A great start
48 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--[Darkheart Imperial Academy]--

"Please proceed on the path ahead." Arc says before disappearing in a puff of smoke.

The only problem is that there's three paths branching in different directions.

"I think he forgot to tell us which path to take?"

"Maybe this is part of the test?"

"What's the correct path?"

"Where do we go?"

"I don't want to fail here."

The crowd slowly goes into an uproar, everyone starts to get scared at the thought of failing. Even the proud nobles seem confused and worried, the fear of reporting their failures back to the family causes them to freeze up.

Meanwhile Light and Eris...

"Which path should we go on?"

"I don't think it really matters, let's just go left." Light shrugs.

"Ok..."

 

Everyone watches as Light and Eris go down the left path, until an idea pops up in their head.

'It's not like they can fail all of us.'

They all went down the left path.

 

 

---

The scenery changes the deeper they go down the path as more and more trees start to encase the path. The forest is never ending and filled with mushrooms and other plants. Things seem to reflect off each other creating an illusion that changes the landscape depending on how you view the forest.

"Whoa, where are we?"

"This is the forest of mirrors, one of the seven mysteries of the academy."

A charming boy with blue hair responds. He has round light blue eyes and a small face, in addition to his short height of 150 centimeters and small body that attracted the attention of others. For clothes he wore black dress pants and a blue vest with a clean white shirt underneath, further enhancing this effect. 

Light and Eris both flinch before turning around and asking who the mysterious boy is.

"Who are you?"

"I'm sorry if I scared you. My name is Levi Mourn of the Mourn barony." Levi lightly laughs before answering. "Mind if I know your names."

"I'm Eris."

"And I'm Light."

They both warily answer.

"I didn't get your last na..." Levi asks before Eris cuts him off.

"Anyways, what's so special about this forest?" Eris questions.

A forced smile appears on Levi's face. "This forest is said to be never ending, which caused a lot of curious students to explore this place, but none of them ever came back. Legends say that the forest acts like a mirror, keeping those that enter from leaving. It's said that the fog that surrounds us is the remnants of those that never escaped."

"Where did you learn that from?"

"Blue Moon magazine."

The group kept talking until they reached a row of tents.

Other groups of people come out from different sides of the forest questioning where they are.

From the tents, a mysterious yet similar voice is heard from within.

"Nobody got lost, that's new."

'This is the same voice that came from the entrance.' Light recalls.

"Welcome to the first test."

'Why are there so many of them, did they all go on the same path?' The mysterious woman starts to get a headache as she explains. "Just come when I call your name to get your magic affinity tested."

"Vivian... Lockheart."

"She seems..." Eris says. 

"Really unprofessional" Light finishes.

"Yeah..." Levi agrees.

 

 

---

"It's been 2 hours."

"Why is it taking so long?"

"Who's that?"

A young girl with fiery red hair and metal armor stands up. She has an aura of arrogance, making others open up a path for her.

To combat the boredom the trio made a game to identify the person called up. 

"Scarlet Everflame, the prodigy daughter of the Ignis dragon tribe. They say her arrogance knows no bounds due to her dragon blood, and because of her arrogance anyone who opposes her is burnt to a crisp. There's been five cases of this, and each family paid compensation even though they did nothing wrong." Levi gives a detailed explanation. "You shouldn't mess with her."

"I can't wait to fight her." Eris says, completely ignoring Levi's warning.

"You got it sis, she's nothing compared to you."

'What have I gotten myself into.'

 

 

---

"Levi Mourn..."

"It seems like it's my time to go."

"Good luck."

"Yeah... Thanks."

 

 

---

"Eris Ardent..."

"Oh, it's my turn. Good luck little bro." Eris says before entering the room.

"Yeah, good luck. This is the start of something new." Chuckling Light says. "I can finally make my own decisions, and I can live a life that nobody else can dictate."

 

 

"Light Ardent..."

Taking a deep breath, Light walks into the room. In the room a young woman of unknown age is sitting next to a massive crystal ball. The space around the woman is covered in stars, as if each star in the world projected itself inside the room. Light curiously looks around the room, questioning the identity of the woman and wondering how this was possible. 'Is this the power of magic?'

"Place your hand on the orb."

Light, suppressing his desire to learn about magic, carefully places his palm onto the crystal orb. The crystal orb turns crystal blue for a brief second before turning into a bright white light. The young woman, surprised about the blue light, ponders for a moment before announcing the results. 'Could he be part of that family, sigh, things are going to get chaotic.'

"Light Ardent, Null affinity."

'Wait, what?'

2