him to ingest the strange liquid that contained a tiny sample of the green-numbered cloud of the system inside.

"Now I am a pure vassal of god!" Ruciel

The wind pressure throws me away from him as I land back from where I jumped.

"I have now become the Invincible Saint of peace, prepare to pay for your sins!" Ruciel

Covered in a brilliant light, he speaks through the air as his newly formed pure white wings allow him to fly.

"So that is the power of the famous Substance X" Alastor

In the forgotten previous demon war, it was that which allowed the Royal Capital to withstand the attacks of countless demon generals.

"I never would have imagined that I would have to face it myself" Alastor

2