Chapter 11: The Last push
1.7k 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Shout out to @rrobz for joining the patreon

......

Before me was Janet, who was tinkering with her fingers while, every now and then, looking at me with her face red.

I had my reservations about Janet being the girl. . Yet, at no point ever did I envision it would materialize. However, regardless, it has worked out like this, and it's my obligation to clear up this misconception.

But, given the circumstances, I couldn't say anything impulsive since it would make her even more scared and enraged. The question is, what should I do about it? She took a big step in telling me about the event. I mean, I couldn't approach a female and say, "Were you that girl from tomorrow night with whom I was intimate?" No way.

Making a sound as if to speak, I said, "Janet, Please accept my apologies for the previous evening. I was very tipsy and didn't have the foggiest idea of what was going on. So it's better we disregard this. Once more, please accept my apologies, earnestly assuming that I have caused you any uneasiness. " Which is obviously false on my part, since I was completely mindful of what was happening, and I will always remember the wonderful inclination I had that day. In any case, to save some face, I need to say this and believe me when I say this, I need to stay away from Janet no matter what; engaging with her will just cause me more issues.

Her timid glance switched to me as she stared at me expressionlessly for a few moments before responding in a careless tone, "Don't get the incorrect impression that I was concerned about this occurrence. I just wanted to get the mess cleaned up."

"Indeed, I'm glad that we are in total agreement about this, Janet." I gave a murmur of help as she began heading toward me. I shifted my head in disarray with regard to why she was coming in my direction.

"W-what the?" She pushed me to the closest wall and said in a serious tone while looking straight into my eyes.

"Do you think it's that easy to just forget about what happened at karaoke? Are you fucking kidding with me? " Her face was filled with rage as she yelled.

which seems odd given her previous response.

'Why is she so agitated?'

"Janet, relax. What happened to you suddenly? Why are you behaving strangely? Didn't we both promise to keep this a secret?" I put my hands on her shoulders and said. Her eyes trembled as she backed away from me, listening to me.

"I'm sorry, I lost myself for a while, but everything is fine now." As I watched her stunned, she walked up to the mirror and turned on the faucet, splashing water on her face.

Wait for a second, she added, keep this secret between us exclusively, which I have no qualms about,  but that night there was a person who saw us.

"If you don't mind, Janet, but I have a question for you. Someone witnessed us that night while we were*cough* doing it, right?" Her eyes widened briefly when she heard my remarks before returning to normal.

"Well, there was, but you don't need to worry about it."

"Can't you tell me what her name is?"

"That I cannot do. The more you learn, the worse things will get. "  She said as she left the washroom, as I limped behind her.

...

...

...

"What took you so long? Catherine was worried sick, "Brain said as we sat in front of them.

As we sat in front of them, Brain murmured.

"I'm sorry, so what's next? Should we head home? " I said, wiping the sweat from my forehead.

I cast a peek at Janet, who was sitting there with a pout on her face.

Brian and Catherine will begin to have doubts if she keeps making these looks.

"Cale, could you perhaps create some extra time?" Catherine begged, her puppy eyes shining.

"Cathy, my dad is calling me. He has some sort of party with his political members this evening, so I have to leave early" Janet said as she was tapping her cell phone.

"Political member? Is your father an elected official?" Brian questioned Janet, as I stared in her way with the same inquiry.

She casually looked at Brian and replied, "Uh. My father, indeed, is a politician. " She then submerged herself in her cell phone once again.

"Janet's Father served as Lindel's former mayor. He is a well-known character in the community "Catherine exclaimed as she sipped a soft drink from the can.

"It's pretty remarkable," I responded, fascinated by it.

As I said, she turned her face towards me and stared in my direction for a few seconds before going back to her earlier activity.

Okay, that was strange. Is she that mad about that?'

Someone prodded my shoulders as I was pondering.

As I turned my head, I noticed Janet, who was crimson and attempting to say something.

"I was wondering whether you'd be available tomorrow?" That was a significant development. She was ignoring me for a few minutes before suddenly asking if I was free or not. Huh

"Why?" Catherine apparently asked her the question that I was about to ask her.

