I’m never lying when…
223 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- Contractual criminals? Of course, but they don't have that capacity.

-My ladies, of course, they don't, but if they form an organization?
I'm sure my lady can see the importance of such a group.

-What do you want to say?
-What I mean is, that you should not eliminate the organization, just the man who demands the hit.

- Why shouldn't I take care of the organization?

- My lady, an organization that can offer high-quality services, is hard to create. It takes years. The leader of the organization is definitely, not a stupid person. Instead of creating an enemy it's easier to make a friend.

-Friend?

Xavier just lifted the glass to his lips. He made visual contact with Ingrid.

-A man who can hold criminals under control is not a person who enjoys murder. He loves authority, the power to take life with a single order.
The power to decide who lives. The power of a king. Without the crown.

- A king without a crown is not a king.

Xavier put a serious face.

- A crownless king is the most powerful king. Because people around him know what he is capable.
The fact that he doesn't have the crown is his most great weapon. A crown is just an object.

Ingrid did not know why Xavier had such a face.
- They didn't leave any traces. How do you want me to find out something?

- My lady. They have not left any traces now because they are very good at what they do.
But that does not mean they didn't leave any traces in the past. Now their system is perfect but how did it become so perfect?

-Ingrid's eyes showed signs of light.
- With many attempts.

Xavier showed a warm smile. As if the disciple grows.

-Exact. And if they tried, it means
Xavier did not finish the phrase, as Ingrid spoke as if answering a question:

- They made mistakes.

Although amazed by Ingrid's enthusiasm, he was remaining with a solemn face.

- The significant vulnerability is the one that pays. People are weak. They tend to boast. Especially when they drink.

Ingrid taking a comfortable posture:
-How can I make friends with them?

-Hahaha. Just require to torture the one who killed your informant. So you'll find out why he killed your subordinate. You don't even have to dirty your hands.

Do you think they will do that?

- If you pay, why not?

After several moments of silence, Xavier broke the silence.
With an immoral smile, he stared at her neck.

-My dear lady, I have a question.

-Which is? Ingrid's eyes were playful.

-When is your birthday?

Ingrid was surprised by such a direct question.
She couldn't keep her calm.

[It's prettier when she loses calm]

-Why do you want to know?

- How else could I know when to send a gift. It's not fair. You know mine.

The expression of Xavier's face was like a wrongful man.

- I do not need any gifts.

- My lady doesn't need anything but what I can offer, no one can.

-How would it be?

-Your birthday? I can't say. You have to see.

-8 August! A simple answer said in an attitude of tsundere.

Before Xavier had the chance to tease the young lady a beating at the door is heard.

-Young lady. The Duke of Augustus demands a meeting with your excellence.

Without realizing that Xavier is in the room, Ingrid displayed a disgust on her face.

-I am with an honored guest. Decline the Duke.

-Young lady. Duke is not in good mood, I'm afraid..

Before her maid, had the chance to finishes her sentence:

- Now, I have a bad mood too. Who do you think, can order to be killed sooner?

The maid's face darkened.
The young miss was clearly, disturbed by the duke's visit. It was the third this month.

-Young lady, I apologize!

-Get out!
-Yes! The maid quickly came out, of the room.

- I'm sorry you had to see that.

-My lady. I'm glad I could to see that kind of expression on your face. Not many have this privilege.
I'm sure there are many men, who want to see it.

When he said the last part, Xavier's eyes turned toward the door.

Ingrid didn't say anything. She revealed only a weak smile. Not false.

It was visibly exhausted. Xavier who wanted to tease the lady lost any trace of interest. He'll make sure that duke feels his anger.

-Of course, any expression is revealed on my lady's face is the most beautiful expression.

-This prince is very good with the words.

-Risk of the job, my lady. But I can assure you, now, I'm not lying.

-How can I know you're not lying?

Ingrid quickly entered Xavier's game.

- My lady, you say that you wanted to know my secrets. How can you shake my secrets if you do not know when I'm lying?

Ingrid's eyes widened. He is right. When is he lying? When does he tell the truth? This man was the hardest to read that she met. It's usually easy for her. Sometimes it feels too easy.
Of course, she feels it's easy when she has the help of an artifact.

Xavier displayed a smile that had been lost for too many years.

[Too cute. What will I do with you?]

-I will give you a clue, young lady. I'm never lying when I want something.

3