Janet's gaze met Catherine's, and the two of them exchanged a long stare before Janet broke the quiet.

"I was thinking that now that I've gotten to know Cale, I should invite him to one of my parties. Cale, don't you think it'll help us all grow closer?" She stated, Closing the gap between us.

At that time, I heard a loud smack on the table and glanced at Catherine, who apologized, "Oh, sorry, my leg moved hastily." Brian inquired whether she was harmed, and she simply nodded her head with a typical look, but I couldn't help but notice that something wasn't quite right.

But let's start with Janet. I returned my attention to her, who was waiting for my response. I began to consider what I should say. However, the question is, what should I say to her? Furthermore, does she truly want me to attend her party? Shouldn't we both keep our distance after what happened?

Someone suddenly clutched my right hand strongly.

"I'll gladly go, but you see, Janet, I'm not very good at gathering."

"You don't have to be concerned about it; Catherine and others will be present."

I switched my gaze to Brian, who responded as soon as he observed me.

"Oh, she asked me as well, but I had a nighttime cricket match with a nearby team that day, so I declined. But I really think you should go to the party and hang out with them, man."

"But it doesn't seem right without you, dude."

"Are you sure you don't love each other?" Catherine said cynically as she observed our conversation. "Do we truly appear to be like that?" Brian draws nearer to Catherine and inclining his face very near her face, inquired.

Catherine becomes flushed and talks in a delicate tone, "N-no, I was simply kidding. Quit prodding me. "

"Hey Guys, we're here by the way, could you keep it down?" Alongside me, Janet Laughed seeing this delicate sentiment Unfurling before our eyes. They appear to be extremely close, and this is the first time I've seen Brian act romantically, exhibiting care for the opposing gender.

It turns out that things alter dramatically when students enter high school.  I'm also a high schooler though, but I didn't notice any change in my behavior.

Then, at that point, our discussion goes on for the next 10 minutes before we leave the restaurant..

------

A sedan comes to a halt in front of a large home. Catherine steps out of the car and walks towards the entrance. As she approached the door, she noticed a butler standing there with his head bowed. "Miss, should I- She entered the mansion without listening to the man's statements, and upon entering, she noticed a female standing in the stairwell wearing a nightgown and carrying a glass of wine in her hand. "Have you returned home, dear?" She spoke gently to Catherine, but she didn't respond and began going in the opposite direction towards her room. "What happened, Cathy?" She yelled, but Catharine didn't respond.

...

"Why would you come so near to Cal Janet? I don't mean to hurt you, but if you steal my toy, I'll completely ." She yelled and began tossing things around her room.

And in only a few minutes, the room had devolved into shambles. At such a point, the man dressed as a butler enters the room, as does the lady from before, who is Catherine's mother.

When she sees Catherine in a rage, she approaches her and embraces her while stroking her hair she speaks to her. "Dear, what happened to you? Did anyone say anything to you? Do you want Mom to look after it? Your difficulties are my problems, sweetheart, so please tell mum what happened to you. "

Catherine calmed down as got into her mom's embrace.

"Mom, There is someone i like?"

"Okay then."

"Is it wrong to get upset when someone you care about talks to another girl?"

"No, sweetie, that's quite natural."

"Is it worth doing anything, even the worst of worst, to protect and defend what you love?"

"No, it's entirely natural, exactly as for your father, I've done so far," her mother said, reminiscing about the past as she continued to listen to her speech.

"Is being possessive wrong?" "Please, Mom, be honest about this."

"Possessive, you ask?  Well, as far as I recall, I was and still am possessive of your father from the beginning, so I can assure you it's nothing new. "

Hearing her mother's comments, her tense shoulders relaxed, and she smiled brightly at her mother, who was also glad to see her kid comforted.

"Hey, clean this up; my daughter and I are going to sleep together," she says as she walks out of the room with Catherine.

Catherine received the final push on her wickedest trip that night, one that will completely shatter Cale's and the entire group's life.

 

...........

_____

 

I really don't know how this Chapter was. because of the rush I'm in For the exam i really didn't get the chance to write it well. 

Give me your feedbacks okay..

Author ~

16